ADVERTISEMENT

I would like to have a intelligent discussion about the horrible shooting that occurred today in Boulder, Co. No politics allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And don't go misconstruing what I mean. I don't want a war, just a peaceful separation. Then y'all can live with your guns and mass shootings and figure out how you're going to get by when most of the world won't associate with you.

Could you explain to us how the UK has a lower rate of rape than the US considering they don't have all the guns we have to prevent the rapes?

It’s impossible to determine exact numbers because not all rapes are reported, but per Statista there were around 100,000 reported rapes in the US, while the UK came in at around 63,000.

However, the population of the UK is around 67 million, while the population of the US is about 330 million people.

I don't think that article proved what you were hoping it would.

It's just common sense. Dems are for a big federal government. Republicans are against it.

If blue state Dems were really sending more to Washington and getting less back, THE LAST thing they would want is a bigger federal government to continue that trend. But that isn't the case.

People come and go for a lot of reasons. Maybe housing rates are too high is just one reason.

Only because of zoning laws. That way the rich libs get to keep the unclean away and their property values up. Then, when they retire and cash out, they move to a red state to get away from all the taxes and poverty.

Only because of zoning laws. That way the rich libs get to keep the unclean away and their property values up. Then, when they retire and cash out, they move to a red state to get away from all the taxes and poverty.

Haha...those blue state dims moving to red states are like locusts. This meme sums it up.

430304ecd0302e079f72c16e865e375f7d84fabdde34cb9dc00a09186e8632cc_1.jpg

Reactions: The Gadfly
That's another reason why we need to separate. Then when the failed right comes crawling back, they have to agree to live by civilized rules.

I'm not sure how the country being an almost even split is a reason to separate.

But after reading some of your other responses, I see you're just lashing out, and not really making much sense.

Reactions: The Gadfly
Half? I think the past few presidential elections, and the 2020 congressional elections show that the nation is more left leaning than right leaning.
Correct but would you agree that still leaves 48ish percent thinking the opposite. That’s a pretty large portion of the country

Seems to me the biggest argument against the AR is the amount of damage that can be done quickly. So for kicks and giggles let's assume all guns were banned. Does anybody think this prevents mass murders? The internet can teach you how to build a bomb with items that can be found easier than buying a gun. One bomb placed in a grocery store kills a lot more than 10 people so then what? Pretty sure bombs are already illegal but that hasn't stopped people from using them. Point is, banning guns is purely a political argument used to get votes but in actuality, there is no cure for stopping someone intent on doing harm to others unless people recognize the sickness and do something about it.

The above goes back to what someone said on page 1. And I'm paraphrasing but until the hate in people's heart is removed killing will continue. And he quotes Matthew 22: 32-40.

Here's the thing. These gun grabbers don't want compromise. They say they will compromise, but they will just settled for what they can get now, and then ask for more compromise next year and the next year, until they get EVERYTHING they want. The only thing they see in a compromise is how little or how much they can take from you. They never give anything.

You are correct. Strong 2nd Amendment advocates have said for decades, the left is going to inch it to death.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dizzy01
I legally carry a weapon everywhere I am allowed to carry it for personal protection and the protection of people around me. I live in the City of Atlanta, GA which is a very high crime area. The criminals here have access to stolen weapons have have no problems shooting to steal your car or your iPhone, it happens every day here.

When I am at the grocery store or the gas station I never see any police. If someone started shooting people I would do my very best to stop them. I have advanced training in the tactical use of various firearms thanks to the USMC.

You will never get weapons away from criminals because they do not follow laws. I wish we could keep weapons away from crazy people but is it very hard to know who is crazy. The family of the shooter in CO knew he was crazy and the knew he had this weapon, they stated this in interviews with law enforcement.

Just imagine if one person in that store had a Glock and was ready to use it on the guy?

I legally carry a weapon everywhere I am allowed to carry it for personal protection and the protection of people around me. I live in the City of Atlanta, GA which is a very high crime area. The criminals here have access to stolen weapons have have no problems shooting to steal your car or your iPhone, it happens every day here.

When I am at the grocery store or the gas station I never see any police. If someone started shooting people I would do my very best to stop them. I have advanced training in the tactical use of various firearms thanks to the USMC.

You will never get weapons away from criminals because they do not follow laws. I wish we could keep weapons away from crazy people but is it very hard to know who is crazy. The family of the shooter in CO knew he was crazy and the knew he had this weapon, they stated this in interviews with law enforcement.

Just imagine if one person in that store had a Glock and was ready to use it on the guy?
I’m north of Atlanta about 25 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT