Kentucky-W
UGA- L
Florida -L
Tenn- W
Vandy- W
App St- W
Texas A and M-L
Clemson-L

7-5, and yes this is optimistic with improvements. I split Florida and Tenn because of optimism, and put a W by Kentucky because I’m being optimistic. At Best we sit at 8-4 and worse is 4-8 with wins over Vandy, App St, CS, UNC

UNC- W
Charleston Southern- W
Alabama -L
@ Mizz- Toss
Kentucky- Toss
@ UGA- L
Florida - Toss
@ Tenn- Toss
Vandy- W
App St- W
@ Texas A and M- L
Clemson- L

The way I see it, we’ll go 1-1 between UK at home and Mizzou on the road. Same with Florida at home, Tennessee on the road.

I got us at 6-6 but believe we are actually a better team than last season and this season. Just a difficult schedule. In a way I guess I think our team this season would’ve gone 6-6 with this schedule.

8-4 would be a really good season for where we are at right now. It’s possible. But it’ll be hard. If we get 9 wins somehow, we are on the brink of being s legit team, and Muschamp will have done one hell of a job.

I tell you a couple of things first kentucky loses alot off there team after this year and anyone that thinks that app state is a sure w is fooling themselves. they have majority coming back and they are very good! they are better than vandy.

UNC- W
Charleston Southern- W
Alabama -L
@ Mizz- W
Kentucky- W
@ UGA- L
Florida - L
@ Tenn- L
Vandy- W
App St- W
@ Texas A and M- L
Clemson- L

Im not going to cry about it, always someone the same or worse, Tex AM has Alabama, Georgia, Clemson as well, + LSU.

It would be nice to finally beat those guys, at Tenn will be tough just as at our place will be for Florida.

You know, I love the schedule.....if we end up 7-5 or 6-6 so be it. I enjoy watching our boys compete and I like watching good football.
I love that I get to watch MY team play in a good league even if it means the road will be tough at times (ok, let's be honest, all the time).
I like the mentality of this staff and of our head coach....I feel like at some point Muschamp is going to put a very solid product on the field on the defensive side of the ball and I really like how we loosened things up on offense this year.
The future to me looks good....the hang up is the future looks good for a lot of the other SEC schools too....so I'm just going to support our guys and be glad my heart doesnt belong to some team in a lesser conference than ours

Realistic yes, but 5-7 could unfortunately could be in the picture as well. Dates with UK and App State should be of concern.

Definitely in play. Then our fans will understand why they shouldn’t bash or be upset about Belk, Independence, Liberty, etc Bowls. Nice to be playing this time of year. Hopefully we won’t experience that.

Reactions: gamecockblack
You know, I love the schedule.....if we end up 7-5 or 6-6 so be it. I enjoy watching our boys compete and I like watching good football.
I love that I get to watch MY team play in a good league even if it means the road will be tough at times (ok, let's be honest, all the time).
I like the mentality of this staff and of our head coach....I feel like at some point Muschamp is going to put a very solid product on the field on the defensive side of the ball and I really like how we loosened things up on offense this year.
The future to me looks good....the hang up is the future looks good for a lot of the other SEC schools too....so I'm just going to support our guys and be glad my heart doesnt belong to some team in a lesser conference than ours

God I hope this is a troll.

Let’s stir the pot.

UNC- W
Charleston Southern- W
Alabama -L
Mizz- W
Kentucky-W
UGA- L
Florida -L
Tenn- W
Vandy- W
App St- W
Texas A and M-L
Clemson-L

7-5, and yes this is optimistic with improvements. I split Florida and Tenn because of optimism, and put a W by Kentucky because I’m being optimistic. At Best we sit at 8-4 and worse is 4-8 with wins over Vandy, App St, CS, UNC
Not a single Gamecock fan gets to claim Kentucky as a W with a %#*()&#$ 5 game streak against us.

Clemson is a win. I'm calling it now.

I hate to say it but it's almost a must-win. Both Jake & CWM need it. Jake, for his legacy as he will break a lot of QB records next year if he comes back, yet no one will care if he is 0-4 against the kittens. CWM needs it for job security and recruiting. He has to give us a reason to believe in this "progress" he keeps talking about.

We are going 10-3 including an outback/capital one win over an overrated big 10 team. Only losses are Alabama, UGA, and A&M. Kentucky loses a ton of skill this year. We are better than Florida already and get them at home. Tennessee is still a ways away. Missouri loses their 10th year senior QB this year. App St has talent but we have more and we are home. Finally, we will beat Clemson. This year we showed passion and a lack of fear. Next year we add more talent and home field advantage. Not to mention they won't be as good as this year's team. The streak ends next year.

People only look at negatives on our team but forget that other teams have plenty of warts too (except for Alabama and Georgia). We are going to have a strong season next year even with this tough schedule.

We are going 10-3 including an outback/capital one win over an overrated big 10 team. Only losses are Alabama, UGA, and A&M. Kentucky loses a ton of skill this year. We are better than Florida already and get them at home. Tennessee is still a ways away. Missouri loses their 10th year senior QB this year. App St has talent but we have more and we are home. Finally, we will beat Clemson. This year we showed passion and a lack of fear. Next year we add more talent and home field advantage. Not to mention they won't be as good as this year's team. The streak ends next year.

People only look at negatives on our team but forget that other teams have plenty of warts too (except for Alabama and Georgia). We are going to have a strong season next year even with this tough schedule.
We'll have to stand up a lot better physically next year than we did this year for your fantasy to come true. If we do, it becomes highly remotely possible.

Reactions: Brace1
God I hope this is a troll.
LOL, sorry @Art_Vandelay, not a troll....just a sunshine pumping Gamecock.
I know my view may not be shared by many but truly I do:
1. Like that we play a good schedule...means there are no "meh" weeks in the season. If that's crazy then OK.
2. I feel like Muschamp WILL get a good D established here and can you really tell me this wasnt the most aggressive offense he's ever allowed as a head coach?
3. Lastly, I have a realistic outlook on our program. All the guys that bitch and moan about being whatever rank we are at in SEC recruiting and how we are so far behind here and there and all the other complaining I hear - well, I guess I just dont care as much as those guys. Really, I do, but I also realize that there are 14 teams in the SEC....and there will always be a #1 and always be a #14 and just like in life it's all just a rat race to be the best. So I just try to enjoy it the best I can.

Call me crazy, but I enjoy how I look at things. I got enough real issues in my day to day to keep me stressed.

Last edited:
Yep. Next season on here will be non-stop wailing and gnashing of teeth if we don't beat Bama, UGA, FL, and clemzin all by 20. It's going to be a tough, tough slog, but the Muschamp haters on here will revel in it!
True, but he aint going anywhere to their chagrin.

Reactions: 92Pony
UNC- W
Charleston Southern- W
Alabama -L
@ Mizz- W
Kentucky- W
@ UGA- L
Florida - W
@ Tenn- W
Vandy- W
App St- W
@ Texas A and M- L
Clemson-W

There's no doubt that next year's schedule is brutal. But I won't sign on to any idea that "We'll be a better team, but the record won't show it" BS. As Parcells -- and Muschamp too, I believe -- said, "You are what your record says you are." Anything else is just excuses. And no one outside of our fanbase will believe it.

If we are truly improved, we'll beat a team or two we're not supposed to beat. I'm not saying we have to beat Bama or UGA next year. But Florida and/or Clemson at home are winnable games. And Kentucky damn sure better be.

I’m surprised by how many of our fans expect to beat Clemson.

I wouldn't say expect is the right word but I think believe probably is. This will be our best chance in a long while We will be more talented and they lose a ton of talent on d. Plus we will be at home where we play better and the fans will be loud. I think the biggest thing that gives me some confidence is how we played at Clemson this year. The team was shorthanded against a more talented team while playing on the road at night in front of a hostile crowd. Clemson should have won 70-33 but Carolina came out playing with fire and passion and continued that until the last whistle. We've been missing that fire in previous Clemson games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT