ADVERTISEMENT

Wondering how well the Cock-n-Fire bottle has aged....

AtlasShrugged

Aug 23, 2004
Spurrier Vineyards Cock-n-Fire Cabernet Sauvignon

s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: Brutal Rooster
Marsellus Wallace: You see, this profession is filled to the brim with unrealistic mothers. Mothers who thought their ass would age like wine. If you mean it turns to vinegar, it does. If you mean it gets better with age, it don't.

We opened a bottle of this stuff about six months after I bought it it in 2006. Kind of tough to get down. Better served after a Carolina loss. Anything that goes straight to the noggin

Reactions: Dizzy01
Tasting Notes: Begins with much promise, a subtle introduction to its upcoming full fruit, oaky breath taking creaminess all about. The middle mouthful is award winning quality, a party of exuberant success in designing a top flight wine, only to have the aftertaste dissintergrate into a confusing mess. Do we recommend it....yes...particularly if you have never had wine to reach these heights before.

I have a bottle of the cock n fire as well as one each of the CWS wines. I’ll not open any of them. They’re for looks and fond memories. My wife bought the baseball championship wines for me, and I bought her the clemtech football championship wines.

Man I haven't seen or thought about that wine in a long time. I used to work for the distributor (Ben Arnold Beverage) and sold a bunch of that wine every year around the holidays. If I recall correctly, we only sold it to independent accounts (non grocery store). Im pretty sure it's E&J Gallo wine in the bottle - but I don't remember for sure.

I got a can of Billy Beer, unopened. Don’t know what happened to the other 5. Probably drank them. Can’t remember if it was a good beer. Must not of been - out of business.
I also have an empty can of Schlitz and an empty can of Carling Black Label sitting on the shop shelf, gathering dust. I think both of them are out of business.

I got a can of Billy Beer, unopened. Don’t know what happened to the other 5. Probably drank them. Can’t remember if it was a good beer. Must not of been - out of business.
I also have an empty can of Schlitz and an empty can of Carling Black Label sitting on the shop shelf, gathering dust. I think both of them are out of business.
Carling Black Label is still sold in Canada. Don't see it much in the US though.

I have a bottle of the Head Ball Coach chardonnay. I imagine that chardonnay will remain securely corked inside that bottle in aeternum 😂

I still have 2-3 bottles and they will most likely stay unopened

Wine stops aging once removed from the barrel. The bottle preserves it. The that bottle is an awesome display piece for a man cave or Gamecock room. The wine inside is probably crap. (Bourbon drinker here) Women drink wine, guys drink beer, but gentlemen drink BoUrBoN.
That is true for bourbon. That is not true for wine. Bourbon will taste the same whether you drink it the day after it is bottled or 20 years down the road. Wine mellows in the bottle and can change it's characteristics drastically.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT