ADVERTISEMENT

2020 RB assumptions .....

Gbocock

Gold Member
Sep 22, 2002
Hickory NC
for the purposes of discussion, let's assume our rb room consists of only returning players and folks committed to play at USC. That gives us a sparse room made up of:

- Fenwick 6'1'' 230 rs-Soph
- Harris 5'10'' 225 rs-Fr
- Lloyd 6' 205 Fr

Parrish is a possibility. Since he's not committed I will not include the 5'9'' 180 speedster.
We have the following walk-ons. Obviously you really don't want to have to play walk-ons
if a game is still in the balance. But we have

- Zachariah Doe 6' 202 Soph
- Slade Carroll 5'9'' 205 Sr

Lastly we'd have to consider guys on the roster at other positions who might be able to play rb.
My guesses on that would be:

- Dak Joiner 6'1'' 205 rs-Soph (would be a very bad idea but desperate times call for
desperate measures).
- Xavier Leggette 6'1'' 205 Soph

the last option would be PWO's with the promise of a scholly whenever one became available and that the kid put in the work to earn it. My guess is there are kids in SC who are good rb's with lesser offers (might be too short or way under the radar) or no offer at all. You wouldn't use them unless it was a last resort. kind of like a fire extinguisher.

Any thoughts on how this might net out? I'd really like to go into any season with 6 serviceable rb's. clearly we are not going to have that for 2020. I guess it's possible we could offer a kid arriving in August who would be a 2021 counter. I have no idea if this is possible or likely.

Reactions: Grandpa Smitty
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News