ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Judge

GamecockJL

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2015
He won the home run derby. Hit a 513 foot home run. Absolutely insane power.

Last edited:
Reactions: SCspur1
That's a lot of Pressure to hit a huge HR, and you end up messing up your stroke once the 2nd half starts...

I'm ok with Smoak missing the Home Run Derby...

But if you really want to see some great Home Run Derby... Google up the ones from the 50's & 60's...

Last edited:
Judge hit the ball a long way a lot last night.

I don't think Judge will mess his swing up trying to hit the ball that far...he is hitting the ball that far off live pitching.

I've seen some of those old 50s and 60s derbys and no, please don't look them up. They are pretty lame in my opinion.

47 Dingers ....4 over 500 feet. WOW!!!

Remember the old days and shaggin' flies on a hot afternoon?

Now it's your turn to pop 'em out but, you can't have a long neck until you knock 47 over the fence .... Oh, yeah .... and 4 of 'em have to be over the concession stand ........
yeah, right!!!

I don't think Judge will mess his swing up trying to hit the ball that far...he is hitting the ball that far off live pitching.

I agree. Judge has a rock solid swing with outstanding mechanics and doesn't need to change his swing to lift the ball.

With the new technology showing bat exit speed and launch angle I think you'll see even more homeruns in the next few year.

I really like Freddie Freeman's swing also. It's a shame he wasn't an all-star.

It helps that he is 6'7" and 282 pounds. When he makes just fair contact it has a chance to go out. Also has a nice swing and has cut down dramatically on strikeouts this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT