ADVERTISEMENT

Absolute Class Act CFM

Do we know how that group ending happened? I thought that was so neat! Much better than even shaking hands!

(I googled after posting this...found something that says that Baylor prays after every game.)

Martin has a long standing friendship with the Baylor coach, and you could tell he didn't want to show him up too bad. We had multiple possessions in the second half where we just ate clock to slow the game down instead of trying to stretch the lead out even before the last two where we just took the shot clock violations. Sure, that had a lot to do with strategy around how to hold onto a lead, but it was even more exaggerated than you normally see... like we would just sit on the ball until there were 4-5 second left then try to drive and score real quick... we weren't even passing the ball much or really running offense any more after about the 8-9 minute mark!

Reactions: nikolas22
Do we know how that group ending happened? I thought that was so neat! Much better than even shaking hands!

(I googled after posting this...found something that says that Baylor prays after every game.)

Don't know the details, I do know Scott Drew was coach at Baylor during coach Martin's time at K State, so they're familiar with each other.

This team continues to win people over with class and hustle. Two things the coach is largely responsible for. So proud that Martin is our coach.

Baptist University...makes sense

Martin has a long standing friendship with the Baylor coach, and you could tell he didn't want to show him up too bad. We had multiple possessions in the second half where we just ate clock to slow the game down instead of trying to stretch the lead out even before the last two where we just took the shot clock violations. Sure, that had a lot to do with strategy around how to hold onto a lead, but it was even more exaggerated than you normally see... like we would just sit on the ball until there were 4-5 second left then try to drive and score real quick... we weren't even passing the ball much or really running offense any more after about the 8-9 minute mark!
Great observations Lifer. It's always a delicate balance to manage clock while not losing momentum. He and our guys really represent the school well.

Reactions: nikolas22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT