ADVERTISEMENT

Updated recruiting rankings: Gamecocks in CFP contention!

No it wasn't. Like a sloppy card player, you repeatedly reveal your hand.
Alright man. Carry on bragging about being better than Coastal Carolina in recruiting. But that's pretty telling about how bad we are at the moment when that's what you're resorting to doing.

Well currently, USC is ahead of tater U in the Rivals ratings....but keep saying "realistic" things.
nsh.gif
That unfortunately won't last. They got 1 commitment from an IMG player and jumped 10 spots, we have to sign 6 recruits to jump 10 spots. They are also probably getting about 4 more top 30 recruits so I'm guessing they finish top 5 again.

Because there is a realistic chance we finish similar to recruiting as coastal.

I'm a gracious guy. I'm gonna give you one last chance to retract this statement.

In case you missed it, we bumped up one more spot since yesterday's discussion and Coastal dropped two more spots. (20 and 54, respectively).

I know you don't actually believe we'll be anywhere close to Coastal in the final recruiting rankings. Even if you thought you believed it 16 days ago when you said it, I know you well enough to know you don't believe it now. It's ok to take it back. Your previous statement was obviously just hyperbole, so there's no need to keep up the charade.

(Also, while it obviously won't last, we are currently one spot ahead of Clemson.)

Reactions: tngamecock#
I'm a gracious guy. I'm gonna give you one last chance to retract this statement.

In case you missed it, we bumped up one more spot since yesterday's discussion and Coastal dropped two more spots. (20 and 54, respectively).

I know you don't actually believe we'll be anywhere close to Coastal in the final recruiting rankings. Even if you thought you believed it 16 days ago when you said it, I know you well enough to know you don't believe it now. It's ok to take it back. Your previous statement was obviously just hyperbole, so there's no need to keep up the charade.

(Also, while it obviously won't last, we are currently one spot ahead of Clemson.)
Are you intentionally being obtuse?

My point was clearly that it’s more realistic that we finish similar to Coastal Carolina than it is that we finish similar to Clemson.

Do you disagree?

Are you intentionally being obtuse?

My point was clearly that it’s more realistic that we finish similar to Coastal Carolina than it is that we finish similar to Clemson.

Do you disagree?

If that was your point, why didn't you say that?

You point blank said there's a realistic chance we finish similar to Coastal.

But, based on your response, I can see you're wanting to amend your previous statement and soften it down to "we'll finish more similar to coastal than clemson."

Is that correct? This is the final statement you want to stand by?

If that was your point, why didn't you say that?

You point blank said there's a realistic chance we finish similar to Coastal.

But, based on your response, I can see you're wanting to amend your previous statement and soften it down to "we'll finish more similar to coastal than clemson."

Is that correct? This is the final statement you want to stand by?

So you want to continue to argue semantics?

That’s a sign things aren’t going well because we both know how much better Clemson is recruiting than we are right none

lol...I know I won when the other side tries to say it was semantics.
Maybe you’re actually resorting to semantics arguments?

There is a reason you keep ignoring the substance part of the argument and how our recruiting compares to our geographical rivals.

You say you hold others accountable for their posts, but you yourself will not answer their questions so that you can be held accountable.
I’ve already answered it.

It’s more realistic that our class ends up similar to Coastal Carolina than similar to Clemson.

I’m not sure how you want to hold me accountable. It’s pretty apparent that Clemson’s class is going to blows ours away. Do you disagree?

I’ve already answered it.

It’s more realistic that our class ends up similar to Coastal Carolina than similar to Clemson.

I’m not sure how you want to hold me accountable. It’s pretty apparent that Clemson’s class is going to blows ours away. Do you disagree?
Not similar, you said that USC would finish closer to Coastal in the recruiting rankings than to Clemsux. He questioned you about that as you know. He ment in the actual rankings which is what was being discussed at the time. Now you say SIMILAR. So, answer the question without playing semantics games please.

Not similar, you said that USC would finish closer to Coastal in the recruiting rankings than to Clemsux. He questioned you about that as you know. He ment in the actual rankings which is what was being discussed at the time. Now you say SIMILAR. So, answer the question without playing semantics games please.

Hey big brain, go back and read my first post in this thread. Amazing that you will find the word similar and not closer.

Time to admit you were wrong and I was correct , as usual.

While our class won't be as good as Clemson's, we all know for certainty it will not bear any similarity whatsoever to Coastal's. To suggest that it will is pure ignorance.

While our class won't be as good as Clemson's, we all know for certainty it will not bear any similarity whatsoever to Coastal's. To suggest that it will is pure ignorance.
I hope you’re right, but it’s not looking so hot right now.

Which is more similar?

A class of 12 with 10 three stars and a Class of 11 with 7 three stars.

or

A class of 12 with 2 four stars and a class of 8 with 7 four stars.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Yes, you are right, you did say that originally, but you still will not directly answer questions asked. When I talk to you and read all of what you say, why do I feel like I'm playing a game of three card monte? By the way, every one knows what you meant by "Big Brain.". I did not call you names nor insult your intelligence. It is against the rules of this forum to call people names. Why can't you have a discussion without that?

Yes, you are right, you did say that originally, but you still will not directly answer questions asked. When I talk to you and read all of what you say, why do I feel like I'm playing a game of three card monte? By the way, every one knows what you meant by "Big Brain.". I did not call you names nor insult your intelligence. It is against the rules of this forum to call people names. Why can't you have a discussion without that?
Literally, what question have I not answered?

Please explain how that was a bait and switch?

you said we would finish recruiting ranked similar to Coastal………got called on it, then switched to saying we wouldnt be close to the taters. Did you really need me to explain that to you?

As of this post: Good guys #20; Coastal #57; taters #22

But I digress

Reactions: Lakecock1
you said we would finish recruiting ranked similar to Coastal………got called on it, then switched to saying we wouldnt be close to the taters. Did you really need me to explain that to you?

As of this post: Good guys #20; Coastal #57; taters #22

But I digress

Yeah you're going to need to go back and re-read the thread because that's not what happened.

You fell for the other guy's fallacy of quoting out of context.

Yeah you're going to need to go back and re-read the thread because that's not what happened.

You fell for the other guy's fallacy of quoting out of context.

I have a degree in journalism from the University of South Carolina and I read all your posts. Reading comprehension is my thing.

I’m happy our recruiting has picked up so let’s leave it at that. If you’re a gamecock fan then you’re happy we are doing better. Long way to go until signing day so it remains to be seen how we finish.

Reactions: Lakecock1
And it doesn't change what is and will continue to happen, they will outrecruit us every single year that Dabo is there. We could go 8-4 this year (we won't) and still not attract recruits nationally like they do. It has nothing to do with last year's record.
Dabo wasn't Dabo his first few years at Clemson... Moo U Fans were calling for his head the first couple of years! We don't know what these guys are going to accomplish yet... It could turn out to be something special. I believe that's why they play ALL of the games on the schedule... Just in case something "unexpected" happens. Why not wait and see if maybe... JUST MAYBE..something good is happening for our program. We might just get the shock of our lives this year!

Reactions: WingchunCock
Dabo wasn't Dabo his first few years at Clemson... Moo U Fans were calling for his head the first couple of years! We don't know what these guys are going to accomplish yet... It could turn out to be something special. I believe that's why they play ALL of the games on the schedule... Just in case something "unexpected" happens. Why not wait and see if maybe... JUST MAYBE..something good is happening for our program. We might just get the shock of our lives this year!
We might, but just based on our schedule,our roster and how many times we have been shocked in a good way in our history, I wouldn't lay any money on it.

Dabo was Daboing in his first few years unfortunately. In his first full class after being hired, he signed 9 four star players. In his second full class he signed 4 five star players.

We're struggling to get one consensus four star player. If Beamer can't get off to a good start at adding talent to this program we are going to be in a lot of trouble.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Literally, what question have I not answ
As an example you didn't even answer my last question which was, why can't you have a discussion without calling names. Just like you to not answer and blow right by what I said in my post. I have never seen anyone who is right all the time and you certainly are not even though you think you are. I will just leave it at that, "Big Brain."

As an example you didn't even answer my last question which was, why can't you have a discussion without calling names. Just like you to not answer and blow right by what I said in my post. I have never seen anyone who is right all the time and you certainly are not even though you think you are. I will just leave it at that, "Big Brain."
I can have a discussion without calling names, but it gets incredibly frustrating with these ridiculous arguments you guys are making.

I'm sorry if I hurt you're feelings, but I have no idea what you're trying to do right now other than refuse to admit you were wrong?

Kentucky in @ 18. One spot ahead of Bama..... Stoops and crew bringing it in this class! Not through yet either! But Kudos to Beamer and staff. What a climb they've made! Extremely impressive for a first year unproven staff taking over a dumpster fire!!!

I can have a discussion without calling names, but it gets incredibly frustrating with these ridiculous arguments you guys are making.

I'm sorry if I hurt you're feelings, but I have no idea what you're trying to do right now other than refuse to admit you were wrong?
The only thing I was wrong about, I acknowledged. And you are right again, I do refuse to admit I am wrong when in my opinion I am not. No hurt feelings here, you are not capable of that with me. Just keep your discussion civil and we can agree to disagree on the rest. I am done, over and out.

Reactions: tngamecock#

No disrespect to the above posters, but at this point
giphy.gif

I doubt anyone cares about either point you're trying to make anymore.
Just sayin.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
And it doesn't change what is and will continue to happen, they will outrecruit us every single year that Dabo is there. We could go 8-4 this year (we won't) and still not attract recruits nationally like they do. It has nothing to do with last year's record.
well, they have been a consistent playoff team and before that, BCS bowl team. Even when we had a better team with better recruits and were dragging their asses down the field they were winning their sorry little conference and playing in BCS bowls because of conference tie-ins. Conference championships and BCS bowls were an easy sell to recruits and their recruiting got better and better. It didn't happen overnight but it did happen. Tommy Bowden had to be a complete bonehead not to be able to do the same thing at Clemson although FSU had a better program when he was at Clemson and the ACC overall was a little bit stronger. Dabo lucked up and he became Clemson's coach when there was no competition in the ACC whatsoever and as long as they kept winning conference championships their program was going to continue to get better and better and now they are a national program as much as it chaps me to say it.

It clearly isn't. How about you just apologize and admit you got it wrong?
Lol....why don’t you ask the poster you were arguing with if I “misread it.” How bout this.....I am responding cause I find debates like this comical. I am losing interest so your next retort needs to be strong or I’m out.

Congrats, we will beat Coastal in recruiting. Sad thing is our main rival will wax us again in recruiting and like I said the other day, this win streak they are in against us will be the greatest in our rivalry stretching over 100 years. What do you see right now that will stop them from winning 10-12 years in a row?
Schlepprock. Sounds to me that you are kind of rooting for this to happen

Lol....why don’t you ask the poster you were arguing with if I “misread it.” How bout this.....I am responding cause I find debates like this comical. I am losing interest so your next retort needs to be strong or I’m out.
Shocker you’re losing interest in an argument you got wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT