ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2022 WBB Team

More like stats of the day
Fg% 49.6 #7 in the nation up 5% from last year
Rebound margin 17.6 #1 in the nation
Blocked shots per game 7.9 #4
Very impressive numbers considering the strength of our schedule. Dawn's decision to slow down the offense late last year has pay dividends. Do you remember early last season Henny, Zia, Lele and Beal were pushing the ball as much as possible? It wasn't necessarily a bad strategy: use their speed to get shots off before the opposing team could set their defense. Unfortunately, the side effects were increased turnovers and player control fouls.

This season, we still push the ball, but we don't force a quick shot if we don't have the numbers. That has led to better shots. It has also allowed our post players to get in position to rebound, which they do well.

So in all the Boston love fest, possible bad news. Henderson was injured during the game.

When asked about how serious it was DS replied, “We will know more tomorrow.”

The follow up question asked was who takes her place? The answer was Amihere.

Henny was not in a boot or carried off, they did not even say what was hurt. I know nothing more and am not fear mongering, just concerned. K State on Friday which we should be able to handle without her and then a 9 day break til UMD. So two week off for her to get better

So in all the Boston love fest, possible bad news. Henderson was injured during the game.

When asked about how serious it was DS replied, “We will know more tomorrow.”

The follow up question asked was who takes her place? The answer was Amihere.

Henny was not in a boot or carried off, they did not even say what was hurt. I know nothing more and am not fear mongering, just concerned. K State on Friday which we should be able to handle without her and then a 9 day break til UMD. So two week off for her to get better
With about 2 minutes left in the 1st half, she scored on a blocking foul by A&T and went to the floor. She didn't appear to be in pain when she got up. Was favoring her left leg a bit afterwards, but she continued to play. I thought she placed her hand on her thigh a couple of times. She came out in a compression sleeve on her left leg after the half. She jumped up and celebrated with the other players on the bench when Wesolek scored late in the game. She was all smiles. Possibly a thigh bruise or groin injury is my guess. If it was knee related, I suspect the training staff would have taken more precautions.

btw, the player right next to her who jumped up and celebrated was Lele. She's looking really healthy. But with all the depth on this team, no point in rushing anyone back, I guess.

Last edited:
With about 2 minutes left in the 1st half, she scored on a blocking foul by A&T and went to the floor. She didn't appear to be in pain when she got up. Was favoring her left leg a bit afterwards, but she continued to play. I thought she placed her hand on her thigh a couple of times. She came out in a compression sleeve on her left leg after the half. She jumped up and celebrated with the other players on the bench when Wesolek scored late in the game. She was all smiles. Possibly a thigh bruise or groin injury is my guess. If it was knee related, I suspect the training staff would have taken more precautions.

btw, the player right next to her who jumped up and celebrated was Lele. She's looking really healthy. But with all the depth on this team, no point in rushing anyone back, I guess.
Sorry, I don't get Amihere at point. She is tall and the ball has a higher path off the floor and easier to disrupt. Her outside shot is not really there and she makes a lot of turnovers. Rivers looked pretty good in mop up time. I would go with some experience like Littleton or Cooke at the point. Definitely need someone who can make an outside shot.

Sorry, I don't get Amihere at point. She is tall and the ball has a higher path off the floor and easier to disrupt. Her outside shot is not really there and she makes a lot of turnovers. Rivers looked pretty good in mop up time. I would go with some experience like Littleton or Cooke at the point. Definitely need someone who can make an outside shot.
Lele was the backup pg last year and while not a pg DS TRUSTED her. With Henny out for maybe K State it’s about who DS trusts. Hall and Rivers while talented are not experienced in the O or PGs and don’t have DS’s trust to run the point.

Amihere has been playing backup pg since Raven went down. She knows the offense, has a good handle, Monster first step and can pass over her defender. Best option at this point.

And speaking of trust, Feagin got early minutes last night!
She is averaging 30 pts and 15 reb per 40 minutes, highest on the team. Shooting 67% from the field and 100% from the line

Last edited:

On Lele, everything I have been told about Achilles recovery for athletes is 9 months at a minimum to possibly a year. Clearly Lele is close, but she is 8 months removed from surgery. Probably 6-7 months in rehab.

I think conference play we see her dressed out

Lele was the backup pg last year and while not a pg DS TRUSTED her. With Henny out for maybe K State it’s about who DS trusts. Hall and Rivers while talented are not experienced in the O or PGs and don’t have DS’s trust to run the point.

Amihere has been playing backup pg since Raven went down. She knows the offense, has a good handle, Monster first step and can pass over her defender. Best option at this point.

And speaking of trust, Feagin got early minutes last night!
She is averaging 30 pts and 15 reb per 40 minutes, highest on the team. Shooting 67% from the field and 100% from the line
Even if Destanni is 100% for the Maryland game, I expect to see Amihere on Owusu quite a bit. That will be a fun matchup. The other posters is right to point out that Amihere's turnovers are a concerned. I will say in her defense that a lot of her turnovers are walking calls or charges when she has the ball in the low post. IMO, she's not a terrible passer on the perimeter. As far as her shot, she did hit a 3 pointer last night. But, as I've said many times, a missed shot for Carolina is often as good as an entry pass. We are that dominate on the boards. Amihere shouldn't be afraid to shoot if open.

Wouldn't surprise me if coach holds Destanni out of the K State game, even if she's cleared to play. Good chance to see what her other guards can do in a game that Carolina **should** win but certainly not a given. K State beat A&T by a similar margin.

As for Feagin, I've also been impressed with her passing along with the other aspects of her game. She's another reason to play Amihere at the point. Dawn's is trying to find creative ways to get all these talent players on the court.

Even if Destanni is 100% for the Maryland game, I expect to see Amihere on Owusu quite a bit. That will be a fun matchup. The other posters is right to point out that Amihere's turnovers are a concerned. I will say in her defense that a lot of her turnovers are walking calls or charges when she has the ball in the low post. IMO, she's not a terrible passer on the perimeter. As far as her shot, she did hit a 3 pointer last night. But, as I've said many times, a missed shot for Carolina is often as good as an entry pass. We are that dominate on the boards. Amihere shouldn't be afraid to shoot if open.

Wouldn't surprise me if coach holds Destanni out of the K State game, even if she's cleared to play. Good chance to see what her other guards can do in a game that Carolina **should** win but certainly not a given. K State beat A&T by a similar margin.

As for Feagin, I've also been impressed with her passing along with the other aspects of her game. She's another reason to play Amihere at the point. Dawn's is trying to find creative ways to get all these talent players on the court.
Winning post! If you have been paying attention you knew Amihere was being groomed as a wing/perimeter player. With her length and foot speed she can easily do this.

She will spend some time guarding Owusu, Haley Jones, Jordan Horston, and Rhyne Howard this season. Not just as a gimmick D but because she is that athletic.

As much as we talk about Boston putting the work conditioning wise, so did Amihere. Top vertical leap, fastest sprint time(yes she beat Henny!) and best bench press

Last edited:
Definitely looks like a compression sleeve not a brace. Someone said she took a knee to the groin. I didn't see it on replay, though.

FFaOtMdXEAElQf8

Reactions: winloseortie
Not trying to take any shine away from Boston's performance against A&T on Monday night, but K State's big girl, Ayoka Lee, was 13 for 17 against A&T; she had 13 rebounds and 7 blocks as well. A&T is vertically challenged, it appears. lol

So Boston should have an interesting matchup Friday night. Lee had impressive numbers against Cunae. She's really good. Staying out of foul trouble will be key for Lee. K State will just try and survive the minutes she's off the floor.

Not trying to take any shine away from Boston's performance against A&T on Monday night, but K State's big girl, Ayoka Lee, was 13 for 17 against A&T; she had 13 rebounds and 7 blocks as well. A&T is vertically challenged, it appears. lol

So Boston should have an interesting matchup Friday night. Lee had impressive numbers against Cunae. She's really good. Staying out of foul trouble will be key for Lee. K State will just try and survive the minutes she's off the floor.
Yeah she's the real deal. That's the matchup I'm curious about. That and I wonder how well Cardoso can contain her too.

Watched their game against State last night.
Lee is really good. Very soft touch on her shot, strong and positions herself in the post quite well. Seems slow to me.

Doesn’t seem to have much of a supporting cast. They had a lot of trouble with the shot clock. I don’t think they can handle our speed and defensive intensity. My prediction is that Lee gets her 20 but shoots a low % and the rest of the team has a dreadful night. They were able to keep up with State for almost a half.

They are a self proclaimed defensively driven team. Take out the State game and they were only giving up 44ppg. Now the comp was WEAK. Very WEAK.

In UCONN news, Azzi Fudd is out for at least 2 weeks. She has a lingering foot injury from this summer. They are calling it a “stress reaction”.

What does this mean? Not having a medical degree.....BUT it appears they fear an impending
Stress fracture. My hunch is she is out much longer maybe even the rest of the season.

Yeah she's the real deal. That's the matchup I'm curious about. That and I wonder how well Cardoso can contain her too.
Yeah, I almost hope that Boston will get into a little foul trouble, just to see what Cardoso can do. What I've most been impress with so far with Cardoso is her ability to run the court. Lee is not swift of foot even when she hasn't be banging against a player the caliber of Aliyah Boston. Cardoso can pick up some easy buckets if she can beat a worn down Lee to the other end of the court.

Yeah, I almost hope that Boston will get into a little foul trouble, just to see what Cardoso can do. What I've most been impress with so far with Cardoso is her ability to run the court. Lee is not swift of foot even when she hasn't be banging against a player the caliber of Aliyah Boston. Cardoso can pick up some easy buckets if she can beat a worn down Lee to the other end of the court.
Will be interested to see how much banging, jockeying for or trying to deny position the refs allow.
Their backup, Lauterbach is 6’7” and solid. Not an offensive threat but defends nicely.

Dark, thx for this great post...spot on and very insightful!

Does anybody have stats, videos etc. of Ashlyn Watkins' Cardinal Newman game against Joyce Edwards' Camden team last week?

"Lauterbach" is German for "big girl," I believe. 😁
🤣🤣🤣Had to look it up after your post.....
Lauterbach (German pronunciation: [ˈlaʊ̯tɐˌbax] ( listen)) is a German name originally meaning either "loud/gushing stream" or "pure/clear stream".

Big girl in German

großes Mädchen

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DarkCock
In UCONN news, Azzi Fudd is out for at least 2 weeks. She has a lingering foot injury from this summer. They are calling it a “stress reaction”.

What does this mean? Not having a medical degree.....BUT it appears they fear an impending
Stress fracture. My hunch is she is out much longer maybe even the rest of the season.
A stress reaction is similar to a deep bone bruise, which arises from trauma or overuse. A stress reaction that goes untreated will develop into a stress fracture.

Reactions: winloseortie
Georgia beat Texas Tech in the SEC/Big XII Challenge. LSU plays Iowa State tonight. That should be a good matchup. I'm curious what the crowd will look like for that one. Are LSU fans all aboard the Mulkey Train or are they kind of 'meh'?

Georgia beat Texas Tech in the SEC/Big XII Challenge. LSU plays Iowa State tonight. That should be a good matchup. I'm curious what the crowd will look like for that one. Are LSU fans all aboard the Mulkey Train or are they kind of 'meh'?
I’m watching the Iowa State-LSU game. Ashley Joens was one of the best players we faced all last year. Her teammate Donarski is also excellent.

LSU fans are all in for Mulkey. Long article on Mulkey today on ESPN website. It is not an instant rebuild. Most of the talent are seniors on the team, 8 in total. Unless Mulkey bangs a HR in the portal..... big drop off.

Right now they are a bubble team and have scheduled an embarrassingly weak OOC. Clemson might actually be the third toughest team on their OOC. Iowa State was forced on them by SEC/Big 12 challenge. ISU is their toughest OOC game and I think the Mulkeys get beat maybe bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkCock
1,000th post on this thread! 25 pages, 44K views!!! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇

Thank you Cocky45 for starting the thread and everyone who has made this the smartest sanest thread on FGF!!! No assholes tolerated except occasionally me when liqoured up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT