ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson gets its 7th five star for this class

Still no links huh? Ok I’ll just do it.

1.deon Cain was sent home from the playoffs and suspended until after team practice the following year for violating team rules. That’s the only trouble he ever got in. No mention of cocaine. Still no clue where you got that. Maybe you’re thinking Lakib in the summer of 2015? Who knows with you.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/12/30/clemson-suspends-deon-cain-two-others-for-college-football-playoff/?outputType=amp

2. The McDaniel incident happened before dabo was the head coach dummy. Check the date of the article.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=3457784

3. Dumbass cop got himself fired
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...lling-over-dabo-swinney-on-message-board/amp/

5. You can assume whatever you want about the osterine, just don’t call them “facts”. That literally is the definition of opinion. Learn the difference.

5. Here’s what dabo said about Wilkins grabbing. For the record I thought it was idiotic. (The grabbing)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sp...on-groping-players/1553q1htbw77v1v3ea8sd56hzd

Like I said, your “facts” are hilarious. Try harder next time.

prime time, I see what you’re trying to do. You’re trying to help them by providing factual data as opposed to the BS they circulate among themselves and brainwash themselves into believing. But it’s an effort in futility. They like the brainwashing. It helps them cope.

To be honest I think its probably better to just leave them alone in their alternate reality. Making excuses for their position, concocting conspiracies and pointing the finger at someone else instead of addressing the real issues that plague them has been a large part of the culture that has perpetually kept them wandering through the desert. Don’t show them the way out. They like being miserable anyway.

Reactions: FJRTiger
Do you taters not have a board where you can go and hang out? If you want to come and talk football rationally, we welcome you, Heelzfor2 is a great example. He gets his points in but not with malice. You taters are just ridiculous. Go home.

Reactions: heelzfor2
They must really be pumping some money into those NCAA enforcers that turn double blind eyes to their operation. USC goes on probation for a coach that is not even there anymore for texting. Unreal.
I don’t believe they pay players anymore. They don’t have to now. I do believe they did starting with CJ Spiller and that class and a few after that. Once they got the national attention and started winning the NC there was no longer reason to do it. Hats off to them for getting away with it and capitalizing on the opportunity. “They keep it tight” as their assistant basketball coach stated. Why that didn’t warrant an investigation is amazing but I digress. We just need to do the same thing over here. Just don’t get caught and it must absolutely be kept tight meaning a small circle and keep everyone involved happy. No defectors! As my grandfather used to say “lose lips sink ships.”

They might be over budget with all those top rated players. If you think all those players would go to tater town for that wonderful environment, I've got some swamp land to sell you.
You do realize their are a lot of other big name schools that they could go to and collect a pay check. Maybe they like the idea of playing for only a half against those powerful ecc teams.

prime time, I see what you’re trying to do. You’re trying to help them by providing factual data as opposed to the BS they circulate among themselves and brainwash themselves into believing. But it’s an effort in futility. They like the brainwashing. It helps them cope.

To be honest I think its probably better to just leave them alone in their alternate reality. Making excuses for their position, concocting conspiracies and pointing the finger at someone else instead of addressing the real issues that plague them has been a large part of the culture that has perpetually kept them wandering through the desert. Don’t show them the way out. They like being miserable anyway.

Go honor Tilman as you presently do. Classy bunch up there.

Says the guy on a gamecock message board who by the way went 4 and 8... Here to get your ego stroked? I think you being here is the most hilarious thing about your fandom..... Goober....

Their moms sewing circles is taking some time out for the next few months. So, Nancy, Jennifer, and Becky Jane have nothing better outside of mouth drooling and stroking each other’s candy ass egos.

Reactions: Expro19
Anyone else see this thread as "see below"

giphy.gif

No, I don't remember Ole Miss having a #1 recruiting class. I do remember them having like the #7 recruiting class in 2013. The difference was, people were wondering how they managed to sign those 4 superstar players when they were 2-10 in 2011 and 6-7 in 2012. It made no sense that 5 Stars out of Georgia, Florida, and Illinois would go to a bottom feeder in the SEC in Mississippi.

I don't think people are questioning Clemson as much. They are in the playoffs for the fifth straight year and have two of the last three national championships. They'll be favorites to go next year too. They also have the most continuity of their coaching staff and promote from within. Finally, they're putting a ton of athletes in the NFL. It's not hard to imagine why 5 stars would want to be there. Let's say you had a kid who had real football potential. Would you rather he be developed by Clemson's staff or South Carolina's?
This is probably where the SOS is in their favor too. Kids want the easiest path to the NFL, playing in the ACC = less chance of injury. Playing at CU = best chance for rings and national exposure.

Thank You Bubba.....UNC just lost Simpson to Clemson but at least they were in the conversation, a couple years ago Simpson would not even be considering UNC.

The officer dabo made sure got fired. Also fact
Just saying, the officer was fired for being unprofessional and posting the dash cam video feed which wasn't released on a public site from his work computer. If you don't see that he was fired for serious breaches of protocol and security risks (all so he could flex on Dabo) then I don't know what to tell you. I don't like clemtech, nor do I think dabo is the great guy he pretends to be. But it is far from a FACT that he got a cop fired for pulling him over.

Just saying, the officer was fired for being unprofessional and posting the dash cam video feed which wasn't released on a public site from his work computer. If you don't see that he was fired for serious breaches of protocol and security risks (all so he could flex on Dabo) then I don't know what to tell you. I don't like clemtech, nor do I think dabo is the great guy he pretends to be. But it is far from a FACT that he got a cop fired for pulling him over.

He got a job as a Sheriff's Deputy not long after. Was then fired for stalking his ex-wife and making threats, last I heard. Will check his case status because, many times in SC, those types of charges just disappear.

Reactions: paladin181
Georgia signed 8 ,5 star's in 2018.... how's that working out for them....js
Exactly. 5 stars are nice but most schools only get a hand full if they’re lucky. What matters is getting the right 3 and 4 star guys that fit your system and respond to the staffs coaching style. Our best defensive player was a 3 star and our ACC POY was a last minute addition as 3/4 star guy.

Reactions: Hopefultiger20
Well, he made multiple visits to UNC and at one time the CB's had him 80-85% to UNC, however it appears UNC was his second choice as he was Clemson's second choice. Had Clemson not offered, I am fairly certain he would be at UNC.

Exactly. 5 stars are nice but most schools only get a hand full if they’re lucky. What matters is getting the right 3 and 4 star guys that fit your system and respond to the staffs coaching style. Our best defensive player was a 3 star and our ACC POY was a last minute addition as 3/4 star guy.

Agreed. Clemson has done very well in recruiting lately and are doing VERY well this year, with a shot at getting the #1 recruiting class. I do subscribe to the notion that stars matter. You HAVE to have a certain level of talent to have a chance against elite schools. That being said, you also have to have some level of development and culture to take advantage of that talent. Look at FSU, Miami, and USCwest. These are schools that over the last 20 years have as many talented athletes as anyone, but have been far less than the sum of their parts.

This post highlights why a lot of Clemson folks are buying into the Dabo mantra that the "best is yet to come". As @ClemDent posted above, Clemson has done more with less recently. UGA, Bama, OSU have ALL CONSISTENTLY recruited better than Clemson over the past 5 years. But Clemson has better results, because their player fit Clemson and each other better. Filling needs is more important than chasing stars. But finally, Clemson is able to attract players that fit their system AND are all 4/5 star guys.

Just look at this class. There are 18/22 players rated 4 or 5 stars. Where's the drama? These guys aren't making visits or looking around. If they do, they aren't committed. Dabo encourages these guys to make all their visits and when they are sure, they can commit. In return, they don't have to worry about their spot. You blow out your knee in your senior year after you committed, you've still got a spot. Hell, back in 2012 or 2013, Clemson had a 3 star guy that had a freaking stroke during his senior season. He stayed on the commitment list and was part of that class. To be fair, Dabo had him removed from the 85 person roster the next year on a hardship waiver, but he was a full work study student working in the football complex until he graduated.

100% certain Simpson signs with UNC if not for the last minute offer from CU. They can and will do this to UNC in football, just as UNC has and will do to CU in BB.The big dogs can come in late and steal a prospect but it's not because of money.I don't think CU "bought" Simpson out from under UNC. They are an elite program right now, but as noted above "nothing lasts forever"

Definition of fact is dabo was “ ok “ with those guys grabbing those guys inappropriately
Did he do anything to them or say anything about it other than. “ boys will be boys “??
Sorry buddy but he’s Coach and he condoned their behavior . Fact
So joe Craig and deandre McDaniel both were immediately kicked off team?
Do you even follow your team or just choose to be all In and are ok with hitting women ?
And Dabo pushed for cop to be fired but u love dabo so obviously You ok with that also
Yep Deon Cain was caught as well as the kicker with cocaine
Seems you don’t like facts or just more so don’t know the facts
So defend dabo if you want. you are obviously ok with all these things in his time at tater Town

I think you need to write your legislator and have them take some action against Dabo.

Not that any of this matters and its wasted time but....As a side note on Deon Cain....guess you forgot about the fact that Dabo suspended him from the team immediately and he actually didn't even play the entire spring and came back in the summer...Dabo told him to work on his life and decide if he wanted football and Clemson to be a part of it. And the kicker never played another down in football at Clemson. Best I remember on Joe Craig is he was suspended during the football season temporarily for a dispute of some sort and then kicked off the team after the season when he got in a fight with his girlfriend?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT