ADVERTISEMENT

So when do we fire Satterfield

Do you guys actually think satterfield lost the game last night?
giphy.gif

Who do you think we can get? Known names aren't coming to the rescue. We really NEED to win our bowl game.
Yep. "We really NEED to win our bowl game". IF we don't, then there will be no boost to our recruiting.

We don't know who our opponent will be. But, IMHO, our biggest opponent in the bowl game will be a Marcus Satterfield offense on display for all the world and every one of our prospective recruits to see.

Allowing Satterfield to prepare the game plan for a bowl game, call the plays in the bowl game, and expect to suddenly 'WOW' recruits is incompetence, borderline insanity, and/or total stupidity on the part of Shane Beamer.

How many years and OCs has our offensive looked like crap?
I’m reminded of the scene in 40 year old virgin where his friends are advising him to run through a bunch of hood rats before he makes a move on the woman he likes. Satterfield is another hood rat and we need to “hit it and quit it”. This would be like me bringing a woman with no teeth and a fourth grade education home for thanksgiving and saying “mom aren’t you proud of me?”

I could be all wrong BUT, I believe that Beamer KNOWS what he has to do. I know it will be unpleasant for him. BUT, he does claim that South Carolina is his "dream job". Thus, I expect him to respond and act accordingly.

How many years and OCs has our offensive looked like crap?

I’m reminded of the scene in 40 year old virgin where his friends are advising him to run through a bunch of hood rats before he makes a move on the woman he likes. Satterfield is another hood rat and we need to “hit it and quit it”. This would be like me bringing a woman with no teeth and a fourth grade education home for thanksgiving and saying “mom aren’t you proud of me?”
I like the day trading analogy. You don't hold onto a loss in the hopes of it suddenly becoming a winner. It may happen every once in a while but if you make a habit of holding your losers eventually you're going to blow up your account. You have to cut them while the losses are manageable and move onto another trade.

Seriously, go look at the recruiting. It's not just us who see Satterfield is a train wreck. We got no players coming in who can help. The "continuity" he provides isn't the type of continuity you want.
You mean you don't aspire to the continuity of poor play calling and losing?

Reactions: 92Pony
Name one offensive coach that would have made a difference last night....one team has a elite defense and on has a bad o line.....that equates to 30-0....
I understand this to a point but how can mediocre ACC teams like BC, ga tech, Louisville,Syracuse perform so much better? Granted they lost but not embarrassed and easily could have won
Maybe we are inferior to each of these

When Joe Brady was asked what his thoughts were on Marcus Satterfield when Satterfield took the job at South Carolina, Joe Brady said " Who is Marcus Satterfield?"

(Things that aren't true, but you'd like to believe are true.)

• Haha
Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I like the day trading analogy. You don't hold onto a loss in the hopes of it suddenly becoming a winner. It may happen every once in a while but if you make a habit of holding your losers eventually you're going to blow up your account. You have to cut them while the losses are manageable and move onto another trade.
Yes, or to continue with my analogy, it would be like this girl getting pregnant from your best friend and you find hope by saying “maybe the next one will be mine”

Seriously, go look at the recruiting. It's not just us who see Satterfield is a train wreck. We got no players coming in who can help. The "continuity" he provides isn't the type of continuity you want.
We are NEVER going to get the recruits we need in order to win big until we have coaches on the staff who can get the players, on hand, to overachieve. Does anyone really believe that Marcus Satterfield and Greg Adkins have the coaching chops to get their players to overachieve? Steve Spurrier did. He had proved it and his name and reputation attracted great players to USC. That's why he produced 3 national Top 10 teams here, including number 4 in the nation. I like Shane Beamer. But, he does not have the Spurrier reputation nor coaching ability to attract a significant number of high caliber recruits. He needs help from a strong band of assistants. Satterfield and Adkins are not that.

I could be all wrong BUT, I believe that Beamer KNOWS what he has to do. I know it will be unpleasant for him. BUT, he does claim that South Carolina is his "dream job". Thus, I expect him to respond and act accordingly.

Yep. I don't know how many buddies Nick Saban has hired over the years. It's just not usually a good move. Satterfield's a big boy and he's beein the business for a while, so he's got to know the possibility is out there. On the other hand, he probably feels like "these aren't even my players and the OL has been terrible." There is some legitimacy to him arguing that another year is needed for him to show what his offense actually looks like. It's just a gamble. Do you pull the ripcord after on year on the job and reset at OC? What if the offense doesn't excel next year? Can that guy as well? But if you bring Satterfield back and the offense is still not any good, well, you've just wasted a year.

Reactions: 92Pony
We are NEVER going to get the recruits we need in order to win big until we have coaches on the staff who can get the players, on hand, to overachieve. Does anyone really believe that Marcus Satterfield and Greg Adkins have the coaching chops to get their players to overachieve? Steve Spurrier did. He had proved it and his name and reputation attracted great players to USC. That's why he produced 3 national Top 10 teams here, including number 4 in the nation. I like Shane Beamer. But, he does not have the Spurrier reputation nor coaching ability to attract a significant number of high caliber recruits. He needs help from a strong band of assistants. Satterfield and Adkins are not that.
Well said!

I say fire Ray and the bot first- this season was completely unacceptable, especially the last game was an embarrassment. Beamer and his coaches walked into the mess. Heads should roll. But they won’t.

No changes will be made . It is year 1 and Beamer had trouble hiring a coordinator when he came here. No experienced coordinators will come here to work under a 1st time head coach in Beamer . We sealed our fate when this coach and staff was settled on by our cheap administration . We have the lowest paid coach in the entire SEC, so we are getting what we are paying for !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT