ADVERTISEMENT

How Many Wins For Us in 2015? What Will Be the Score vs. UNC?

7-6...UNC takes the opener by 10 as our defense struggles with tempo. I do think a lot of the kinks are worked out by week 2.

Much improved, experienced OL and just about all the skill positions will be coming back....better have your Special Teams ready or this little kid will run it back on you.....song sucks, suggest turning volume down.

9-3 says my heart...8-4 says my head. Hope I'm wrong on both though and we'll end up 11-1 playing for the SEC.

I think the opener will be tough. but I can't see us losing to UNC. I thought when Fedora got there he would make strides but as of right now it looks he wasn't ready for prime time...even in the ACC. They always started off slow which is a sign that he and his staff struggle teaching their players and they need live games to improve. I'll admit they had a tough starting schedule for ACC standards last season, but their defense was about as bad as ours and there's no way they should've lost some of those games as badly as they did. I think this opener will come down to which teams defense shows the most improvement.
By comparing what both teams return on offense I can see where some prognosticators might give UNC an edge. But if their defense is as bad as it was last season they could make C. Mitch look like a veteran SEC QB.

I'm going to say USC in the neighborhood of 27-23.

I am thinking we are due for some good luck at the end of games, after last year. We have maybe the toughest road schedule in the country. I say we go 2-3 on the road, and 6-1 at home........8-4 overall.

I think we go 7-6. Just too many unknowns, and a tough schedule as usual. We will be improved on D, but will struggle at times to move the ball on O.
Steve Spurrier will not bother even getting of bed for another 7-6 season. He will get this fixed. I expect at least 9 wins and a 2 TD margin of victory in Charlotte. Big turnaround coming this year folks.

Not exactly stellar defenses in that highlight video.

6-6, nothing is fixed on defense and our offense won't be as good. UNC 41 Us 20

6-6 sounds right. Missed tackles. Hands on hips exhausted by 2nd qtr. Kickoff returner runs strait into the first defender he sees. OL gets pushed around. All this if we keep having pillow fight practices

Reactions: conCOCKshon
I think we can get 8 or 9 wins. Defense should be vastly improved. Biggest wildcard for me is Mitch. The potential to be great is there, but we just don't know how he will respond to being "the man." Some guys really step it up when put in charge, so let's hope that is the case with Mitch. If so, we will have a chance to win the East.

As for the UNC game, I will say that the Gamecocks win 27-24. We lead most of the game, but keep it interesting by never really pulling away.

Last edited:
Also, Cooper will be in New York for the Heisman presentation. He won't win but he will be there. Spurrier is the best in the nation for a reason. He will turn this around. Also, I think we beat Clemsux by 20 in Willy B. They will have a terrible and D and their O will be overrated. They have below average backs, decent receivers outside of Scott and Watson is only good at hand offs to Scott. That crap won't work this year against Wideman, Lewis and the Dixon boys. Mark it down.

I say this with complete seriousness, 10-2. We will win the SEC East and play Auburn in the SEC title game. I think Mitch throws 35 touchdowns. Cooper has 15 of them. Defense ranks just outside top 10. As for UNC, I'll say we beat them 31-10.
I say this with complete seriousness. You're wrong. You're not even close. We are SC circa 1974 where we hope to beat somebody instead of expecting it like we did during the Latt years. You dreamers are embarrassing yourselves.

8 or 9 wins....

UNC game will be close because we never play good in 1st game of year. However, our talent is much better than UNC and Hoke is the real deal. Our young secondary and LB corps last year are going to be much improved this year and we added some necessary help and talent on DL. My question marks are OL and QB but our RB's should be able to keep teams from teeing off on Mitch. Deebo Samuel is our next big playmaker on offense.

8 or 9 wins....

UNC game will be close because we never play good in 1st game of year. However, our talent is much better than UNC and Hoke is the real deal. Our young secondary and LB corps last year are going to be much improved this year and we added some necessary help and talent on DL. My question marks are OL and QB but our RB's should be able to keep teams from teeing off on Mitch. Deebo Samuel is our next big playmaker on offense.

"However, our talent is much better than UNC"

I am not so sure that is the case. They have a lot of talent on offense. Probably more than we do right now. If not it's close. Hood at RB, their QB Williams, and Quinshad Davis and Ryan Switzer. Those are all really good players.

Reactions: tigerpaw417
I say this with complete seriousness. You're wrong. You're not even close. We are SC circa 1974 where we hope to beat somebody instead of expecting it like we did during the Latt years. You dreamers are embarrassing yourselves.

So I'm not allowed to be optimistic? I really do think we will be improved. I'm not going to sit here and trash our team because of one bad season.

Much improved, experienced OL and just about all the skill positions will be coming back....better have your Special Teams ready or this little kid will run it back on you.....song sucks, suggest turning volume down.

Hope he does run it back to start the game. We usually kick ass after giving up a K O return.
Well we got Shon Carson. He will find the first Tar Heel down the field and run right into him guaranteed!

I say this with complete seriousness, 10-2. We will win the SEC East and play Auburn in the SEC title game. I think Mitch throws 35 touchdowns. Cooper has 15 of them. Defense ranks just outside top 10. As for UNC, I'll say we beat them 31-10.

Hey, alright! Someone with some optimism. Let me say this, if Mitch throws 35 TDs and our defense is just outside the top 10.....we should be preseason #1 or #2 in 2016.

I personally think Mitch turns in a Thompson-esque year with around 25 TDs and defense improves up to the top 30-40. That would be phenomenal as well, even if your scenario is what I'm dreaming about.

I will say this........I'm not writing off Spurrier just yet.

You come on here every day whining like a hysterical school girl, complaining and beetching about every subject, and you want to suggest any posters with a positive outlook on life are the ones "embarrassing themselves"?

Heelz u definitely have talent on offense. May come down to which defense shows most improvement

;) Agree MB and if that is the case I have to go with the Gamecocks. Just not sure they can turn the D around enough to beat you guys but I do think they will be much improved, hell, they really could not do much worse. I witnessed the Pirates of ECU put up 70 on them and it actually was worse than the score indicated...that 4-2-5 just did not work well....

Has any athlete ever flunked out of unc? Devry of the south what an embarrassment . I would be more proud of a midlands tech welding certificate than a PhD from that diploma mill.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT