ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2022 WBB Team

Does anyone know when season tics will go on sale? Site has no info.
I know you they said they were selling some in person tonight at the scrimmage so I assume if it's not already out it will be soon

So from what I gathered viewing some threads and posts around, is that the team played a very fast paced game yesterday and that is the plan this season. It led to some turnovers, but I'm not sure if it's mostly a result from poor execution or great defense. They played two scrimmages, one against each other and one against the practice squad. It looks as though Cooke, Boston and Littleton did pretty well and everyone else had their shining moments at times.

Also worth noting that the starting 5 against the practice squad was last year's starting 5. So at this point it looks like that will carryover to start the season. Also looks like the freshman class will be rotational players fairly early as well. So my guess is we'll likely literally run most of opponents out of the gym with our speed and depth.

I got to assume that Barker traveling up to Columbia from Tampa for a little scrimmage is a great sign, that's not exactly a quick trip.

I got to assume that Barker traveling up to Columbia from Tampa for a little scrimmage is a great sign, that's not exactly a quick trip.
She announced her 5 finalists a month ago and that she would make official visits to each of the five. That was our OV. That’s a paid for trip with her parents. Flight - not car travel.

I do not know if she has made any official visits to the other four yet. We may have been her first. Who knows. Maybe she won’t take any others between now and “ early signing day” in November when MOST decisions become official.

She announced her 5 finalists a month ago and that she would make official visits to each of the five. That was our OV. That’s a paid for trip with her parents. Flight - not car travel.

I do not know if she has made any official visits to the other four yet. We may have been her first. Who knows. Maybe she won’t take any others between now and “ early signing day” in November when MOST decisions become official.
Oh that makes sense, I hadn't realize she was doing hers now..

When you venture into a thread about WBB with the expressed purpose to say you don’t GAS about WBB it’s not an opinion, it’s a taunt and a troll. He was treated with the same respect and courtesy that he showed other posters.
It's their opinion and doesn't require name calling to disagree

It's their opinion and doesn't require name calling to disagree
Well then you should not name call names either, should you?
The person who trolled the thread has repeatedly come on WBB threads to state his contempt for WBB. He is not expressing an opinion he is trolling.
When you come to a party repeatedly just to always drop a turd in the punch bowl you are not expressing an opinion. You are trying to spoil the fun for everyone else. I will not coddle someone who repeatedly pisses on my leg and tries to tell me it’s raining
You clicked the like button on his post. What draws you to a thread about a sport you profess to care nothing about? And it’s not liked it was the first page..... you had to follow 7 pages of posts to get there. 279 posts to be exact

Last edited:
Well then you should not name call names either, should you?
The person who trolled the thread has repeatedly come on WBB threads to state his contempt for WBB. He is not expressing an opinion he is trolling.
When you come to a party repeatedly just to always drop a turd in the punch bowl you are not expressing an opinion. You are trying to spoil the fun for everyone else. I will not coddle someone who repeatedly pisses on my leg and tries to tell me it’s raining
You clicked the like button on his post. What draws you to a thread about a sport you profess to care nothing about? And it’s not liked it was the first page..... you had to follow 7 pages of posts to get there.
well who started the name calling.wasn't me

They played much better against the men who they defeated. The male student practice squad is made up of some decent players who probably started in high school.

We might learn more about attendance with the exhibition game with Benedict on November 1st.

Boston transformation looks to be paying off and definitely looks like a future coach.

I may have to eat my words and apologize....:
She has so reshaped her body she MAY be able to play the 4.

BUT does she have the quickness and foot speed to guard on the perimeter? Can she create her own shot on the perimeter?

Questions we don’t know the answers to yet but damn if she hasn’t put in the hard work to reshape her body and prep for the next level

BUT does she have the quickness and foot speed to guard on the perimeter? Can she create her own shot on the perimeter?

Questions we don’t know the answers to yet but damn if she hasn’t put in the hard work to reshape her body and prep for the next level
I'm hopefully it will help, especially on the defensive end. She's already have to defend the perimeter, even as a center. Every team we played ran a pick play with the player she guarded. You can see in the sequence how Boston's inability to guard the perimeter leads to an open 3 point shot for Mizzou when Beal has to close on the player driving to the basket.

USC5.jpg

USC6.jpg

I believe there were concerns last year about foul trouble, so the coaching staff didn't want her to be overly aggressive and pick up "silly fouls" away from the basket.

Depth won't be a problem this coming season, so I think the staff wants Boston to defend more of the court.

Reactions: winloseortie
She does well hedging the pick and roll especially when we double team. She uses her length to cut off angles but has not exhibited the sheer foot speed to guard a 4 like A’ja or Amihere on the perimeter.

Reactions: DarkCock

I'll be happy if she can just make another put-back or two.

She does well hedging the pick and roll especially when we double team. She uses her length to cut off angles but has not exhibited the sheer foot speed to guard a 4 like A’ja or Amihere on the perimeter.
That's true. Of course A'ja and Amihere are the elite of the elite as defenders. Kudos to Aliyah for wanting to improve. She could rest on her laurels as an interior defender and SEC Defensive Player of the Year, but the great ones always want to get better.

Reactions: winloseortie
I'll be happy if she can just make another put-back or two.
Wouldn’t we all. I imagine Aliyah cries about that almost every day, so I have no need to punch at her for it.
The dedication she has shown to getting better even after she has been 2X national center of the year and 2X SEC DPOY has been amazing.
When DS talks about the culture of a winning program, Boston is the face of that. When your first team All American leads by being the hardest worker in the off season, team mates follow to the gates of hell.

Reactions: cockhornleghorn
The Clemron game ought to be in one of those open slots instead of burying it early in the season, and the UCONN game in the other.
I agree, however is just not logistically possible.

ACC has an 18 game schedule. 15 teams so every team has one open date once conference play starts. And the only way they get that is that every team has a conference game in early December.

Watkins plays on Cardinal Newman's volleyball team. Last night they went to Dorman and beat the #1 ranked team in the state. She's a force.
Didn't realize she was a volleyball player, probably explains how effortlessly she jumps.

Reactions: DarkCock
Anyone know if WBB is planning any other open scrimmages this fall before the season starts? In some previous years they played in Charleston and Florence, I think.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT