ADVERTISEMENT

So when do we fire Satterfield

It's not unprecedented, it's just my opinion that's the way it will play out. It's also not unprecedented for us to fire a head coach after one year. That's also not going to happen to Beamer. He didn't lose to Furman this year.

Reactions: shudson289
Exactly. If he at least recognized the need to make a change, then what does it say about Beamer IF he doesn't?

It doesn't say anything. Not the same situation. How many coaches get fired in one year after taking over a program in the dumpster and having zero chance to being in their own players?

Reactions: myrtlecock
IF he's fired it won't be till after the bowl game.
That will be a huge mistake. There are HC openings now and there will be more this weekend. The new HCs will be busy building staffs and snatching up the quality OCs that are available. Also, we need hope to sell to recruits on the offensive side of the ball. Quality recruits, especially at QB, will not want to place their potential future earnings in the hands of Marcus Satterfield.

That will be a huge mistake. There are HC openings now and there will be more this weekend. The new HCs will be busy building staffs and snatching up the quality OCs that are available. Also, we need hope to sell to recruits on the offensive side of the ball. Quality recruits, especially at QB, will not want to place their potential future earnings in the hands of Marcus Satterfield.
Who do you think we can get? Known names aren't coming to the rescue. We really NEED to win our bowl game.

It doesn't say anything. Not the same situation. How many coaches get fired in one year after taking over a program in the dumpster and having zero chance to being in their own players?
Sure it does. It says he either: A. Doesn't recognize an obvious problem that needs to be fixed. Or B. He's more loyal to his buddy than to his team he's being paid handsomely to turn into a winner.

From what I hear it ain't happening. Beamer wants continuity and believes in Satterfield and his ability. Beamer thinks it was just first year coaching staff issues.

• Sad
Reactions: adg4419 and 92Pony
Who do you think we can get? Known names aren't coming to the rescue. We really NEED to win our bowl game.

Sure it does. It says he either: A. Doesn't recognize an obvious problem that needs to be fixed. Or B. He's more loyal to his buddy than to his team he's being paid handsomely to turn into a winner.

Wrong. It says he is going to give him a fair shot. You can't honestly believe he had a fair shot this year with the mess he inherited and all the injuries.

Wrong. It says he is going to give him a fair shot. You can't honestly believe he had a fair shot this year with the mess he inherited and all the injuries.
And you can't honestly believe any good offensive recruits will want to come play for this mess of an offense.

Right now out of our current 18 commits, only a third is on the offensive side. And only one of those is rated a four star. You can't convince me it's a coincidence.

From what I hear it ain't happening. Beamer wants continuity and believes in Satterfield and his ability. Beamer thinks it was just first year coaching staff issues.
If true, then he will have shortened his tenure here right out of the gate.

We don't have the luxury of continuing to be known as a horrible offensive football team.

Todd Fitch. He is currently the offensive analyst at Ohio State under Kevin Wilson (OC) and Ryan Day. Both Day and Wilson are very innovative offensively (Wilson runs a "Leach-style" spread option with more of a run game) and Fitch has had several years experience as on OC and a QB coach. He is also very familiar with SC and was a good position coach for us when here. We are and never were going to get a big name. It will either be a very young coach with little experience (same as Chad Morris when Dabo hired him) or a rehabbing older coach like Saban produces sort of like Fitch.

Todd Fitch. He is currently the offensive analyst at Ohio State under Kevin Wilson (OC) and Ryan Day. Both Day and Wilson are very innovative offensively (Wilson runs a "Leach-style" spread option with more of a run game) and Fitch has had several years experience as on OC and a QB coach. He is also very familiar with SC and was a good position coach for us when here. We are and never were going to get a big name. It will either be a very young coach with little experience (same as Chad Morris when Dabo hired him) or a rehabbing older coach like Saban produces sort of like Fitch.
Funny he's an offensive analyst when he was a dB as a player. He's also never stuck with a team as OC for more than a year or two. We could do worse I guess. We are now in fact. He would probably be an improvement. I would like to do better. But can we?

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
Funny he's an offensive analyst when he was a dB as a player. He's also never stuck with a team as OC for more than a year or two. We could do worse I guess. We are now in fact. He would probably be an improvement. I would like to do better. But can we?
He's never coached defense....unusual I agree. His longest tenure has been 4 years as OC at La. Tech, but I don't think that is very unusual for position coaches or coordinators.

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque
Let someone else Run the Offense in The Bowl Game. Get rid of Satterfield and the Oline Coach.
Let Zeb Noland Run the Offense. He knows More than Satterfield.

Please get Rid of the Inefficient Coaches.
I hear you. I was just giving my honest opinion about the timing. I also don't think Beamer has decided to let him go yet sad as that may be.

Seriously, go look at the recruiting. It's not just us who see Satterfield is a train wreck. We got no players coming in who can help. The "continuity" he provides isn't the type of continuity you want.

Reactions: CoachT13 and 92Pony
Name one offensive coach that would have made a difference last night....one team has a elite defense and on has a bad o line.....that equates to 30-0....

That’s a huge mistake recruiting wise.
The reason that Dabo was able to recruit so well in the early years there was because he ran a wide open, exciting and productive offense. Players want to have fun. Obviously, winning is fun. But in the beginning if you are not winning big, style of play is a way to attract big time recruits. What recruits are going to look at our offense and say "That's HOME. I want to play there."?

Do you guys actually think satterfield lost the game last night?
It's the body of evidence. In 3 years as an OC at Temple, they NEVER averaged even 400 yards of Total Offense in any of those years. And this year, our offense is 111th out of 130 teams (I'm sure worse after last night). You know what they say about the definition of "insanity".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT