ADVERTISEMENT

Someone please refresh my memory, why didn't we get Golson? Did we

The SEC won't allow a transfer like him to come in without some sort of waiver...

Hasn't this been beat to death?

Let me recap- the people with some semblance of a moral compass mixed into our fan hood will start with the argument:

Do we want some dirtbag CHEATER who shunned us out of HS, played the big shot, couldn't keep his job and came crawling back home looking for us to bail him out of the dead end spot ON THE BENCH he got stuck in with the team he was playing for because he couldn't out perform the KID behind him... This is the BENCH mind you of the team he was playing for WHEN HE WASNT SUSPENDED FOR CHEATING... Did I mention he is a cheater?

Oh... But then the MB area folks will talk about what a good kid he was and his uncle's best friend's grandma went to my church and she said he is misunderstood and he wasn't "really" cheating, he was letting other guys use his work to copy from... Which IS FN CHEATING BTW... And he only got in minor trouble outside of that stuff and he didn't throw more INTS than ____ (insert name and season for previous Gamecock QB) who everybody liked, so we should be happy to get this kid for one year- DESPITE the coffin sized pile of baggage that cons with him...

Then people will get all angry and call each other names and it spirals down the drain like most the threads here... Ohh, but that is what you WANT, right? Just stirring sh#% up, hoping to cause as much trouble as possible? Sounds like trolls trolling to me. Glad I could go ahead and play the thread out in one post so we don't have to go through all that progression for the 500th time!

The SEC won't allow a transfer like him to come in without some sort of waiver...

Let me recap- the people with some semblance of a moral compass mixed into our fan hood will start with the argument:

Do we want some dirtbag CHEATER who shunned us out of HS, played the big shot, couldn't keep his job and came crawling back home looking for us to bail him out of the dead end spot ON THE BENCH he got stuck in with the team he was playing for because he couldn't out perform the KID behind him... This is the BENCH mind you of the team he was playing for WHEN HE WASNT SUSPENDED FOR CHEATING... Did I mention he is a cheater?

Oh... But then the MB area folks will talk about what a good kid he was and his uncle's best friend's grandma went to my church and she said he is misunderstood and he wasn't "really" cheating, he was letting other guys use his work to copy from... Which IS FN CHEATING BTW... And he only got in minor trouble outside of that stuff and he didn't throw more INTS than ____ (insert name and season for previous Gamecock QB) who everybody liked, so we should be happy to get this kid for one year- DESPITE the coffin sized pile of baggage that cons with him...

Then people will get all angry and call each other names and it spirals down the drain like most the threads here... Ohh, but that is what you WANT, right? Just stirring sh#% up, hoping to cause as much trouble as possible? Sounds like trolls trolling to me. Glad I could go ahead and play the thread out in one post so we don't have to go through all that progression for the 500th time!

Just on the basis of what I learned in Sunday School, I find your diatribe to be wrong. He is a human. He chose not to play for us. Who cares? He made mistakes. So did you.

Reactions: TMDManor
Jeff have all 22,378 of your post been about Spuirrer and golf? We get it.

Yes, he is like the church member who thinks the pastor should be working 24/7! Just because he was up all night with a family at the hospital doesn't mean he shouldn't be working 24 hrs the next day!

Reactions: Paw210

Man, you need to see a doctor. My gosh, man chill out.

Man, you need to see a doctor. My gosh, man chill out.
I see more than one of you were too stupid to get that these were "quotes" of previous discussions on this subject... Even though it was made painfully clear in my post... I don't think I am the one in need of help here.

Maybe Connor Mitch is really good and Spurrier would rather have him as the starter. Spurrier probably also told Golson up front that we already have a good QB and it's Mitch's turn to play. I like Spurrier for that. He is loyal to his players.

Maybe Connor Mitch is really good and Spurrier would rather have him as the starter. Spurrier probably also told Golson up front that we already have a good QB and it's Mitch's turn to play. I like Spurrier for that. He is loyal to his players.
If Golson was a "sure thing" Spurrier might have went after him, but he is not. He doesn't want to stunt the development of players he think could actually be better than this guy.

Golson has looked very unimpressive. Especially as a passer. Cook had to run for 300 yards yesterday for them to pull away.

IIRC Golson wanted to play at UNC and verbally committed to them, then decommitted when the scandals started coming down. He wanted to out of state from the beginning.

I don't think people understand that even if Golson and USC were dead set on him playing here (it's not out of the realm of possibility that would have happened). It was still impossible. He did not qualify to play here under the SEC 5th year transfer rules. You cannot have been suspended to qualify for the rule.

End of story. This is like being mad at the staff for not recruiting Tim Tebow to transfer this season. It was not even a possibility.

Cocka-cola is correct. I know from someone high up in the AD that all SEC schools were told not to ask for a waiver for Golson, the league office would not approve it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT