ADVERTISEMENT

I would like to have a intelligent discussion about the horrible shooting that occurred today in Boulder, Co. No politics allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2nd Amendment needs to be banned. I'm not trying to get anyone riled up, but just imagine if none of the population had a personal firearm of any kind. I think it would lead to a more civil society.

I think that's debatable.

One counterpoint would be to say, if drugs were illegal, we wouldn't have overdoses and drug addicts. Round about way of saying that if you ban something like guns, only the law abiding people will disarm, the criminals will keep getting theirs.

Reactions: bflogger28
You’re spinning in circles.

There are certainly people on the no fly, or “watch list” as you call it who are eventually allowed to buy guns. I don’t have a problem using the no fly list as a check for gun ownership. The biggest issue with it is if you’re incorrectly added to that list, it’s almost impossible to get your named removed....which is why Ted Kennedy and John Lewis kept running into issues. If then-active politicians can’t get their name removed, imagine how you would do so if you had that same issue?

Then you mentioned “terror watch lists”.

I think if the FBI has questioned you for a potential terror threat, if you try to legally try to buy a gun it should come under increased scrutiny.

My point, again, is I find it odd that a fair number of shooters have legally purchased guns after being questioned by the FBI, and don’t seem to have had any issue in doing so. It’s happened enough that it’s curious how it repeats itself.

Maybe you don’t find that odd. Or maybe you just like arguing.
There is no spin. You are concerned that people who are on FBI watch lists have bought guns and then turned around and used them for mass shootings. The solution for this is to utilize the watch lists as a reason the delay/disqualify someone from being able to purchase a gun. You are opposed to that because sometimes people end up on those lists by accident. So again you aren’t concerned about the people on a watch list buying a gun.

I also already said there is nothing odd about people on those lists being involved in these types of activities. They ended up on those list for a reason and If you don’t use those lists to prohibit gun purchases you will continue to see that happen. It is a bigger shock when someone not on those lists are involved in these types of incidents.

See Democrat Party as exhibit#1. Multiple people are pushing gun confiscation.

I'm a liberal democrat. I'm not talking about gun confiscation...I'm talking about we don't have another Hitler looming that could get away with the atrocities he committed.

Is this really the argument you're reduced to?

Literally, everyone I know that enjoys firearms would love to have an M60 or an RPG. But none of them do, because no one wants to go to prison. Shocker, because weapons bans actually work on the vast majority of people.
I doubt you actually know anyone who enjoys firearms.
I doubt you know anyone over the age of 11 not named mom or dad.

To be fair in this argument though, Hitler did enact rules that prevented jewish people from owning firearms.

So it's not really relevant because no one is trying to systematically oppress a demographic that's less than 1% of the population.

Were there any holocausts in Australia or anywhere else in the industrial world that enacted strict gun control measurers?

The 2nd Amendment needs to be banned. I'm not trying to get anyone riled up, but just imagine if none of the population had a personal firearm of any kind. I think it would lead to a more civil society.
There is a way to abolish the 2A. Please feel free to pursue the process. It is well defined.

So it's not really relevant because no one is trying to systematically oppress a demographic that's less than 1% of the population.

Were there any holocausts in Australia or anywhere else in the industrial world that enacted strict gun control measurers?

I was merely showing that Hitler didn't relax gun regulations for all.

There is a way to abolish the 2A. Please feel free to pursue the process. It is well defined.

I know, and I wish we as a nation would do that. I would like to see another constitutional convention, so that many things about the document could maybe get cleared up at once.

• Haha
I know, and I wish we as a nation would do that. I would like to see another constitutional convention, so that many things about the document could maybe get cleared up at once.
the Liberal Socialst Left wants to Completely RIP up the Constitution... Trust me, our forefathers were much smarter and freedonm loving thatn these idiots leading our nation now.. Leave the Constitution alone. it has worked for 244+ years, now they want to change it because Pelosi, Schumer, Haris and AOC want too...

Reactions: The Gadfly
Support it, rally your friends.
Be honest about it.
Don't support those who would bypass the law to get what they want.

Meaning you want to change it to only agree with the way half the people in this country feel. Sounds divisive. We tried that one time and it ended in a civil war.

Support it, rally your friends.
Be honest about it.
Don't support those who would bypass the law to get what they want.

I would personally prefer a separation between left and right...two different countries. But that isn't going to happen, so a constitutional convention would be the next best thing. Clear up vague aspects of it. Like, if we're going to continue to have a 2nd amendment, clear up the militia thing once and for all, and be more specific about which arms can be had. Clear up whether the 25th amendment only means in cases of health or not. Things like that.

Meaning you want to change it to only agree with the way half the people in this country feel. Sounds divisive. We tried that one time and it ended in a civil war.

Half? I think the past few presidential elections, and the 2020 congressional elections show that the nation is more left leaning than right leaning.

And I know all about the Civil War. It's where conservative traitors attempted to eliminate the United States because they wanted to keep owning black people.

Half? I think the past few presidential elections, and the 2020 congressional elections show that the nation is more left leaning than right leaning.

Voting public isnt the public though. And even if it was, you're talking a few percentage points from half.

He would've liked to be Hitler, but like I said, he couldn't get away with that. There were too many checks on that.

He would've? I seriously doubt that.

But yes, there are too many checks in todays america. We can fix that though, with a few years of a one party country.

Voting public isnt the public though. And even if it was, you're talking a few percentage points from half.

That's another reason why we need to separate. Then when the failed right comes crawling back, they have to agree to live by civilized rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT