ADVERTISEMENT

How Many Wins For Us in 2015? What Will Be the Score vs. UNC?

USC's talent level is better than UNC's? Both of UNC's QB's are better than USC's. UNC's OL is better than USC's. UNC's talent at WR overall is better than USC's. I may give USC the edge on defense since spurrier went all out in bringing in JUCO's to help float a sinking ship. But UNC will be a very tough out for anybody they play this year. Their offense could be scary good.

UNC's offense didn't do crap when Clowney took plays off. I'm not worried about UNC's offense one bit.

That was an inexperienced O you played last time with your experienced D anchored by Clowney...I think both offenses score in the 30's its going to come down to which D makes that one play to stop a drive and secure the W......

No doubt UNC will not be an easy game. Not sure their OL is better than ours. We are definitely better at LB. Probably in secondary. DL not sure. Lot to prove there

They had good offenses the last 2 times we've played them. But as I stated earlier, they always start out slow every season since Fedora has been there and I don't see that trend changing this season, especially playing in Charlotte. I bet USC fans out number theirs by 30% or more.
You can't be serious. You were outdrawn by ECU in Charlotte.

Please show me when ECU has a larger attendance the UNC

OK, I exaggerated but there's not a huge difference. Last years average was 45K for ECU, 54K for UNC and 81K for USC.

But remember way back in 2007 when USC rolled into Crapel Hole there seemed to be as much garnet and black in the stands as their was powder blue, and attendance was over 61K where Keenan's capacity is listed at 60.

They won't be playing with a round ball, you will see more garnet and black in the stands when they meet again. Bank it.

Reactions: Dooley34
Yes, because unlike you I can see our program is nowhere near where we were just 3 years ago. Y'all are the same people who supported Fat Brad, Sparky, June and all the rest to the bitter-end when every objective unbiased, observer can see we are in a downward trajectory. We have a 70 year old coach who made a boatload of mistakes last year. Our staff is unquestionably inferior to our staff of 3 years ago. Yet, you dream that our team, which consistently recruits in the bottom half of the SEC, can have a 9-10 win season. That's embarrassing. You sound like the Clemps who predict championships every year.

I don't know 'bout all that. I know the last time we won only seven games (2009) we followed that season with 9 wins the next year - opening the 2010 season against another Fedora team with a pretty spiffy 1st game 40+ point offensive output win and surprising a lot of fans - especially those who always say "we NEVER play well the first game".

Well, sometimes we do. Your recruiting comment makes no sense. Who cares what 'rivals' and rating agencies think ... we recruit 'position' players as-needed and have sent a boatload of guys on to the NFL since Spurrier took over our program - quite a few of them 3-stars when they got here.

You need to get over those three 4th Q. "how did that happen's?" from last year, be encouraged by the excellent bowl win and the way we bounced back ... and just learn to love the team instead of your own opinion. And FWIW our football staff is 1st-rate.

UNC IS supposed to be much improved. If we spank 'em in Charlotte it'll tell us a lot about what we should expect the rest of the year. What I really hope is that our fans turn out to support 'em ... we barely put 70,000 in the seats against So. Miss in that 2010 opener following that last 7-win '09 season ... a BUNCH of 'fans' didn't really get on-board until we started winning some big ones, starting with the 2010 season. We'll be pretty good this year, I do feel pretty good about that. And also FWIW - I don't just 'hope' to win anymore (like I used to in the 70's) ... I expect to win. That "70-year old" guy you feel like you need to run down did that. I've watched a bunch of 'em since Pepsodent Paul was calling plays ... none of them came close to SOS.

USC's talent level is better than UNC's? Both of UNC's QB's are better than USC's. UNC's OL is better than USC's. UNC's talent at WR overall is better than USC's. I may give USC the edge on defense since spurrier went all out in bringing in JUCO's to help float a sinking ship. But UNC will be a very tough out for anybody they play this year. Their offense could be scary good.
Listen, I know USC defense was hot garbage last year, but UNC's enitre team was hot garbage. ECU dropped 70 on them. The also got rolled by Miami, NC State and Rutgers.

I say this with complete seriousness, 10-2. We will win the SEC East and play Auburn in the SEC title game. I think Mitch throws 35 touchdowns. Cooper has 15 of them. Defense ranks just outside top 10. As for UNC, I'll say we beat them 31-10.
I agree but i am not ready to say how many TDs Mitch will have but honestly... look at how bad our defense was last year... it was that bad and we won 7 games including GA and had big leads and opportunities to win all but 2 (clem and T A&M). Nobody was shocked more than me after watching the A&M game but it made sense after i thought about it and watched what happened. the fact that we won 7 games last year is incredible. Pass rush was so bad and coverage was bad and then suffered more from the lack of a pass rush. you could see at times the ward was speechless and didnt have the answers. we have help on defense this year and i actually think the coverage will be much better this year. we already have IMO some great LBs and hopefully (this is all speculation) we will have a MUCH better D-line. Where my real questions and concerns come in are on offense. I think Pharoh is great but he is not amari Cooper and i think that is how we are expecting him to carry the offense. i think we can be a GREAT team if we can find some weapons on offense. I hear Samuel and Googer and williams could be great. we are going to need it. we will need more than just one great weapon. even with lattimore we had alshon and with ace we had bruce and with rice we had McKinley. i really like wilds ( more than i liked davis ) but i don't think wilds is good enough to carry the offense and williams has the build and speed but i am not sure if he has the vision and can put it all together. we need our running backs to be better than davis. Thompson was good last year and put up good numbers but i think we knew he wasnt going to lead us to the success shaw did. i think Mitch has more talent and potential but it will take time to see it and who knows how he has developed and will continue to develop and who knows how he will perform ...

I don't know 'bout all that. I know the last time we won only seven games (2009) we followed that season with 9 wins the next year - opening the 2010 season against another Fedora team with a pretty spiffy 1st game 40+ point offensive output win and surprising a lot of fans - especially those who always say "we NEVER play well the first game".

Well, sometimes we do. Your recruiting comment makes no sense. Who cares what 'rivals' and rating agencies think ... we recruit 'position' players as-needed and have sent a boatload of guys on to the NFL since Spurrier took over our program - quite a few of them 3-stars when they got here.

You need to get over those three 4th Q. "how did that happen's?" from last year, be encouraged by the excellent bowl win and the way we bounced back ... and just learn to love the team instead of your own opinion. And FWIW our football staff is 1st-rate.

UNC IS supposed to be much improved. If we spank 'em in Charlotte it'll tell us a lot about what we should expect the rest of the year. What I really hope is that our fans turn out to support 'em ... we barely put 70,000 in the seats against So. Miss in that 2010 opener following that last 7-win '09 season ... a BUNCH of 'fans' didn't really get on-board until we started winning some big ones, starting with the 2010 season. We'll be pretty good this year, I do feel pretty good about that. And also FWIW - I don't just 'hope' to win anymore (like I used to in the 70's) ... I expect to win. That "70-year old" guy you feel like you need to run down did that. I've watched a bunch of 'em since Pepsodent Paul was calling plays ... none of them came close to SOS.
I love reading posts by the recruiting apologists. Let me ask 1 question and make 1 comment:

How did the sudden flips at the end of the last recruiting cycle reconcile with your belief that we recruit to positions?

As far as recruiting rankings go, Latt, Gilmore and Clowney say Hi.

"As far as recruiting rankings go, Latt, Gilmore and Clowney say Hi."
99 conCOCKshon, Yesterday at 6:04 PM

I'm sure you speak for 'em! Tell 'em 'hi'! back. All of them 5-stars, all great Gamecocks - and but for injuries I'm sure Lattimore and Clowney would be enjoying the NFL success Gilmore is. Heck, we've sent several other 4 and 5-stars to the pros, as well - Melvin Ingram, Cliff Matthews and Ace Sanders come to mind.
But my point was that we've sent MANY MORE 2 and 3-stars to the NFL who were GREAT Gamecock players and are now GREAT pro-players ... Swearinger, Shaw, Succop, Joseph, Johnson, Allen, Cook, Brinkley were ALL 3-star 'Rival-rated' out of HS and ALL didn't just make the NFL they've been STARTERS in the NFL. So have Munnerlyn and DiMarco - and those two guys were TWO (2-star) rated HS players before becoming GREAT Gamecock players. We've sent SEVERAL other former players still trying to 'break through' on NFL practice squads 'barely getting by' earning paltry low SIX FIGURE salaries ... MOST of THEM were 3-star 'rated' coming out of HS.
Spenser Lanning wasn't rated at all, and neither was Bruce Ellington - Bruce was considered a BASKETBALL prospect, Rivals didn't even rate him in football (and he made the team as a walk-on).
Connor Shaw was as good as any SEC QB he ever played against, Swearinger would knock your head off, Sucop didn't miss, Joseph was a madman, Johnson bent over at center and didn't leave the field for four years, Lanning kicked it high, long, short or sideways - whatever was needed ... ALL of 'em 3-stars.
But what about Munnerlyn?
A LOT of Gamecock 'fans' dissed Captain - he was too skinny, too slow, too short - then they dissed him again for 'leaving too early'. Yea, right.
He made GREAT money for the Panthers as a starter ... but really makes the moola' today.
Munnerlyn's salary this year is $5.7 million, 2016 is $7.2 mil and 2017 is $8.7 million - and his current 'Net Worth' is reportedly $15 million (which - by the way, is the same as that attributed to the HBC) ... not too shabby for a too skinny, too slow, too short 2-STAR from a small SC town by way of the SC Gamecocks.
It's fun to second-guess and opine and complain. We all do it. But we don't all do it all the time.
You do.
Maybe it would help to see how we play before you decide the sky is falling, the pantry's empty and it's time to bail. Just a thought.

I say this with complete seriousness, 10-2. We will win the SEC East and play Auburn in the SEC title game. I think Mitch throws 35 touchdowns. Cooper has 15 of them. Defense ranks just outside top 10. As for UNC, I'll say we beat them 31-10.
Has just become my favorite poster. I am predicting 9-4 but I like this prediction a lot better. Hope Connor2 does his best Steve Tanneyhill impression.

Has just become my favorite poster. I am predicting 9-4 but I like this prediction a lot better. Hope Connor2 does his best Steve Tanneyhill impression.
He's your favorite because he's crazy and isn't afraid to embarrass himself? Okay.

I say this with complete seriousness. You're wrong. You're not even close. We are SC circa 1974 where we hope to beat somebody instead of expecting it like we did during the Latt years. You dreamers are embarrassing yourselves.
there are certainly people embarrassing themselves. See quote above.

Game 1 - North Carolina - L
Game 2 - KU - W
Game 3 - Georgia - L (by a lot)
Game 4 - UCF - L
Game 5 - Mizz - L
Game 6 - LSU - L (by a lot)
Game 7 - Vandy - W
Game 8 - T A&M - L (by a lot)
Game 9 - Tenn - L (by a lot)
Game 10 - Fla. - L
Game 11 - Citadel - W
Game 12 - Clemson - L (puts up 70)
SEC CCG - LOOOOL
Bowl Game - LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Next season? New head coach. Spurrier says "F THIS" and plays golf.
3-9 ....how much money you got? Go back to the sad apple.tater

Game 1 - North Carolina - L
Game 2 - KU - W
Game 3 - Georgia - L (by a lot)
Game 4 - UCF - L
Game 5 - Mizz - L
Game 6 - LSU - L (by a lot)
Game 7 - Vandy - W
Game 8 - T A&M - L (by a lot)
Game 9 - Tenn - L (by a lot)
Game 10 - Fla. - L
Game 11 - Citadel - W
Game 12 - Clemson - L (puts up 70)
SEC CCG - LOOOOL
Bowl Game - LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Next season? New head coach. Spurrier says "F THIS" and plays golf.

You live in Fantasy Land.

Now guys, you know that was just my ideal season. I would love to see some Lou Holtz type of seasons going on again...Likely? No...but hey, I can dream right?

I honestly am not sure how you expect to beat some of the teams you are saying you will though. Good luck (I suppose). You will certainly need it. I can't wait to capture every visor throw this season. GET 'EM SPURRIER.
Taters have been waiting a long time. But that's OK in a few months you can go back in your hole.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT