ADVERTISEMENT

Burch visiting LSU today

They've implied it plenty of times

I haven't seen anyone suggesting it, but I have not read every post, so I'll take your word for it. Assuming what you say is true, then there are 2 extreme points of view:
1. He is committed here and has absolutely no interest in LSU whatsoever
2. We lost him and he's flipped to LSU already

Then there is a moderate view, which is my view:
1. He's committed here but is still interested in LSU.

This is the view which is the most supported by the facts at hand.

I haven't seen anyone suggesting it, but I have not read every post, so I'll take your word for it. Assuming what you say is true, then there are 2 extreme points of view:
1. He is committed here and has absolutely no interest in LSU whatsoever
2. We lost him and he's flipped to LSU already

Then there is a moderate view, which is my view:
1. He's committed here but is still interested in LSU.

This is the view which is the most supported by the facts at hand.
He's more interested in USC... I was interested in UNC out of High School but I didn't go there... Point is, so what if he likes LSU , he hasn't decommitting. He's a Gamecock

Reactions: okccock
He's more interested in USC... I was interested in UNC out of High School but I didn't go there... Point is, so what if he likes LSU , he hasn't decommitting. He's a Gamecock

We have no idea who is more interested in. You're getting mad at other people for making unfounded statements, but you're doing the same thing.

All we know is that he verbally committed here and then paid out of pocket for he and his mom to visit LSU.

No other details on his recruitment are known right now.

We have no idea who is more interested in. You're getting mad at other people for making unfounded statements, but you're doing the same thing.

All we know is that he verbally committed here and then paid out of pocket for he and his mom to visit LSU.

Sure we do.. we have his commitment.. That to me means he is more interested in USC... If he were more interested in LSU, he would be committed there. By the way , I'm not getting mad at anyone. This thread actually is quite amusing.

Anybody else on here have 17 to 18 year old kids ?? If you do you know that “Commitment” is a different word for this generation .

Would be a bad look if he changes his mind.
It would look bad for Jordan Burch and maybe Hammond, but no one would hold it against SC for very long. And it would only look bad for Jordan and Hammond for a month. Then it would be forgotten and become part of the lore of Gamecock football history called, "What could have been."

It would look bad for Jordan Burch and maybe Hammond, but no one would hold it against SC for very long. And it would only look bad for Jordan and Hammond for a month. Then it would be forgotten and become part of the lore of Gamecock football history called, "What could have been."
I was kind of thinking it would be the other way around. Except it would maybe look worse for Muschamp in particular than USC as a whole. This very well could be his last go 'round here and he's hung his hat on being a great recruiter. Even that's up for debate, considering we're pretty much where we've always been for the last decade plus in recruiting rankings.

BUT as bad as we've been the past couple of years, he's still managed to land some good recruits. And he's also convinced enough people that we wouldn't have gotten them if we didn't have him.

So if his prize recruit punks him on Signing Day, it would damage the only remaining credibility he has left, since the question of his coaching ability has pretty much been answered.

Reactions: agantt and gr8spur

"We" lol.

Someone could easily slip a recruit a few benjamins and no one would be the wiser (it happens all the time).

N0NWR4RRs2WRJ6OPV71zt36CC0EbUDgTfRG4sNpbCnyJest7R9y15hwbib7e8QT4OkPxmgPjYOj9g7BpI58yATi8d0Y

It would look bad all the way around. He would have screwed us over by waiting until too late for us to make other adjustments. But you are right that part would be forgotten quickly. Nobody expects recruits to behave with integrity.

For us it would look bad that we could not hold onto a verbal commit from our own backyard. And it sets up perfectly with us playing LSU next year. Would definitely be the story line heading into the game if Burch emerged as a strong player for them.

The question is will Burch commit to LSU with his team mate and his father that recruited him ten feet away?

Reactions: USC15
If Burch flips, we should:
1. Pull all our children from Hammond
2. Fire Muschamp
3. Fire R.T.
4. Ban any State employees from traveling to LA
5. Start a petition to have LA's Death Valley declared a world-wide storage site for radioactive waste
6. Make sure we stop at #5, and don't over-react

Reactions: agantt
A lot of people on this site are gonna have egg on their face if he flips.

I get a kick out of these comments. People are just passing on information that has been gathered and spread. If he changes his mind, no egg on posters faces. No one is making anyone read or believe what they say, just leading people to info or encouraging people to search for more info.

Anybody else on here have 17 to 18 year old kids ?? If you do you know that “Commitment” is a different word for this generation .

My senior in HS started talking about going into the military during his sophomore year. He committed himself to his education and will graduate with a 4.7 gpa. He committed to his physical fitness and is now 20 lbs more muscular. And at the beginning of his senior year committed to the USMC.

Many youth across American make that same commitment every year as they graduate HS. Many in this generation know, understand, and live out their commitment.

I believe Mr Burch is committed to USC until he isn’t.

Reactions: Expro19 and USC1st
I get a kick out of these comments. People are just passing on information that has been gathered and spread. If he changes his mind, no egg on posters faces. No one is making anyone read or believe what they say, just leading people to info or encouraging people to search for more info.

Well, you shouldn't get a "kick" out of that comment. You know good and well that it was just more than passing on information. Some questioned his commitment when he didn't sign earlier and others called them crazy and assured everyone that he is 100% with a very" i know more than you" tone. If he flips, they will DEFINITELY have egg on their face and they will deserve it. Nothing is 100% until the ink hits paper, especially when it comes to recruiting.

I think there is a better chance that he comes than not, but I'm certainly not going to act like someone is stupid for feeling the opposite at this point.

Well, you shouldn't get a "kick" out of that comment. You know good and well that it was just more than passing on information. Some questioned his commitment when he didn't sign earlier and others called them crazy and assured everyone that he is 100% with a very" i know more than you" tone. If he flips, they will DEFINITELY have egg on their face and they will deserve it. Nothing is 100% until the ink hits paper, especially when it comes to recruiting.

I think there is a better chance that he comes than not, but I'm certainly not going to act like someone is stupid for feeling the opposite at this point.

Here is the problem with your comment, they based their info on no real info. Burch let the staff know ahead of time he wasn't going to sign. It was not some big secret. If he didn't let the staff know ahead of time, then the oh there is a problem group would have something more legit to stand on.

Here is the problem with your comment, they based their info on no real info. Burch let the staff know ahead of time he wasn't going to sign. It was not some big secret. If he didn't let the staff know ahead of time, then the oh there is a problem group would have something more legit to stand on.

Not true. Whether he told the staff beforehand or not, by not signing when he could, he introduced some doubt. And by visiting LSU, that doubt has be amplified, giving credibility to those previous concerns.

Reactions: agantt
Not true. Whether he told the staff beforehand or not, by not signing when he could, he introduced some doubt. And by visiting LSU, that doubt has be amplified, giving credibility to those previous concerns.
I have heard he is waiting to sign with his teammates. You all need to take a chill pill and just wait, He may sign somehwere else with his teammates, but either way, it will be done then, like i have heard he said..

Last edited:

It was always his plan not to sign till February. People just like to create doubt.

Reactions: BigTomE

Nobody is calling anyone stupid but the people acting batshit crazy because he is supposedly thinking about something that hasn't happened yet and ain't gonna happen is crazy... What about the egg on those people's faces when he signs...

It was always his plan not to sign till February. People just like to create doubt.
It seems to me that the doubt was created when he and his family chose to take a self-funded trip to LSU when he's already had an official visit there. Had this not happened, I dare say most people would be relaxed and expecting him to sign with us next Wednesday.

It seems to me that the doubt was created when he and his family chose to take a self-funded trip to LSU when he's already had an official visit there. Had this not happened, I dare say most people would be relaxed and expecting him to sign with us next Wednesday.

That was also a planned trip to a degree as well.

Wes was on Heath's show just now and I caught a little before I had to get out of the car. Sounds like we have a visit to him and his official left. If we cannot nail him down after this weekend, he has apparently been leaning LSU all along. Wes said it was very close between LSU and us on early signing day. In fairness to the kid, he's apparently had Muschamp and mom putting active and passive pressure on him for years now to stay home. I could understand him releasing the pressure valve a few weeks ago but still wanting to give LSU a last look. Your actions speak louder than your words. He really has not spoken yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT