ADVERTISEMENT

107.5fm the game radio

100% agree. They can’t do it now.
I just heard the promo for it, and I'm wondering how long this will last. There's only so much you can say about local sports until every host is just repeating the same thing all day. Maybe this works during football season, but other than that I just don't see it.

100% agree. They can’t do it now.
Exactly what I was thinking, how in the world are they going to do 3 hours! That's one thing you have to respect about Teddy, he has done 3 hours mostly by himself forever, it's not that easy to do!

Dan had some good interviews but he killed a lot of time on other topics besides sports. I understand during off seasons he had no choice but he seemed to get worse over time.

Dan had some good interviews but he killed a lot of time on other topics besides sports. I understand during off seasons he had no choice but he seemed to get worse over time.
Yeah, that's the filling in 3 hours part, it's hard to talk non-stop sports for that long every single day and Dan has the Danettes for a ton of help and research! That's unless you're Tony Kornheiser, who I believe said, I can do 8 hours in Spanish.

Reactions: pisgah
I think a lot of people need to realize that hardly anyone listens to every show in its entirety every day. Most people are able to tune in for a few minutes at the time.

Having worked in radio before, I can almost guarantee that this new lineup is based on the shows' overall ratings.

I just heard the promo for it, and I'm wondering how long this will last. There's only so much you can say about local sports until every host is just repeating the same thing all day. Maybe this works during football season, but other than that I just don't see it.

Especially considering someone like Pearson never saw 80% of the players most of the folks that listen to that station watched play.

Teddy got by (or gets by- I don't listen to him anymore) because he could talk about watching Ryan Bethea play without looking up the name on the internet.

I wish Pearson all the luck in the world. But I have a bias against talkers that take contrarian opinions for the sake of the contrary opinion and then ride it out to its eventual falling apart without ever giving in. It's a really cheap gimmick.

I'm of the Mike Morgan school of: "talk radio gimmicks" are for folks that need gimmicks to get by.

Oh, I like people with a different opinion- but not when it feels fake- and the times I've heard Pearson- it feels absolutely fake.

Agree here. Had to be a financial decision. Maybe Dan‘s show raised the price…or cost cutting was necessary somehow locally. I would guess airing Dans show 9 hours later costs significantly less than live at 9am.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT