ADVERTISEMENT

According to Saturday Down South McClendon Expected to leave

Bmac helped with the offense all year which was near the bottom in stats
We need a home run hire. We need to stop buddy hiring and get the best candidate we can buy! We have to break the cycle sometime. Would any other SEC school hire Bmac as OC? If the answer is no that should be our answer also!

Well, if I had my personal choice it would be:
1:Kendrall Briles
2: Phil Longo
3:BMac

In the situation I laid out, I think it would work out nicely. Werner has a proven track record with QBs, and could help guide BMac.

Well, if I had my personal choice it would be:
1:Kendrall Briles
2: Phil Longo
3:BMac

In the situation I laid out, I think it would work out nicely. Werner has a proven track record with QBs, and could help guide BMac.

I just hope we are truly trying to bring in the best candidate and not taking the easy route as we have always done.

I just hope we are truly trying to bring in the best candidate and not taking the easy route as we have always done.

While I agree that the best candidate would be ideal, what I really think we need, is that candidate to be put in a situation to succeed. If Champ feels that BMac is the best candidate so be it. If he does, I'd like to see him hire an experienced QB coach (IE Werner) and help mold BMac.

If it is someone like Briles, then you can let the coaches coach the positions they were in the bowl game. All in all, it will be interesting. I don't have a dog in this fight. I was never a USC student, although it was a childhood dream of mine that got shattered when I moved out of state. I have just been a life long fan of the team, and hope they do what's best for the present and future of the program.

Read it and several others. The national reports condensed it. He could have transferred to another school and played QB, but is an Ohio boy and wanted to finish his career at TOSU. Typically read the Dispatch and the Daily News as I follow TOSU football a good bit. In fact, I may be the only one on the board that likes them.

I actually read Hineygate quite a bit. Most of the posters over there were ready to bench Barrett this season, but everyone knew Meyer wouldn't do it. He's too loyal to his upperclassmen. He would have never benched Miller for a freshman without Miller getting injured. He wouldn't even bench Chris Leak for Tim Tebow. Hell, for that matter, he wouldn't bench Tebow for Cam Newton. Benching a established multi-year starter is very difficult for team unity. Imagine how different 2011-2013 would have been if Garcia had hung around after getting benched. His presence could have divided the locker room.

again McClendon leaving makes no sense for his future now...one tweet saying it doesnt make it true.
I would say he's a good recruiter, but made a dumb "football" career move if he left

plus he told recruites who signed he was staying, what does that make him now if he left
A NCAA coach

I wish we had tried to get the guy from South Pointe (Kendrick) away from UPC by offering him a legitimate chance to play QB. I KNOW he could do it.

I wish we had tried to get the guy from South Pointe (Kendrick) away from UPC by offering him a legitimate chance to play QB. I KNOW he could do it.

SC already signed a high school QB last week that was told he was being offered as a QB

A local sports site is reporting BMac is expected to be the new OC.

A local sports site is reporting BMac is expected to be the new OC.

If true then that is huge risk. He has been on staff from the beginning. He wasn’t better than roper then but now he is? It would be a very USC move if we do that. This situation calls for an experienced playcaller and honestly a whole new system. This is an opportunity to upgrade. Maybe bmac is that guy. Just don’t understand stepping off the ledge with no parachute. He has never been a coordinator anywhere.

Reactions: rogue cock
If true then that is huge risk. He has been on staff from the beginning. He wasn’t better than roper then but now he is? It would be a very USC move if we do that. This situation calls for an experienced playcaller and honestly a whole new system. This is an opportunity to upgrade. Maybe bmac is that guy. Just don’t understand stepping off the ledge with no parachute. He has never been a coordinator anywhere.
Muschamp needs to send him to Norman, Oklahoma to acquire some schooling. Coaches do that.

Muschamp needs to send him to Norman, Oklahoma to acquire some schooling. Coaches do that.

Well, maybe they should exchange. Okie needs to send some coaches here to learn how to tackle in space.

Well, maybe they should exchange. Okie needs to send some coaches here to learn how to tackle in space.
Hey, almost every school I watched this year who isn't Alabama needs that. Defenders lose leverage, then go after the ball, and forget the man carrying it. Tacking ain't what it used to be.

Reactions: DarkCock
Drinkwitz, Fisch, Lashlee, Longo? Those would be splash hires I would think. Wright would be a good hire if not a splash hire.
They would be especially Longo, I’ve been wanting him for weeks...but since we haven’t hired anybody yet I don’t know if we will.

BMac may work out fine, but I trust that Muschamp won’t make a knee jerk reaction because we hit a few plays in the 2nd half to win the bowl game. Figure he leaves if he doesn’t get OC job even if it is a lateral move somewhere else. Rumor has it that UT has offer quite a bit more money for the same type position. Now, is his value as a recruiter worth taking a chance on dumping the offense in his lap? That is something only Muschamp can answer

BMac may work out fine, but I trust that Muschamp won’t make a knee jerk reaction because we hit a few plays in the 2nd half to win the bowl game. Figure he leaves if he doesn’t get OC job even if it is a lateral move somewhere else. Rumor has it that UT has offer quite a bit more money for the same type position. Now, is his value as a recruiter worth taking a chance on dumping the offense in his lap? That is something only Muschamp can answer
This in a way reminds me of the Clemson situation when they hired Dabo. Dabo had a particular kind of offense he wanted to run...and he and Napier attempted to install that offense. Neither being well-versed in it (having never coached it or tutoring under someone who did) failed at trying to run it. He then went out and fired someone who had run it pretty much his whole, but short, career.....Morris. Seems we are getting into a similar situation...hiring a guy who has coached exclusively under Mike Bobo and Roper, neither of whom utilizes an up-tempo offense.

I believe this is actually the against the grain, out of comfort zone pick for Muschamp and not the easy choice. It has a chance to be a sensational hire especially coupled with TRob on D...two of the hottest young coordinators in the game. And honestly, unless BMac absolutely blows it, it’s hard to get much worse. It also seems easily conceivable to jump back into the top half of teams with simply sufficient play calling, while stockpiling talent along the way.

I am a cloud. Please yell at me!

Reactions: DarkCock

It worked pretty well for the taterheads.

Other coaches will use it against us..."you know you'll never play there no matter how bad he is, he'll put his son first"
this holds no water.....jb will be a jr next yr...dak is coming in this yr....we recruit a qb next yr and jb will be going into his sr yr...not gonna have any effect whatsoever

Mushamp has called a 10:30 press conference for Friday.

This in a way reminds me of the Clemson situation when they hired Dabo. Dabo had a particular kind of offense he wanted to run...and he and Napier attempted to install that offense. Neither being well-versed in it (having never coached it or tutoring under someone who did) failed at trying to run it. He then went out and fired someone who had run it pretty much his whole, but short, career.....Morris. Seems we are getting into a similar situation...hiring a guy who has coached exclusively under Mike Bobo and Roper, neither of whom utilizes an up-tempo offense.
UGA ran more of a pro style when McClendon was there. We don’t have the Oline talent or RB to pull that off. We also don’t need an offense next year which relies on QB run.

I believe this is actually the against the grain, out of comfort zone pick for Muschamp and not the easy choice. It has a chance to be a sensational hire especially coupled with TRob on D...two of the hottest young coordinators in the game. And honestly, unless BMac absolutely blows it, it’s hard to get much worse. It also seems easily conceivable to jump back into the top half of teams with simply sufficient play calling, while stockpiling talent along the way.

I am a cloud. Please yell at me!

You sold me. Plus, the players really want BMac to get the job. And, believe it or not, what they want matters more than what middle-aged men on a message board want.

Reactions: Sulayman
UGA ran more of a pro style when McClendon was there. We don’t have the Oline talent or RB to pull that off. We also don’t need an offense next year which relies on QB run.
yes. We were also a mess when we tried to go no huddle against Michigan. Think we need a spread the field, mobile qb, and fast pace to maximize what we do.

yes. We were also a mess when we tried to go no huddle against Michigan. Think we need a spread the field, mobile qb, and fast pace to maximize what we do.
“We need to throw better, catch better, block better and run better” -Steve Spurrier before every halftime

You sold me. Plus, the players really want BMac to get the job. And, believe it or not, what they want matters more than what middle-aged men on a message board want.

Surely Muschamp isnt naming a position coach SC's new OC...hasnt he learned his lesson

looks like he is staying after all.

Just because its on the internet doesn't make it true. My favorite line from the presser today.

Apparently Saturday Down South needs to relocate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT