ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Georgia

All in all, not any worse than last year, and that game was at WB and that GA team wasn't near as good as this one.

Take the lumps, learn from the mistakes, and build on it.
Agree. I saw some positives in this game. Some of the adjustments in the second half were good. Receivers played well. Thought Doty also played well as did Harris. Defense played better in the second half, got some pressure on the QB and tackled pretty well. Looked as though we changed our coverage scheme a bit. UGA is a very good team loaded with 5-star recruits that we are likely never to see.

Reactions: shiverz
I'm not crying, I'm saying very simply we suck. Am I wrong Einstein???

No, you are acting everyone here thought we are good and you, in your infinite whining wisdom, saw correctly that we suck.

There is no "I told you so". NOBODY thought we would be good this year, especially against one of the top 2 teams in the nation.

Reactions: surfincock
I just read it, and I agree. You have the right to go take the vaccine, then stfu and mind your own business.
You still don’t get it pal. If you are unvaxxed and you walk out into public maskless, it becomes everyone’s business. It’s really not a hard concept.

The one thing I notice is last year we always pulled our o linemen on the running game and we were great at it. This year not one single time so far. That’s what made our running game last year.

You still don’t get it pal. If you are unvaxxed and you walk out into public maskless, it becomes everyone’s business. It’s really not a hard concept.

Incorrect.

And it's pretty obvious why you don't want people replying to you. Easier to foolishly rant when people aren't pointing out your nonsense.

I have no idea why people are pushing vax stuff in a game thread.

I also have no idea why I can't stop myself from responding to it. :)

I have an idea, cover your face in serran wrap and do us all a favor!

Reactions: 1vagamecock
We lost the game, so now you are trying to get the thread locked? It could only happen here.

The one thing I notice is last year we always pulled our o linemen on the running game and we were great at it. This year not one single time so far. That’s what made our running game last year.

Interesting idea. But what do those pulling lineman think of Vax mandates?

/sarcasm

Reactions: alaskagamecock
Of course not but we all know the difference between legitimate criticism and hate. Are you saying I can’t call out posters but they can call out anybody on our team. I’m calling them out. Is that what you are saying? Turn. Off. The. TV.

TV has been off, I’ve been enjoying Todd’s mastery of the English language, thank you for inquiring.

why-why-why-wont-other-people-let-me-make-their-medical-decisions.jpg

Agree. I saw some positives in this game. Some of the adjustments in the second half were good. Receivers played well. Thought Doty also played well as did Harris. Defense played better in the second half, got some pressure on the QB and tackled pretty well. Looked as though we changed our coverage scheme a bit. UGA is a very good team loaded with 5-star recruits that we are likely never to see.
We made adjustment. That didn’t happen very often last year, and we do seem to tackle better.

Reactions: rogue cock
I'm not crying, I'm saying very simply we suck. Am I wrong Einstein???

Of course we suck. Just like last year. Everyone knew we would against one of the best teams in the nation.

People seeing improvement, however small it might be, shouldn't be taken as anyone thinking we were sudden good. Everyone knows we aren't and it will take a long time to not suck.

LOL....really? You think its that simple?

The OL plays as a cohesive unit. Each person's assignment is specific to the unit as a whole. You don't go rogue on a play. Player's look bad because the scheme or the way they are being taught it is bad.
I seriously doubt our scheme involves 3 OL standing around...

Reactions: Pauliecock
I seriously doubt our scheme involves 3 OL standing around...
What I am saying is that they don't look confident or comfortable in what their assignment is in certain schemes. These same players did last year....especially in run blocking. That indicates that coaching is the primary issue...not the player or their ability. And our run blocking scheme has completely changed from last year.

I just got off the phone with Fauci. He checked the science, and said our Oline should double up and wear TWO maxipads this week at practice.

Of course we suck. Just like last year. Everyone knew we would against one of the best teams in the nation.

People seeing improvement, however small it might be, shouldn't be taken as anyone thinking we were sudden good. Everyone knows we aren't and it will take a long time to not suck.
Where is the improvement besides Vann? That's literally the only improvement I have seen.

What I am saying is that they don't look confident or comfortable in what their assignment is in certain schemes. These same players did last year....especially in run blocking. That indicates that coaching is the primary issue...not the player or their ability. And our run blocking scheme has completely changed from last year.
I agree. But I think it’s a combination of OL coaching and players not stepping up. When you let a guy run right by you untouched, that’s on the player.

Where is the improvement besides Vann? That's literally the only improvement I have seen.

I think special teams looks better. At least we aren't fair catching ball inside our own 5.

And I think fundamentally, tackling it better at this point than it was last year. Still a lot of problems of defense with talent level, but they do tackle better.

I agree. But I think it’s a combination of OL coaching and players not stepping up. When you let a guy run right by you untouched, that’s on the player.

I agree somewhat, but I think some players honestly didn't know who they were supposed to be blocking and ended up blocking air. Saw a lot of that.

Brooks also looks better making catches and getting separation. DL got more pressure on the QB and had some good penetration in the backfield on running plays. Tackling was better...they actually hit and wrapped up. And they made some good adjustments in the secondary scheme in the second half. Doty looked good when he got time to throw the ball. Just little things here and there.

OL regression from last year is a big issue and needs to get corrected. Do not like our new running game blocking scheme at all.

Reactions: GoCocksFight2021
It doesn't bother me anymore, I invested way too much time, money and emotion over the years to witness bad football. It's somewhat comical to me now as I've come to expect it, and I have to admit I get a chuckle out of the gangs on here who just swear this it it, we have turned the corner with a particular "coaching staff". So it isn't hate, it's more of I told ya so.
What have you told me I didn’t know? Look you see the glass half empty. I see it twice a big as it needs to be. We just see things differently.

Yep. Fix the OL, and we can win some games.
Typically a unit like an entire line flipping a switch during the season isn't common. Probably combination of coaching and personnel. There are two likely wins left on the schedule, this wasn't an exception due to Georgia's great d-line, our first two lesser opponents controlled our o line as well.

TV has been off, I’ve been enjoying Todd’s mastery of the English language, thank you for inquiring.
All I’m saying is if I was as miserable as y’all, I would control what I could which would be to change teams.

If they were playing a "man-on-man" scheme, you'd absolutely be right.....you take the man in front of you. But it appears they were playing some "zone blocking" scheme that I didn't recognize (not that I am an expert) but the shifts really seemed to throw them off. Don't think many of the players saw the guys that got around them until it was too late...it appeared that they were looking elsewhere for something they expected to see. They simply don't look well coached or well practiced.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT