ADVERTISEMENT

A lot of snow here in the upstate. *

I have around 3 inches in North Charlotte, still coming down strong, and probably another 4-5 hours before it dies off.

I’m driving around in this Roberto Clemente weather. Glad I got the truck for this one day a year.

4-5 inches here around Greenville. Called for a dusting to 2 inches. It's beautiful. But I'm glad this only happens a couple of times a year. When all you can do is wait for it to melt off the roads, then I'm all done with the snow before it's all done with us.

I had a buddy from Charleston move up to Philly. During their first big snow storm, he said his quiet residential street about 15 miles out of the city was plowed 6 times a day. And those turkeys say we don't know how to drive in the snow. I'd love to see how they do with no plows or salt trucks.

I miss snow days. We got them all the time in the metro DC area. Ironically, now that we're in Montana and get plenty of snow, my days of enjoying snow days at home are over. When we met my son's elementary school principal back in the summer she said "I'm not sure how they did things where you came from, but you should probably be aware that our schools never close for snow. The district rule is that buses run unless the temperature drops below -40. Our school rule is that the kids are on the playground during recess unless the temperature is below zero, then they have recess in the gym." Clearly, a very different mentality than the mid-Atlantic.

I miss snow days. We got them all the time in the metro DC area. Ironically, now that we're in Montana and get plenty of snow, my days of enjoying snow days at home are over. When we met my son's elementary school principal back in the summer she said "I'm not sure how they did things where you came from, but you should probably be aware that our schools never close for snow. The district rule is that buses run unless the temperature drops below -40. Our school rule is that the kids are on the playground during recess unless the temperature is below zero, then they have recess in the gym." Clearly, a very different mentality than the mid-Atlantic.

i live in mebane North Carolina , we had close to ten inches of snow. This storm only a couple days ago was suppose to bring us a dusting to an inch....crazy!

Yeah, Charlotte was supposed to get a dusting to an inch with snow stopping mid-afternoon. We got 5 inches or so with the snow continuing well after dark.

Yeah, Charlotte was supposed to get a dusting to an inch with snow stopping mid-afternoon. We got 5 inches or so with the snow continuing well after dark.
Yep, and it sucks. Gonna be HELL in the roads up here tonight.

Moved to Florida, no snow in the entire 34 years and I Love it.
To each his own. I visited Ft. Lauderdale one summer and ended up not going outside until after the sun started to set the whole time I was there. It was the hottest I'd ever been in my life. Maybe it was hotter than normal but to me it was excruciating.

To each his own. I visited Ft. Lauderdale one summer and ended up not going outside until after the sun started to set the whole time I was there. It was the hottest I'd ever been in my life. Maybe it was hotter than normal but to me it was excruciating.
Not to mention roaches and water bugs the size of small cats, gnats the size of mosquitos here and mosquitos the size of dragonflies.
Plus I’m allergic to sinkholes!

Got 2 inches in Lancaster. Still on ground today. 1/19/18. My wife says when snow stays around for three days it is waiting for some more. I think Farmer's Almanac is predicting snow for first week in Feb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT