ADVERTISEMENT

Abilene Christian University to the NCAA tournament (Texas not)

BattleshipTexas

Oct 15, 2001
I have so many friends at Abilene Christian University. They are so happy. Texas fans are only happy if this gets Shaka Smart fired.

I have so many friends at Abilene Christian University. They are so happy. Texas fans are only happy if this gets Shaka Smart fired.

Shaka Smart seems kinda dumb huh? I feel your pain my friend! Hey maybe we can do a mercy coaching swap. Frank can coach! He just won't recruit! Shaka can recruit and can't coach!

Shaka Smart seems kinda dumb huh? I feel your pain my friend! Hey maybe we can do a mercy coaching swap. Frank can coach! He just won't recruit! Shaka can recruit and can't coach!

Good point. However, I think Texas hires the Texas Tech coach pretty soon.

I don't mind saying I'm astounded at Shaka's performance out there.

So are we. The most baffling thing is he doesn't run any of the same offense he did previously. It is like he forgot how to coach.

Interesting article today regarding the dysfunction that is Shaka Smart basketball at Texas. There was a claim that: assistant coaches having to go thru a "Chief of Staff" for direction and to talk directly to Shaka, that assistants were nearly coming to blows on whom to recruit, recruitment misfires, etc. The recruit that got Big 12 Player of the Year at Texas Tech left the Texas campus after finding out from Shaka that the assistant coach leading his recruitment was fired. Having 4 separate assistant coaches in 4 years to provide the offensive direction of his team. The lack of organizational skills at a program like Texas seems much like Charlie Strong's problems.

Last edited:
So are we. The most baffling thing is he doesn't run any of the same offense he did previously. It is like he forgot how to coach.

Interesting article today regarding the dysfunction that is Shaka Smart basketball at Texas. There was a claim that: assistant coaches having to go thru a "Chief of Staff" for direction and to talk directly to Shaka, that assistants were nearly coming to blows on whom to recruit, recruitment misfires, etc. The recruit that got Big 12 Player of the Year left the Texas campus after finding out from Shaka that the assistant coach leading his recruitment was fired.
That's dysfunction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT