ADVERTISEMENT

2-8 Record and Ray Ray/Beamer keep half the staff

Let's go one by one and you tell me what it is you don't like about each coach being retained. Be specific by telling me what should have been done schematically that would have been an improvement. Don't throw out general terms that any casual football fan knows. Show us that you are more than just an ignorant semi-fan.

1. Bobo
2. Rocker
3. Kitchings
4. Peterson

Let me help you out a tiny bit by pointing out that Rocker and Peterson both had to work within a given system.

And, GO!

Let's go one by one and you tell me what it is you don't like about each coach being retained. Be specific by telling me what should have been done schematically that would have been an improvement. Don't throw out general terms that any casual football fan knows. Show us that you are more than just an ignorant semi-fan.

1. Bobo
2. Rocker
3. Kitchings
4. Peterson

Let me help you out a tiny bit by pointing out that Rocker and Peterson both had to work within a given system.

And, GO!
I personally don't hold anything against Peterson and Rocker. They worked under an incompetent DC in TRob. And I'm not certain that Muschamp was much of a DC without having worked under great defensive coaches in Saban and Turbeville and having great talent at Texas. I'm disappointed in not bringing in a high quality OC. But, I don't know what I don't know. Maybe without Muschamp's influence, Bobo will excel. I know little and claim less.

Reactions: kotr

1. Bobo
2. Rocker
3. Kitchings
4. Peterson

And, GO!
It's simple really, these are just kind of head scratching hires considering we were told he had a plan to hire "elite" guys and even took less money to do so.

1. Bobo is not bad, just not someone that provides a spark. It's just ok. Imo I don't foresee recruits being excited about playing in his type of offense aside from those with family connections.
2. Rocker is a solid coach but again it just doesn't move the needle. Also question his desire to recruit at this point in his career.
3. I'm fine with Des, thought he did. A great job this year.
4. I guess he's been fine but just has the stink of the muschamp tenure on him....Is he known for being a good recruiter? Also, our lb's have been horrible and we will most likely no longer have a buck.

I guess what I'm getting at is I'd have liked to have seen more fresh,younger, hungrier guys. This just seems kind of stale.

It's simple really, these are just kind of head scratching hires considering we were told he had a plan to hire "elite" guys and even took less money to do so.

1. Bobo is not bad, just not someone that provides a spark. It's just ok. Imo I don't foresee recruits being excited about playing in his type of offense aside from those with family connections.
2. Rocker is a solid coach but again it just doesn't move the needle. Also question his desire to recruit at this point in his career.
4. I guess he's been fine but just has the stink of the muschamp tenure on him....Is he known for being a good recruiter? Also, our lb's have been horrible and we will most likely no longer have a buck.

I guess what I'm getting at is I'd have liked to have seen more fresh,younger, hungrier guys. This just seems kind of stale.
I get your feeling, and I actually agree. What I don't like is people like the OP acting like these are all terrible coaches and hires.

Is there any other SEC fan base that would stand for such disrespect? This is pathetic.
We are paying $15M to get rid of Muschamp, but are keeping half of the coaches who were hired by Muschamp and continuing to run Muschamp/Bobo’s 99th ranked offense. Makes perfect sense in Tanner World. I’m guessing we won’t be running Oklahoma’s offense, unless there is a book somewhere entitled Oklahoma’s Offense for Dummies.

We are paying $15M to get rid of Muschamp, but are keeping half of the coaches who were hired by Muschamp and continuing to run Muschamp/Bobo’s 99th ranked offense. Makes perfect sense in Tanner World. I’m guessing we won’t be running Oklahoma’s offense, unless there is a book somewhere entitled Oklahoma’s Offense for Dummies.
He’s trying to run it like a business but doesn’t have any business sense. If he did we wouldn’t be in the hole we are in now. He’s going cheap because of HIS mistake. It’s like a company firing the CEO but continuing his practices that let go his firing.

99th ranked offense in ppg which is not a super good indicator- a much better metric would be offensive efficiency in which we were ranked 66th

Is my thinking right?
Would be easier to lure an OC from outside when you are a brand new HC with at least three years guaranteed at your job. Versus someone like Pruitt or Muschamp this last year. Bringing in an OC who may see his HC fired that same year.
Apparently it’s a non issue as we retained Bobo.

Reactions: kotr
Is my thinking right?
Would be easier to lure an OC from outside when you are a brand new HC with at least three years guaranteed at your job. Versus someone like Pruitt or Muschamp this last year. Bringing in an OC who may see his HC fired that same year.
Apparently it’s a non issue as we retained Bobo.
Thoughts like this are reasonable. I don't think there's anything wrong with being disappointed that a change wasn't made at OC, but the way people are acting like it's a foregone conclusion that things won't improve with some different pieces in place is downright childish IMO.

Reactions: Judson1

1. Bobo
2. Rocker
3. Kitchings
4. Peterson

And, GO!
Do you think some of these guys were kept because we are trying to save money? And if that's the case, don't you think it's deeply unfair to Beamer to not let him get his own guys?

Mike Bobo: no DT QB guy (yea, until he was forced to start Luke Doty).
Mike's offense is build around a non-mobile pro style QB (See UGA/CO St).
That is not an innovative offense that attracts new talent or creates excitement.
For all the yardage Kevin got, how many games did that win us?

IMO, Mike is going to have to modify his offense to be more like Sooners.

Reactions: aceman39 and kotr
Do you think some of these guys were kept because we are trying to save money? And if that's the case, don't you think it's deeply unfair to Beamer to not let him get his own guys?
Well he probably couldn’t afford other coaches ...

Well he probably couldn’t afford other coaches ...
This cheap thing is crap guys. Being retained or bringing in new they still have to pay them. Do y’all really think Riley would have cost more than Bobo? Most of the retained guys are big names in the SEC you can bet they are not staying for free

This cheap thing is crap guys. Being retained or bringing in new they still have to pay them. Do y’all really think Riley would have cost more than Bobo? Most of the retained guys are big names in the SEC you can bet they are not staying for free
We owe Bobo 1.3 million if he coaches or not. He we brought in Riley, we also have to pay him. Same with the other coaches.

We owe Bobo 1.3 million if he coaches or not. He we brought in Riley, we also have to pay him. Same with the other coaches.

I think everyone assumes next year will be a "rough" year at best. Retaining some guys saves money, and allows for some easy firings next year to show Beamer really means it when he cleans house.

I think everyone assumes next year will be a "rough" year at best. Retaining some guys saves money, and allows for some easy firings next year to show Beamer really means it when he cleans house.
This level of spin could knock the planet off its orbit. If we were throwing away another season and another recruiting year to save money, why not just keep Muschamp?

This level of spin could knock the planet off its orbit. If we were throwing away another season and another recruiting year to save money, why not just keep Muschamp?

I didnt add a /sarcasm note.

But I do really see the Bobo firing next year as hyped in Beamers favor.

1. Bobo
2. Rocker
3. Kitchings
4. Peterson

And, GO!
2-8
Awful culture
Half the team quitting (either literally or in attitude and effort).

Specific enough for you?

Cleaning house was in order.

This is actually well thought out by Ray unfortunately. I think you're exactly right.

He’s trying to run it like a business but doesn’t have any business sense. If he did we wouldn’t be in the hole we are in now. He’s going cheap because of HIS mistake. It’s like a company firing the CEO but continuing his practices that let go his firing.

You are exactly right. In fact, he is pulling EXACTLY the opposite moves. He "cheapened" out on the Beamer hire and is now trying to curb spending on the Assistants. Ray's moves are so clueless that it is frightening t see where USC athletics is headed - deeper hole. Only a fool would think that football will rise up from these moves.

The good news is, we will have a team next year and we can continue to fight over it.

I don't know about wanting hungry guys. Muschamp put on about 30+ pounds from when he started to the time he left and won 6 games his last two seasons.

You are exactly right. In fact, he is pulling EXACTLY the opposite moves. He "cheapened" out on the Beamer hire and is now trying to curb spending on the Assistants. Ray's moves are so clueless that it is frightening t see where USC athletics is headed - deeper hole. Only a fool would think that football will rise up from these moves.
You've seen the assistants contracts? You really just making stuff up

1. Bobo
2. Rocker
3. Kitchings
4. Peterson

And, GO!

Your post is the definition of what’s wrong with some in this fan base. After a 2-8 season you actually think the change agents on this board have to explain why new blood is needed. That’s the definition of insanity.

99th ranked offense in ppg which is not a super good indicator- a much better metric would be offensive efficiency in which we were ranked 66th

It's not like Bobo had a lot to with with. Did you see our receivers? Wasn't his fault that previous guys failed to recruit and develop great talent.

It's not like Bobo had a lot to with with. Did you see our receivers? Wasn't his fault that previous guys failed to recruit and develop great talent.

exactly Bobo was solid for what he had to work with and dont bring up Hill, as soon as Bobo was in charge the first thing he did was bench Hill and we never saw him again. I truly believe that was Muschamps doing as we saw the same loyalty to players from Champ when it came to Bentley over Scar. If we can find some receivers for the offense then Bobo will be even better with a mixture of Lloyd and Harris.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT