ADVERTISEMENT

Deshaun Watson to sit out junior year...

It's true. I heard it from a friend who knows his cousin. I hope no one tweets this out or gets it on Bleacher Report or any site like that. This is confidential information!

Worked out really well for Maurice Clarett.

Clarett was a different situation. He was dismissed form Ohio St for various disciplinary and academic reasons. Sued to try and get in the league early. I think some day soon a sure-fire top 5 pick will choose to sit out their junior year sooner rather than later.

Lets say Watson wins the Heisman and Clem wins the NC (God forbid) what does he have left to come back and prove? Why not go down to IMG in Florida or another academy and develop his game for the NFL. Learn to break down film and pro defenses. Practice for a year with little to no chance of injury. He would no longer be trapped by NCAA rules and his agent can pay for nutritionist, trainers, etc. to get him into the best possible shape.

Reactions: wob
THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AT CLEMPSON

He may come back for his senior year. Sammy took a pay cut when he went to the NFL. He said "Is this all I get?" Dabo will tell Deshaun he is not ready like he did with Deandre Hopkins. Luckily for him he was smart enough not to listen to him. Spiller and Boyd listened and it hurt them.

Reactions: Titleist*
the double standard of the SC media is not funny at all.

link to any site that lists Watson as the sure fire no doubt number one pick in the draft next year? If you cant do that then you are comparing apples to oranges. Also it wasnt just the SC media suggesting Clowney should sit out.

Reactions: Matte Black
link to any site that lists Watson as the sure fire no doubt number one pick in the draft next year? If you cant do that then you are comparing apples to oranges. Also it wasnt just the SC media suggesting Clowney should sit out.
Can't do it. The 2 biggest analysts in the game have him listed in about round 5 if he comes out as a junior. The writers over at rubbingtherock.com apparently know more though because they say he's a sure fire first rounder. Probably said the same thing about Kyle Parker.

Can't do it. The 2 biggest analysts in the game have him listed in about round 5 if he comes out as a junior. The writers over at rubbingtherock.com apparently know more though because they say he's a sure fire first rounder. Probably said the same thing about Kyle Parker.

Exactly no place has him listed any where remotely close to where Clowney was listed going into his Junior year. I have never visited whatever site you just listed so I really dont care what they think. USC sites also post some insane homerish shit.

Exactly no place has him listed any where remotely close to where Clowney was listed going into his Junior year. I have never visited whatever site you just listed so I really dont care what they think. USC sites also post some insane homerish shit.
Doubtful he can improve upon that. He should sit a year for his health.

If Dabo was looking out for his players interest he would advise him to sit out. He is a high first round draft pick who has already had a serious knee injury. If he has another he could really hurt his draft status or even lose the ability to play football.

Wasn't this the rationalization Clempson fans were throwing out to anyone who would listen about Clowney. It applies even more here because Watson has already had a serious knee injury. Sit out and go get your money D.W.! Don't listen to those who don't have your best interests at heart!

5th round? Lmao!

Would you please provide a link. I can't find a 2017 draft list for McShay or Kiper. I did find this - http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2018/QB - that rates him as the #1 QB prospect for 2018.
I posted this over an hour ago, so no, I'm not looking for it. I don't generally respond to people that ask for a link, but I'll point you to rubbingtherock.com. It was in an article from about 4 days ago. As I'm sure you're aware, the #1 qb doesn't always get drafted in the first round. You may not like the projection I mentioned, but it's not my projection. If you've got an issue with it, email McShay. FYI, it was a projection for him coming out as a junior.

Found it in this article. They say he's a day 3 pick.

http://rubbingtherock.com/2015/12/04/espn-analysts-deshaun-watson-is-a-5th-round-draft-pick/

This one says rounds 2-4

http://walterfootball.com/draft2017QB.php

Who knows.

Last edited:
It appears that Clowney has been sitting out the last two years with the Texans based on his production. He certainly hasn't lived up to the hype and # 1 overall draft status....

It appears that Clowney has been sitting out the last two years with the Texans based on his production. He certainly hasn't lived up to the hype and # 1 overall draft status....

Been injured so not fair to judge him yet.

Reactions: NetworkX
Injuries are part of the production equation. If you can't play ( and are sitting out) then you can't produce. I am not suggesting that he is a bust but he needs to get on the field and prove that he was worthy of #1 draft status.

What does that have to do with anything that's been said in this thread?

Reactions: BigTomE
Injuries are part of the production equation. If you can't play ( and are sitting out) then you can't produce. I am not suggesting that he is a bust but he needs to get on the field and prove that he was worthy of #1 draft status.
Exactly. That is why Watson really needs to consider sitting out next year. He had one season where he was injury prone and missed part or all of most games. He had one season where he stayed healthy. If he only plays 3 seasons and 2 of those he ends up missing most of the year with injury, it could really hurt him in the draft. Go the safe route D.W.! Don't listen to these fools!

Reactions: Titleist*
For those with the orange tinted glasses, who fail to see the risk, I've provided a link below. Watson is THE only reason the taters are undefeated. He's tremendously talented and poised.

• IF he remains uninjured, somebody will take him in the first round of the 2017 draft.
  • He's already been on the SI cover twice.
  • IF the taters win it all, Watson will be the reason...his stock will be about as high as it can go, and there will be nothing to gain by playing his junior year.
Therefore, it stands to reason that playing the 2016 season would be a high-risk venture. How anyone can deny that is beyond reason.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=130703&draftyear=2018&genpos=QB

For those with the orange tinted glasses, who fail to see the risk, I've provided a link below. Watson is THE only reason the taters are undefeated. He's tremendously talented and poised.

• IF he remains uninjured, somebody will take him in the first round of the 2017 draft.
  • IF the taters win it all, Watson will be the reason...his stock will be about as high as it can go, and there will be nothing to gain by playing his junior year.
Therefore, it stands to reason that playing the 2016 season would be a high-risk venture. How anyone can deny that is beyond reason.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=130703&draftyear=2018&genpos=QB
Can't wait to hear what Dabo says after his junior year.

I posted this over an hour ago, so no, I'm not looking for it. I don't generally respond to people that ask for a link, but I'll point you to rubbingtherock.com. It was in an article from about 4 days ago. As I'm sure you're aware, the #1 qb doesn't always get drafted in the first round. You may not like the projection I mentioned, but it's not my projection. If you've got an issue with it, email McShay. FYI, it was a projection for him coming out as a junior.

http://rubbingtherock.com/2015/12/04/espn-analysts-deshaun-watson-is-a-5th-round-draft-pick/

This one says rounds 2-4

Who knows.

I'll wait till McShay and Kiper put out actual projections instead of hearing them ramble that he is a 5th round pick on a show. The Walter football projection for that draft year hasn't been updated since July.

One flaw in your logic- Deshaun Watson is a Clemson football player. Therefore, he would not think like a loser. He thinks like a winner and he will be hugely successful in whatever endeavor he chooses whether it is business, medicine, law, athletics etc. He is a very intelligent engaging person not limited to a football career , however lucrative that football career may be.

Can't wait to hear what Dabo says after his junior year.
Dabo and Deshaun made his class schedule the day he got to Clemson so that he could graduate next December(in 7 semesters bc he enrolled early) just so that he can be drafted after his junior year. Dabo has planned on Deshaun leaving early since he got to Clemson and has encouraged him to do so because he is that good.

I'll wait till McShay and Kiper put out actual projections instead of hearing them ramble that he is a 5th round pick on a show. The Walter football projection for that draft year hasn't been updated since July.
I really don't care. I'm not a draft expert. I just randomly brought it up in discussion. You're taking this too seriously. I actually think he's better than a 5th rounder, too. Settle down. It's just a little back and forth on a thread that's obviously meant to take a dig at the people who suggested that Clowney should sit out a year. It's a thread to poke fun at a rival. It's all in fun Mr. Serious.

Reactions: tigers79

This one says rounds 2-4

Who knows.
Lol - McShay talking out of his butt. 72 hours later, no football played, and Watson is a 2nd rounder, possibly first - http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/ESPN-analyst-projects-Watsons-NFL-potential-21603

Dabo and Deshaun made his class schedule the day he got to Clemson so that he could graduate next December(in 7 semesters bc he enrolled early) just so that he can be drafted after his junior year. Dabo has planned on Deshaun leaving early since he got to Clemson and has encouraged him to do so because he is that good.
That's funny, the part about Dabo helping him with his schedule. Watson's a pretty smart guy from what I recall when he was being recruited. Doubt he needed Dabo to help him with something like that.

Reactions: BigTomE
Lol - McShay talking out of his butt. 72 hours later, no football played, and Watson is a 2nd rounder, possibly first - http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/ESPN-analyst-projects-Watsons-NFL-potential-21603
You have some issues. How about this? I take it back. You're right and I'm wrong. He's higher than a fifth rounder. This thread isn't about that. No need to make it that way. The thread is to dig at Clemson fans, and you're helping the SC side of the argument.

You have some issues. How about this? I take it back. You're right and I'm wrong. He's higher than a fifth rounder. This thread isn't about that. No need to make it that way. The thread is to dig at Clemson fans, and you're helping the SC side of the argument.

It was just meant as back and forth. I was poking fun at McShay who literally moved Watson from 5th round to 2nd round in less than a few days. He's just talking out of his butt in either scenario. He has no idea and is just rambling without even having concern for his own consistency. I appreciated the other link you provided because Googling McShay and/or Kiper 2017 draft did not yield that page. I did find the CBS page I provided and the Walter football link you posted. I'm well aware what the thread is about and I always thought the Clowney narrative was pretty stupid, but there are some pretty stark differences. Clowney was viewed as a once in a generation type player. A sure fire #1 overall pick while he was still in high school. Watson is highly regarded and likely, barring injury, a first rounder but he isn't anywhere near the hype atmosphere that Clowney was.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT