ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Summlin where is he now

That Herman boy is marinating with the Bears last I heard. I'd still consider bringing him on when Beamer goes to OU.

Beamer is staying, but Herman is another Muschamp.

Couldn't get it done at a bigger school with resources, the likelihood of getting it done here is slim.

He walked into a good situation at Houston. Didn't have to build a program like he would here.

Reactions: vacock#
Beamer is staying, but Herman is another Muschamp.

Couldn't get it done at a bigger school with resources, the likelihood of getting it done here is slim.

He walked into a good situation at Houston. Didn't have to build a program like he would here.
Well, he was 34-18 in four years at Texas, had a winning conference record and was 4-0 in bowls. I could live with that level of not getting it done. Now, mind you, I'm not talking about ditching Beamer. Some people couldn't handle such a suggestion. I'm talking about a potential successor when Beamer takes the OU job later this week.

Well, he was 34-18 in four years at Texas, had a winning conference record and was 4-0 in bowls. I could live with that level of not getting it done. Now, mind you, I'm not talking about ditching Beamer. Some people couldn't handle such a suggestion. I'm talking about a potential successor when Beamer takes the OU job later this week.

lol at the bolded.

That is at Texas though. He hasn't proven to be builder of a program.

The cupboard is bare here. At both of his stops at Houston and Texas,those teams had enough talent to win games.

lol at the bolded.

That is at Texas though. He hasn't proven to be builder of a program.

The cupboard is bare here. At both of his stops at Houston and Texas,those teams had enough talent to win games.
But we're being told we're on the rise. If that's the case, whoever comes in isn't starting from absolute scratch. We've got a nice building, too, and a pretty place to park.

Reactions: 92Pony and lostcock
If Beamer left, I'd call Art Briles.
We should have called Art Briles, Kevin Sumlin already...anybody with the ability to run an SEC program and produce competition on the field. Clemson beat us with basically one player. They had that Swinney kid on the field all night. Seeing that loss against Clemson with the caliber of a player like Swinney being on the winning side vs. us is one of the great embarrassments of all time for me as a Gamecock fan

He coached a Texas HS team last year, idk what he’s doing now. I’d like to have him
He got into a bit of trouble at that HS for using ineligible players. He is reportedly coaching Guelfi Firenze in the Italian Football League next year. He was blackballed by the CFL prior to his first stint at Guelfi Firenze. No one is going to invite that maelstrom into their program.

He got into a bit of trouble at that HS for using ineligible players. He is reportedly coaching Guelfi Firenze in the Italian Football League next year. He was blackballed by the CFL prior to his first stint at Guelfi Firenze. No one is going to invite that maelstrom into their program.
Man, didn’t know that. Sounds like he may be rotten to the core, we don’t need that.

You're crushing it the last couple days. Well done, sir.

Or that Freeze boy up at Liberty. Aim high. Build character, too.👍
giphy.gif

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
Allegedly, his whole team asked to get him fired at UofA. He was horrible in Tucson.

If ya'll serious about this.....Shawn Elliott. He is moving up.
I never understood why Sumlin took the Arizona job. It just never seemed like the right fit for either. Prior to that, he had only one losing season (at Houston) in his career. I think he'd still make a decent coach in Texas or the Southeast.

I never understood why Sumlin took the Arizona job. It just never seemed like the right fit for either. Prior to that, he had only one losing season (at Houston) in his career. I think he'd still make a decent coach in Texas or the Southeast.
I think Sumlin would make a hell of a OC for someone. Especially be a guy with a chip on his shoulder, even more so if he got that opportunity to prove himself again in the SEC if given that chance by someone.

Reactions: LowcountryGC78
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT