ADVERTISEMENT

Dabdumb called out by state senator (link)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So keep marriage in church and have no more official government designation. Take away benefits from everyone and the problem is solved. Then its equal. Wow, that was easier than I thought.

Wow - that is profound and you make a good point.

While we're at it - why are kids/dependents considered tax deductions? Aren't those families using more public resources - Shouldn't they be taxed at a higher rate?

As a single guy, I don't get why I pay more for public services while a family of 5 gets to pay less. The guy buying 2 pizzas usually pays more than the guy who only buys one, doesn't he?

Dabo hitting a grandslam on this issue. Wish Spurrier would get off the golf course enough to care.

So you want Spurrier to "get off the golf course" and take a controversial stance against gay marriage? Why? He's a college football coach, not some uber-conservative religious leader. And as same-sex marriage is now legally recognized in SC, you're essentially asking Spurrier to take a stance against the existing law. Sorry, but that's not Spurrier's job.

Reactions: funktavious
Spurrier doesn't give a crap about anything other than his own insecure ego. Can't wait till we can get a coach that can recruit good players out of state. Dabo's building a power, we are headed toward a program similar to the last few Holtz years.

Spurrier doesn't give a crap about anything other than his own insecure ego. Can't wait till we can get a coach that can recruit good players out of state. Dabo's building a power, we are headed toward a program similar to the last few Holtz years.

I checked your limited post history just now, and it's obvious you've been pretending (very badly I might add) to be a Carolina fan for the past few weeks. It's pathetic. Stop pretending to be someone on the internet and step away from the computer.

I believe in Jesus Christ and God. I believe in the Bible whole heartedly. I believe in the content of the Bible. I dont believe a man and a man or a woman and a woman is a legal marrage . I dont know exactly what Dabo said but if he said he doesnt believe in gay marrage Im with him. I believe we should all stand against this because it is wrong. That is my belief and will always be my belief and my stance! Go COCKS!

Reactions: CaliCock and sully2
Actually, this has nothing to do with religion and has to do with all people being treated equally in the eyes of the law. Like it or not, the government, and its citizens, have a real interest in governing marriage - not in churches, but as it relates to society as a whole. Having codified laws related to these specialized contracts (which cover property distributions, inheritance, divorce, child custody, etc.) are necessary to keep the court system (and by extension our society) moving.

The actual problem comes with the fact that since the beginning, non-government, non-elected agencies/organizations (organized religion) have been allowed to determine who is eligible to the right to enter into this completely governmental marriage contract. You can't have that. Again, just because a gay couple is allowed to get a marriage license from the state to enter into a marriage contract (and that's all it is as it relates to the state, a contract that is governed by a specific set of laws) how does that take away from anyone else's religious marriage ceremony? It simply doesn't. No one is forcing churches to perform ceremonies for gay couples - even though some churches are doing it voluntarily - and the "definition" in the churches will never have to change.

And really, if including gay couples in the state's "definition" of marriage takes away from someone's religion, then I severely question their conviction and faith. What the state thinks should have no bearing on a person's religion if they have real faith - a state's laws have no bearing on God's law.

Todd, great response... it really is. and I agree with most of it in principle...but Christians are "offended" by what they see is a defamation of one of the tenants of their religion. Its like the Muslims not liking caricatures of Mohammad. At some point you HAVE to say to yourself, I may not agree with it, but I still should respect it.

The problem was a benefits issue that the gay community latched onto because it was a way that they could get this benefit at the same time tear down Christianity. They saw this as a win/win.

Todd, great response... it really is. and I agree with most of it in principle...but Christians are "offended" by what they see is a defamation of one of the tenants of their religion. Its like the Muslims not liking caricatures of Mohammad. At some point you HAVE to say to yourself, I may not agree with it, but I still should respect it.

The problem was a benefits issue that the gay community latched onto because it was a way that they could get this benefit at the same time tear down Christianity. They saw this as a win/win.

So you think dudes are doing dudes so they can bring down Christianity? I have close friends on both sides of the argument but I have not heard of guys trying to destroy Christianity until this thread. Well, except for huckabee. He thinks everything is an attack on white Christians.

I believe in Jesus Christ and God. I believe in the Bible whole heartedly. I believe in the content of the Bible. I dont believe a man and a man or a woman and a woman is a legal marrage . I dont know exactly what Dabo said but if he said he doesnt believe in gay marrage Im with him. I believe we should all stand against this because it is wrong. That is my belief and will always be my belief and my stance! Go COCKS!

Are you appalled at the number of USC's athletes that have had children out of wedlock or even just premarital sex? Or do you just cherry pick the things from the bible that don't apply to you to get upset about?

Reactions: MookieBlaylock9
Amen pecock1. And yes if all people followed the bible there would not be murder, premarital sex, adultery, divorce, etc. the problem is man is inherently evil and therefore man cares more about his own selfish desires then he does what God desires. I sin, we all sin. However knowing sin and repenting of sin is different then living in sin. That is the problem with homosexual marriage. This life has no guarantee of happiness. I might want to kill my neighbor because of something they do but I chose not to. Someone else might want to lay down with someone of the same sex. They can also choose not to.

You're all dumb! Kyle Parker is the next Fran Tarkenton! Dabdumb saying stupid, fantasy land facts in his own mind was the whole point of the thread! I hate you all for hijacking it! Gay, straight, alien lovers! I hate you all! Lol. This is not where I wanted this to go.

Reactions: CaliCock
I will say this, my brother is gay. My mom has a hard time with it. Me personally I love him no matter what. I mean, he's not making me be gay with him. He's not hurting me or anyone else (except his partner, wink wink.) Although according to some people in the LGBT community, not my brother, if you don't believe what they believe you're an ignorant dumb redneck and have no right to disagree. Those people are who I think most conservatives don't like. I think most conservatives just don't like being told what to think. Just my two cents. Me, I'm neither conservative or liberal, they're all liars.

I'm very much for letting gay people marry other consenting adults of the same sex. I'm for limited government in this regard. Obviously some people have throughout history had the sexual and romantic interest in the same sex. Why not let them get married? Because of tradition? Well guess what not all traditions should stick around just because it's a tradition. Good job dabo for backing down.

Reactions: ipull4usc
You're all dumb! Kyle Parker is the next Fran Tarkenton! Dabdumb saying stupid, fantasy land facts in his own mind was the whole point of the thread! I hate you all for hijacking it! Gay, straight, alien lovers! I hate you all! Lol. This is not where I wanted this to go.

this is the only good post in this thread

except for mine, of course

Reactions: Bleedgandb3334
Guys cheating on their wives and ladies cheating on their husbands are doing more damage to the sanctity of marriage than letting Adam and Steve marry. Where is the outrage in that abhorrent behavior that is all over the TV? But you put two men embracing on TV and our society is coming to an end.

Picking and choosing only certain scriptures is hypocritical to me, and that's just what those that point to the bible to condemn gay marriage are doing.

Dabo is free to speak at whatever event he wishes to, but will it second guess the next Michael Sam to play at Clemson? I'm sure it will.

Guys cheating on their wives and ladies cheating on their husbands are doing more damage to the sanctity of marriage than letting Adam and Steve marry. Where is the outrage in that abhorrent behavior that is all over the TV? But you put two men embracing on TV and our society is coming to an end.

Picking and choosing only certain scriptures is hypocritical to me, and that's just what those that point to the bible to condemn gay marriage are doing.

Dabo is free to speak at whatever event he wishes to, but will it second guess the next Michael Sam to play at Clemson? I'm sure it will.

Guys cheating on their wives and ladies cheating on their husbands isn't legal, so I'm not sure what your point is. Absent the clear double standards against men in our court system, those activities are punished in divorce proceedings. Nothing you've said here makes any sense.

I don't think it will matter if the next Michael Sam will play or not in Clemson... The gay population in America is about 2% or less...

The gay population playing football is about 0.001%...

Dabo just like Tanner was honored by the same group and Todd Rutherford for whatever reason decided he has an election issue of saying something against Dabo...

This is the quote from Todd Rutherford..
Swinney, like Tanner, is a state-paid employee, state Rep. Rutherford noted. “As a state employee, national figure and role model to kids all over the state, Coach Swinney should send a message that he has zero tolerance for discrimination and cancel his appearance.”

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/news/politi...s/the-buzz/article21695046.html#storylink=cpy

Reactions: na_alum
I'm very much for letting gay people marry other consenting adults of the same sex. I'm for limited government in this regard. Obviously some people have throughout history had the sexual and romantic interest in the same sex. Why not let them get married? Because of tradition? Well guess what not all traditions should stick around just because it's a tradition. Good job dabo for backing down.

Haha, to quote Rick and Morty

Jerry: Traditionally science fairs are a father-son thing.

Ricky: Well scientifically, traditions are an idiot thing.

I find that people that support traditional marriage are much more tolerant of opposing views than are the supporters of gay rights. Gay rights activist don't believe you have the right to disagree with them. To disagree with them is to discriminate against them. It's the arrogance of the left that is so irritating to many of us.

Well said Tigerdoc. The straight community has gradually accepted gay people without discriminating against them. THEY are the ones that cannot comprehend why people don`t want to keep anything other than a man and a women only defining marriage. Funny how that has been the norm for centuries and all of a sudden it is some kind of outrageous neanderthal concept. The liberal media has helped this agenda by their bullying tactics, which are quite obvious. Now even someone like Dabo cowers to intolerant groups and people like Todd Rutherford. Nobody seems to have the guts to say enough is enough. They are not being discriminated against by not allowing gay marriage. People and groups who stand up for family and/or Christian values, are under tremendous assault by the intolerance of the people who are supposed to be the tolerant. Isn`t it ironic, don`t you think? The pendulum has swung so far in their favor that it makes formally tolerant people like me want to be intolerant again.

Reactions: jblanken64
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT