ADVERTISEMENT

Since 2011 Bama has gone 162-17

Southern Fried Chicken

Gold Member
Sep 6, 2022
They've won 5 National Championships and played for 3 more.
Alabama has NOT lost more than 2 games, in a season (including bowl games) since 2010.
They are currently 11-1

Jawja, on the other hand, has won the last two National Championships.
The Dawgs have won an SEC record 29 games-in-a-row.
The last time Jawja lost a football game was 2021 to Alabama's Crimson Tide. (In the NC game)
They are currently 12-0.

One of these teams will NOT be going to the 2023 CFP.

And y'all seriously believe THEY got it right? (REMEMBER TCU? ... Didn't think so.)
AND next year THEY'LL GET IT PERFECT WITH 12 TEAMS ... LOL.

Maybe when they expand the CFP to 64 teams with a couple of play-in games, you'll understand that you bought their BS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ward Jr
Alabama has NOT lost more than 2 games, in a season (including bowl games) since 2010.
They are currently 11-1

The last time Jawja lost a football game was 2021 to Alabama's Crimson Tide. (In the NC game)
They are currently 12-0.

And y'all seriously believe THEY got it right? (REMEMBER TCU? ... Didn't think so.)

Maybe when they expand the CFP to 64 teams with a couple of play-in games, you'll understand that you bought their BS.

Agree. Determining the best team in college football is little more than a oxymoron at this point.

If college football is going to allow the best players to go to the highest bidders, why not expand the playoffs well beyond 12 teams (after next year) and make it at least fun to watch for fans all over the country?

Honestly, who really cares who wins the National Championship the day after besides that team's particular fanbase?

"Congratulations - You have just been awarded the trophy for The Best Team Money Can Buy in 2023."

At least make things a little interesting along the way.

They are currently 11-1

They are currently 12-0.

Ok I’ll play devils advocate. What’s your problem with a 12 team playoff? Are you honestly going to tell me you would not watch the following playoff games if they had it this year:

5 Oregon vs 12 Oklahoma
6 Ohio State vs 11 Ole Miss
7 Texas vs 10 Penn State
8 Alabama vs 9 Missouri

Winners advance to play Georgia, Michigan, Florida State & Washington.

And even if you didn’t watch, many would. Most teams wouldn’t even add a game to their schedule. We wouldn’t because we’re not in it. Georgia would play one more game. Half of the 5-12 ranked teams would lose so they wouldn’t play any more games than if they went to a bowl instead of the playoff.

Saying we’re going to 64 is a bit of a stretch. It’s only taken your entire life to move from 2 to 4 to 12. You seem certain the expansion to 64 would happen quickly.

I remember TCU. I remember them beating Michigan’s a$$. I remember Alabama losing 2 games last year. They didn’t deserve to go. That’s what happens when you lose twice. TCU got boat raced by Georgia. There have been a lot of national championship games that ended up being lop sided affairs. Doesn’t mean the second best team didn’t go. Just means there is a big gap between one and two.

Okay, I'll play your silly game, even though I thoroughly understand that you have no interest, whatsoever, in ANY honest discussion/explanation or seeing something from a different point of view.

Let's get one thing straight from the beginning. If you can't see and understand that my comment about a 64 team playoff (tournament) wasn't PURE SARCASM, then you're a pure idiot.

First and foremost, College is about ACADEMICS, not about satisfying your & millions of others, TV addiction. It's about EDUCATION. It's not meant as a stepping stone for the less than 2% of college athletes who ever even play professionally.

"The NFL owns a day of the week. The same one the Church used to own, they got it now."
If THE NFL is so important, so powerful, why aren't they funding their own Minor League, just like every other Professional sport? N.I.L (We're NOT Professionals. We just wanna be paid like we are!).
You have your Professional Football. Why mess with MY college football? You would certainly have to agree that the level of talent is much less in the NCAA than the NFL. But Wait! Aren't you the same dude that won't watch Women's BB because, 'they're just not as good'? So what is it that YOU want? 20 weeks of Professional College Football? What about those damn good college athletes who don't get the chance to compete because they're not good enough for Today's Semi-Pro College Football?
Are they condemned to the Elon's & Mt Union's of the NCAA?

About Your P/O teams. Four SEC teams. 3 of which were not good enough to win their Conference Championship. In fact, 2 weren't even good enough to win their own division. BUT NOW, they're Good Enough to be National Champions??? Son of a gun, it's the same thing with the 3 teams from the Big 10. And I'm not going to waste my time chasing down how many games THOSE TEAMS have ALREADY PLAYED Against Each Other...... AND LOST!!! (Obviously Half). And what about the first two teams out??? How will you ever even attempt to justify why Teams #11 & #12 got in and teams #13 & #14 were left out? It would be easier to try to explain the Balk Rule to someone who has never played baseball. (You can't use, Oh Well, we already have 4 teams from the SEC).

Didn't 'The Bowls' satisfy this same craving? Lord, we had our own NATIONAL HOLIDAY!!!. HANGOVER & FOOTBALL DAY (A.K.A. New Year's Day). Even the Weekday Games, leading up, were great (ya know, the ones where Carolina might be playing). OK, Okay, then it got watered down, especially when they started allowing teams with losing records. BUT WAIT AGAIN. What gives YOU the right to think The Bowl Expansion watered things down BUT expanding the CFP is going to make it BETTER?

At least back when, after January 2nd, you could still argue 'Nobody could stop that Big 10 run game with the O-line they have!' 'Yeah, well who's going to stop a Big 12 Passing Game?' And of course we all know ... "An SEC Defense would totally shutdown BOTH and their offense would out score 'em' by 21 points." There was Banter. The was discussion. There was consideration of other opinions and points of view. NOW, you have teams scheduling 3 and even 4 Patsies during the regular season. WHY? So we can chase some National Championship Dream? Doesn't that make the Regular Season less vital? Look at Carolina. We've got 4 virtual 'Can't Lose Games' next year. And yet, it's more than likely we'll have a losing season.

And Why, in God's name would I have any interest in Oregon/Oklahoma, Ole Miss/Ohio St, and Texas/ JoPa St match-ups in a playoff game whatsoever? HONEST!!! I would seriously need to get a life, if I did. I've always had a deal with any & all my Ladies (Whether or not they liked it) Let me watch all my Gamecocks, the Super Bowl and the Yankees when they are in the playoffs and/or Series and the rest of the time the TV is YOURS. But, although I do not agree I still respect your right to Select TCU for the CFP simply because they beat Michigan's ASS, one game, whether or not you actually watched! (By the way, there are NO $ signs in 'ASS')

REMEMBER, You're the one who posted ... "OK, so I'll play Devil's advocate. What's your problem with a 12 team playoff?" Asked and answered. I don't need a reply and I certainly, am NOT asking for your opinion.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT