ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2022 WBB Team

Amihere is really doing her thing tonight. If she can be consistent in her play this team becomes unstoppable.

Reactions: DarkCock
Amihere is really doing her thing tonight. If she can be consistent in her play this team becomes unstoppable.
It's clear she's better facing the basket than with her back to the basket. She looked like a female Giannis tonight.

Reactions: Gamekem
nice stat line

USC9.jpg

They miss Henderson speed and her 3 point shot. If they shoot FT's like that against a better team, it will be hard to win. Cooke is in a big slump. She can't buy one. The reserves at the end were turnover machines. If you can play with some bad stats and still win by 20, that's pretty good.

Overall a pretty good win, mostly from our post players(and Amihere) . I got so caught up in Amihere I didn't realize Boston had 17 rebounds and 21 points while Cardoso also had a double double with 10 points and 11 rebounds. After getting Lee into foul trouble, this game was over and we still maintained a dominant win even with poor offense from our traditional guards and no Henderson. I'm also glad Cardoso is feeling more comfortable to take more shots, just need to finish them a little better

This female announcer is not good :/
She was not that bad for a beginner. Brett Ball use to play for Dawn but had to give up basketball because of a heart condition. Dawn honored her 4-year scholarship. She had this show call "Balling with Brett" where she did interviews with the team since she no longer could play. I am sure she will get better with time.

She was not that bad for a beginner. Brett Ball use to play for Dawn but had to give up basketball because of a heart condition. Dawn honored her 4-year scholarship. She had this show call "Balling with Brett" where she did interviews with the team since she no longer could play. I am sure she will get better with time.
Oh I didn't realize that was her. I felt so bad for her to finally get here and be told you couldn't play competitive basketball ever again. The way Dawn handled that situation and help her feel like part of the team is one of the many reasons I have so much respect for her. As for her commentating, I thought she was ok, she seemed pretty knowledgeable but she did fumble her words at times. If she can get over the nerves she could be pretty decent.

Nobody has mentioned the BIG center, Lee, for KSU...if she enters the Portal, Dawn would be wise to take her....she was the top scorer for KSU...at 6'6" she has a good jump shot as well...

If we don't get a center in 2023...maybe this girl will show up in the portal...I believe she is a junior...

I am however hoping for that big 6'6" center playing at Bell Academy here in Tennessee..Del Rosario...

Nobody has mentioned the BIG center, Lee, for KSU...if she enters the Portal, Dawn would be wise to take her....she was the top scorer for KSU...at 6'6" she has a good jump shot as well...

If we don't get a center in 2023...maybe this girl will show up in the portal...I believe she is a junior...

I am however hoping for that big 6'6" center playing at Bell Academy here in Tennessee..Del Rosario...

Yeah, that's an odd takeway from this game.

I still can't believe what I saw out Amihere.

Both Maryland and Stanford lack quick point guards, so I expect to see her quite a bit at point against those two teams.

Reactions: taiwancock
We were missing our starting PG for the game. Our PG #2 is gone for the season with an injury. Our SG #1 was having a miserable game shooting the ball.

Most other teams would be in despair. We just make the adjustment to our front court offense. Boston, Cardoso, and Amihere combined for 43 pts on 17-30 shooting, with 34 rebounds, 13 blocks, and 12 assists. Amihere had 11 pts, 7 rebounds, 7 assists, and 5 blocks. Cardoso had 11 pts and 10 boards, with 4 blocks.

Boston seems to have stepped up her game recently: over the past 6 games (includes Oregon, Connecticut, and Kansas State), she's averaging 20.5 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 2.2 apg and 2.2 bpg. And has shot 53-78 (68.0%) from the field.......

We were missing our starting PG for the game. Our PG #2 is gone for the season with an injury. Our SG #1 was having a miserable game shooting the ball.

Most other teams would be in despair. We just make the adjustment to our front court offense. Boston, Cardoso, and Amihere combined for 43 pts on 17-30 shooting, with 34 rebounds, 13 blocks, and 12 assists. Amihere had 11 pts, 7 rebounds, 7 assists, and 5 blocks. Cardoso had 11 pts and 10 boards, with 4 blocks.

Boston seems to have stepped up her game recently: over the past 6 games (includes Oregon, Connecticut, and Kansas State), she's averaging 20.5 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 2.2 apg and 2.2 bpg. And has shot 53-78 (68.0%) from the field.......
She's been so consistent since that slow start of the season I hadn't realize she was scoring that much. At this rate she should be on everyone's NPOY conversation. Even including Boston shutting down another great post player and walking double double atlike Lee to at best 8 points and 5 rebounds. Lee only added another rebound 6 points until after Dawn emptied out the bench in the 4th quarter.

Reactions: shiverz
I don't know which team is considered the greatest defensive team in NCAA women's basketball history, but our defense might be better than theirs. We can't hit a free throw or take care of the ball tonight, but the defense is unreal.
K State's coach helped answer my question

Considering K State plays in the Big XII, I guess he's talking about Baylor. Brittney Griner was a senior 10 years ago.

Reactions: shiverz and Gamekem
Some Vol fans on Volnation are saying Fudd and her parents are unhappy with UConn. Anyone with AAU connections or other connections know anything?
Probably just internet BS. She’s a freshman and got quality minutes off the bench before her injury.

K State's coach helped answer my question

Considering K State plays in the Big XII, I guess he's talking about Baylor. Brittney Griner was a senior 10 years ago.
Here are some stats that bear Coach Mittie out.

Def ppg 49.7 #12
Opp shooting % 32.1 #15
Blocks 8.6 #1
Rebound Margin 17.9 #2
3pt% defense 24% while #42 it is still excellent

Throw in the fact that we have raised our shooting 6% from last year to 48.5 this year # 9 in the nation. All against a strength of scheduled ranked 8th and sure to rise with our next three games

Here are some stats that bear Coach Mittie out.

Def ppg 49.7 #12
Opp shooting % 32.1 #15
Blocks 8.6 #1
Rebound Margin 17.9 #2
3pt% defense 24% while #42 it is still excellent

Throw in the fact that we have raised our shooting 6% from last year to 48.5 this year # 9 in the nation. All against a strength of scheduled ranked 8th and sure to rise with our next three games
And take into account how much better our numbers would be if dawn kept her starters in the whole game like a lot of coaches do. We would be top 5 in most categories. I would still rather our bench get playing time just pointing it out.

It's clear after last night that Amihere is our 2nd point guard.

How does that affect the rotation? Amihere has been first player off the bench, coming in for Saxton. I don't know how much coach wants to tinker with her rotation against Maryland, Duke and Stanford, but it would make more sense to bring Amihere in for one of the guards instead.

The Amihere, Boston, Cardoso lineup was very effective last night, but in large part because it totally neutralized K State's best player. It's a bit riskier against a smaller team who has players that can dribble penetrate and kick out and hit 3's.

Coach has 9 days to between games to consider her options.

Reactions: vacock#
Yeah, that's an odd takeway from this game.
How so? I always took at both teams when watching a basketball game...That 6'6" Lee is a great player....she was not listed in the Top 100 basketball players the year she graduated high school eventhough she was dominating the competition...

I guess you can always find a lizard under a rock if you look for it...

6'4" Riley Stack may be that lizard under the rock for us in '23...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT