ADVERTISEMENT

What if this is as good as it gets?

Louisiana has a smaller population than South Carolina.

And only one P-5 school. And produces the highest number of NFL players per population of any state. And has a winning tradition and two NCs this century, and has won the conference numerous times and is next door to the super-large Texas recruiting base.

Reactions: PalmTree85
Imagine how well we could recruit if we landed a Chip Kelly or similar big name coach? This isn't 2005. If our next coach is another big name.....that coach will not have as hard of a time convincing great recruits that you can win big here. Spurrier has already done that. We've brought in two legends......it could be that the next guy is the one who brings that championship. The next hire is huge just because of the potential that is there. We absolutely must pony up big time and bring in a very big name.

In the modern era (post segregation), we have had three coaches who won national championships before coming here. Don't forget Deitzel. Probably no other school has hired more proven coaches than us.

We are 1 of 2 P5s in a small state, in a tough conference. Hard to expect more than an Atlanta appearance once or twice a decade. I'll take it.

Amazing BS.

South Carolina
2 - P5 schools
2 - IA schools
4.832 million

Alabama
2 - P5 Schools
5 - IA Schools
4.849 million

Amazing BS.

South Carolina
2 - P5 schools
2 - IA schools
4.832 million

Alabama
2 - P5 Schools
5 - IA Schools
4.849 million

However, Alabama recruits the entire Southeast and the nation based upon its legendary history as one of the best, if not the best, football programs in the country. When a Bama recruiter walks in a high school, the red carpet is rolled out. When a kid fills out his first list of schools he's interested in, Bama is gonna be on that list. We ain't Bama. FSU and Florida ain't Bama.
Nationally, only Southern Cal and Notre Dame can compete with Bama in recruiting. Ohio State may be able to with Urban.

Auburn didn't just start cheating with Cam. They have a looooong history of buying players. I live in one of their prime recruiting areas and am close friends with the father of two ex-Auburn players. Auburn pays for players. PERIOD.

And you're a weak fan. Your priorities are what they, they aren't good enough for what this program needs if "enjoying your weekend" is more important to you than seeing this team be successful. Go fishing or something and stop bothering the rest us who actually care. Go be some casual fan for some other team because your priorities are not straight. If you don't have what it takes to be miserable and angry when we loss and generally have a bad team, than you don't have what it takes to be a real fan of real team. Your Gamecocks will always be Brad Scott Gamecocks, 21 losses in a row Gamecocks, 63-17 Gamecocks.
That makes no sense at all. You're saying because I don't let the result of a game played by 18-22 year old men affect how I live my life, treat my family or friends, and just my overall outlook on life that I am not a true fan and I "my" team are the Brad Scott teams? I am sorry you live such a sad life that a game can influence you as much as it does. I want us to win and be successful as much as anyone. Hopefully you have more to live for than just an outcome of a game. And you actually have a good idea, maybe I will watch our game then go fishing afterwards and have a good time whether we win or lose.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT