ADVERTISEMENT

“Is it time to start thinking about getting rid of Will Muschamp?”

Geez, don't they screen these callers? They never should have even allowed him on the radio. Screen him. Tell him he's an idiot and then hang up the phone on him.

Reactions: cockofdawn
I agree with the general sentiment, but one thing I'd like to see is SC fans be a little more demanding like our brethren to the West. If the team looks like shit, say so and hold accountable those who are handsomely paid. It is not odd that fans of the most successful programs share this trait.

I agree with the general sentiment, but one thing I'd like to see is SC fans be a little more demanding like our brethren to the West. If the team looks like shit, say so and hold accountable those who are handsomely paid. It is not odd that fans of the most successful programs share this trait.

I've been around this University and its athletics program a long time. And, in that time, I have heard this same sentiment for years. Please explain how "hold accountable those who are handsomely paid" looks in your view. I am seriously interested understanding what the average fan can do to hold coaches accountable.

If you could, please paint us a picture of how our brethren (the average fan) to the West held Dabo accountable during the 5 game losing streak to Carolina?

I suppose you could fire Muschamp, but who are you going to get? First off, Muschamp inherited a dumpster fire as Spurriers staff really did nothing in recruiting the last three years they were here. The easy way out for a fan base is to call for the coach's head. Get another guy in her and his magical playbook will put us in the elite. But the handful of coaches that possibly could make an immediate impact like that aren't interested in coming to USC. If they were, Muschamp wouldn't be here to begin with. But rest easy anti-Mischamp types. There will be another coaching change within the next three - four years. If Muschamp stays in the 8-10 win range, he can promote how he got USC out of the tank and will take a better job. He knows that UGA isn't going anywhere. He also is keenly aware that Florida and UT aren't going to stay down forever. UK has gotten better. So the SEC East isn't going to get easier. Either he leaves for greener pastures, or if things fall off again, he will be ridden out of town on a rail with the rep that if he failed at Florida, why did anyone ever think he could win at USC.

Reactions: paladin181

I am still interested in your answer to the questions.

I've been around this University and its athletics program a long time. And, in that time, I have heard this same sentiment for years. Please explain how "hold accountable those who are handsomely paid" looks in your view. I am seriously interested understanding what the average fan can do to hold coaches accountable.

If you could, please paint us a picture of how our brethren (the average fan) to the West held Dabo accountable during the 5 game losing streak to Carolina?

I suppose you could fire Muschamp, but who are you going to get? First off, Muschamp inherited a dumpster fire as Spurriers staff really did nothing in recruiting the last three years they were here. The easy way out for a fan base is to call for the coach's head. Get another guy in her and his magical playbook will put us in the elite. But the handful of coaches that possibly could make an immediate impact like that aren't interested in coming to USC. If they were, Muschamp wouldn't be here to begin with. But rest easy anti-Mischamp types. There will be another coaching change within the next three - four years. If Muschamp stays in the 8-10 win range, he can promote how he got USC out of the tank and will take a better job. He knows that UGA isn't going anywhere. He also is keenly aware that Florida and UT aren't going to stay down forever. UK has gotten better. So the SEC East isn't going to get easier. Either he leaves for greener pastures, or if things fall off again, he will be ridden out of town on a rail with the rep that if he failed at Florida, why did anyone ever think he could win at USC.
I think firing someone is in order........I mean, in my 38 years of being a Gamecock fan, I don't recall ever losing to UGAEyeroll

Reactions: vacock#
I am still interested in your answer to the questions.
Is it because they were in the ACC and they did not pull the plug as soon as we would? Maybe they had no other choice after Bowden. They fired anyone who was just making a paycheck and make the coaches who were known to be the very best very rich men. It was boatloads if money and a willingness to cut loose the dead weight. We never did such a drastic move.

I’ve read bullshit before, and I have again.

Like the TAM game a couple of years back, I think the answer is clear. Crystal Clear as they say.

While I agree it's ridiculous right now - we lose to Vandy or UK on the road which is possible, some are likely going to start squirming. Muschamp is always going to have UF in the rear view mirror until he starts picking up wins against UGA and CU.

While I agree it's ridiculous right now - we lose to Vandy or UK on the road which is possible, some are likely going to start squirming. Muschamp is always going to have UF in the rear view mirror until he starts picking up wins against UGA and CU.

He will get a signature win here or there. maybe that will shut up OP type posters. probably not for long.

While this may be true, clemson hung onto dabo for the 4 we beatem. I'd think you have to give the guy 5 yrs, unless he is seriously regressing and not progressing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT