ADVERTISEMENT

Lincoln Riley to SoCal

Hes not leaving. He has gone on record more than once saying he is happy and at this time has no desire to be a head coach. He is to into the defensive side of the game. Not to mention I think his son still has eligibility.
When he was saying he was happy, Clemson was steamrolling. he may not be as happy this season.

When he was saying he was happy, Clemson was steamrolling. he may not be as happy this season.

While I understand what your saying, I’m not one to believe they are going anywhere. They have 18 players out. That hurts. Alabama I don’t think could have 18 out, most being on one side of the ball, and still compete on an elite level. I believe Clemson will be right back next year. Just looking at it objectively.

To further my point I believe Alabama had 8 defensive players hurt, the year they missed the CFP. If my memory serves me correctly.

Not to mention have you seen him on the sideline, I believe him when he says he doesn’t want to be a head coach. He has to much enthusiasm for one side of the ball to deal with all the shit that goes with being a HC.

I'm not sure where you got your information of 40% individual tax rate for California but that information is way off, to the point of being laughable.
This information is provided by Nerd Wallet. (See link for full list of state income tax rates for California individuals, years 2020-2021)

12.3%$599,013 or more
Here's a current news item.

The proposal would raise taxes on California millionaires, and result in a top tax rate of nearly 54% for federal and state taxes for the highest earners

40% tax rate is of no concern? I'm sure the scenery is great, but there are big negatives why companies are leaving the state. San Francisco and LA are becoming crime and homeless tent areas.
Serious question....when did you last visit San Francisco or Los Angeles?

We were just in LA last month and it is nothing like certain news organizations would have you believe.
I know. Its amazing how many people will simply believe a politically driven media narrative with no idea what they are talking about. There are many reasons more people live in CA that any other state in America and Los Angeles is the nation's 2nd largest city. Doesn't have to be your cup of tea. But many millions drink that tea all day long.

We were just in LA last month and it is nothing like certain news organizations would have you believe.
I would move to LA in a heart beat and I’m a hard right hunting fool. None of my beliefs align with the far left. That doesn’t change the fact I would move tomorrow. Not to mention it’s a well kept secret that California has some of the best hunting in the country.

Here's a current news item.

The proposal would raise taxes on California millionaires, and result in a top tax rate of nearly 54% for federal and state taxes for the highest earners
So again, no reference to your source. So allow me to insert the "news Item" with a source (Forbes).

Currently, the income tax rate on individuals tops out at 13.3%, but Assembly Bill 1253 would raise the top tax rate to 14.3% for those making more than $1 million. Over $2 million, you would hit 16.3%, and over $5 million, a top rate of 16.8%.May 1, 2021
https://www.forbes.com/sites/robert...wealth-taxagain-time-to-move/?sh=118c97794f06

Reactions: caughtlookin
So again, no reference to your source. So allow me to insert the "news Item" with a source (Forbes).

Currently, the income tax rate on individuals tops out at 13.3%, but Assembly Bill 1253 would raise the top tax rate to 14.3% for those making more than $1 million. Over $2 million, you would hit 16.3%, and over $5 million, a top rate of 16.8%.May 1, 2021
https://www.forbes.com/sites/robert...wealth-taxagain-time-to-move/?sh=118c97794f06
You're forgetting the federal tax.

Here is the article from CNBC and it's conclusion. If you like California, good for you and Riley. I was giving out some info.

So the top tax rate would be 16.8%, on income of more than $5 million and the combined state and federal tax rate for California's top earners would soar to 53.8%. With the deduction on state and local taxes capped at $10,000 under the Trump tax cuts, the top-earning Californians wouldn't be able to deduct the new taxes from their federal returns.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ratheolcoach
I would move to LA in a heart beat and I’m a hard right hunting fool. None of my beliefs align with the far left. That doesn’t change the fact I would move tomorrow. Not to mention it’s a well kept secret that California has some of the best hunting in the country.
Lake Tahoe for me. Love that place. And would take regular trips to the wine country. Beautiful state.

Here is the article from CNBC and it's conclusion. If you like California, good for you and Riley. I was giving out some info.

So the top tax rate would be 16.8%, on income of more than $5 million and the combined state and federal tax rate for California's top earners would soar to 53.8%. With the deduction on state and local taxes capped at $10,000 under the Trump tax cuts, the top-earning Californians wouldn't be able to deduct the new taxes from their federal returns.
Here is an interesting article that shows there isn’t much difference in SC and California in terms of taxes compared to income.

In figuring the federal tax, you have to consider the SALT deduction to get to federal AGI. Have a feeling the cap on those SALT deductions are going away soon.

I think a 53% tax on earners making more than $5 million per year is a wonderful idea. And for the vast part of American history is was considerably higher than that.

I think a 53% tax on earners making more than $5 million per year is a wonderful idea. And for the vast part of American history is was considerably higher than that.
I'm for high taxes on millionaires, but that doesn't sound right. I mean, for the majority of our nation's history there wasn't an income tax.

I'm for high taxes on millionaires, but that doesn't sound right. I mean, for the majority of our nation's history there wasn't an income tax.
Income taxes started in the 1860s so at this point the majority of US history has included income taxes.

Income taxes started in the 1860s so at this point the majority of US history has included income taxes.
Well, are we counting 1776 as the start of the country or 1789? I was rolling with 1776, but I could be technically wrong.

And another thing. I think it's pretty selfish of Washington and Lincoln to be on TWO pieces of currency. Pick one and end it! Just put FDR on the quarter and Obama on the penny or $5 bill. Make a Trump coin for people that are in debt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT