ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD!!!

Let’s enjoy the fact we finally have a marquee win under Champ today
I have no issue with that , I'm ecstatic but jumping out the gates saying he's fine for the year is preamature. The same people will be complaining for his head if we lose next week.

Yes...for now. He still made some glaring mistakes today, but the defense has really improved.

Every coach makes some mistakes and players fail to make plays or commit penalties at the wrong time, but good teams overcome mistakes. We did that today. If we are healthy enough I think we can beat Florida to get to 4-3.

I have no issue with that , I'm ecstatic but jumping out the gates saying he's fine for the year is preamature. The same people will be complaining for his head if we lose next week.

I’m one of the ones who thought he should be gone at the end of the year. I think most true fans can celebrate the win today, but still believe we have to expect a winning season each year if we want to say that we are making improvements.

Reactions: Gamekem
Honestly asking, why should I. I mean our schedule isn't exactly easy and between all injuries and not so great playcalling, one good game doesn't secure his job unless he backs it up.
because we just won a damn good football team and your still hangin around talkin shit. create your own thread and see how much traction you get with your comment. we’re having a nice little party, and you’re trying to pop the ballons with a sad face. do something else for the rest of the afternoon dude. i can’t force you guys to leave, but i can ask.

Honestly asking, why should I. I mean our schedule isn't exactly easy and between all injuries and not so great playcalling, one good game doesn't secure his job unless he backs it up.

It depends on how healthy we are going forward. If RH is out for several games and Edwards and others are limited or out due to injuries we probably won't win more than 5. If players get healthy we can win 7. Maybe 8. But we have to beat Florida.

The ESPN suits are so disappointed. Can’t even give us a compliment, only focused on UGA’s mistakes (like we didn’t make any of our own!).

ESPN sucks! The most unprofessional broadcasters on television re: their treatment of Carolina - there's a story there, believe me. Someone has a personal grudge.

because we just won a damn good football team and your still hangin around talkin shit. create your own thread and see how much traction you get with your comment. we’re having a nice little party, and you’re trying to pop the ballons with a sad face. do something else for the rest of the afternoon dude. i can’t force you guys to leave, but i can ask.
Well sorry if I threw a wet blanket on your party. Not trying to talk mess, just trying keeping it in perspective. Greatest win of his career but let's not get too crazy in the heat of the moment. I can care less about gaining traction, just made what I assumed to be a respectful but honest comment. Sorry if that it offends you so much.

The team bailed out the coach and the field goal kicker. Mainly it was the defense. It was all the defense. We really did nothing on offense once Hilinski went out. Look at it.

That's what good teams do. They find a way to win.

Now, if we suck the rest of the season and lose to Vandy or App State then this win means less.

That's what good teams do. They find a way to win.

Now, if we suck the rest of the season and lose to Vandy or App State then this win means less.
We've lost two games we should have won and now have won a game we didn't figure to win. We are now one game behind schedule. The thing now is this: can Hilinski go? I saw nothing after he went out today that makes me think we can beat anyone halfway good over 60 minutes without him.

Reactions: Gamekem
Enjoy dropping in after a win. An excellent one that I did not expect. But we did it.

I told my sister yesterday (who is in Minnesota and had to watch on a delay) that we have a lot of question marks and still do, and I thought we would be hard to prepare for in some ways.

Very proud to be a Gamecock today! I know you people down on the Ga border will enjoy this.

GOCOCKS! BEATFLA!

We've lost two games we should have won and now have won a game we didn't figure to win. We are now one game behind schedule. The thing now is this: can Hilinski go? I saw nothing after he went out today that makes me think we can beat anyone halfway good over 60 minutes without him.

True, and if Ryan is out they will have to install some wrinkles for Joyner to have any offense. But I'm encouraged by the defense. They can keep us in most games and that has been a weak point. They seem to be gaining confidence.

I stick with my assessment scrappy situation coaching. But those kids played there tails off. They whipped uga and found a way to beat #3 on the road with a third team injured qb is amazing. What guts an effort.

It depends on how healthy we are going forward. If RH is out for several games and Edwards and others are limited or out due to injuries we probably won't win more than 5. If players get healthy we can win 7. Maybe 8. But we have to beat Florida.
Can you imagine losing to UNC & Mizzou, then turning things around & knocking off UGA & UF in back to back weeks. Wow

Reactions: OldWiseCock
1) We won with our 3rd string QB.
2) It was starting to become a MASH unit out there.
3) Refs tried as much as they could to give UGA the game.
4) We still won....
5) Do you know how bad a #3 Carolina squad would beat these Mutts?

Great win CWM and team! D played one of the best games I’ve ever seen a Gamecock team play.

No review of that first down? Good Lord.

You can’t be that stupid and coach! We had the ball. And a hurt QB. Take a chance on having the first down already with a review!

He makes the same freakin mistakes every Saturday!

...and paid mill
Wow, what a great way to end the half. Hopefully in builds into the second half.
That would put us back on schedule for this season's record to be what it ought to be.

Just so proud of the guts these guys showed.And so happy Parker White not the goat.No way I thought we’d keep them out of end zone in OT.
A suggestion for those wanting to throw cold water on incredible win-go away for right now.

Defense won us that game. I’m thrilled over it. But if we want to win any more games, we need to either get RH back or adjust our game plan when Dak comes into the game. He is not a pocket passer and we need to get him out into space. Good for him though, he could have transferred and didn’t. Now, he walks out of Sanford Stadium the winning QB.
O line allowed 0 sacks. Not a bad effort by those guys. Definitely the best defense our O has faced all year and on the road no less

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT