ADVERTISEMENT

Akron

I guess I’m lucky. That alternate channel always
Worked good on the few times I watched it.
At least it works for some. Whether I lived in South Carolina or Colorado, it has literally worked twice for me. Yet I have approximately 10 channels open for SEC viewing. :confused:

How is that not crazy? I guess they don't care if the stands are embarrassingly empty. But on the other hand, it might have to do with what we had to guarantee Akron to get them to come down here.

Crazy is right. Akron is guaranteed the money regardless of attendance figures. In addition I can't see this game commanding much in on air ad time, considering the competition is Conference Championships.

Crazy is right. Akron is guaranteed the money regardless of attendance figures. In addition I can't see this game commanding much in on air ad time, considering the competition is Conference Championships.
SEC Alt. guarantees minimal air exposure, hence fewer advertising dollars demanded.

SEC Alt. guarantees minimal air exposure, hence fewer advertising dollars demanded.
I would agree if this was a regular season game, but under these circumstances this may not apply. I am not privy to the contract or would even pretend to know that I would be able to comprehend all the legalese involved, but as we all know in the business world, everything and anything can be negotiated.
Back to the original topic, charging the fans more for this game than the Marshal game just doesn't seem right.

I would agree if this was a regular season game, but under these circumstances this may not apply. I am not privy to the contract or would even pretend to know that I would be able to comprehend all the legalese involved, but as we all know in the business world, everything and anything can be negotiated.
Back to the original topic, charging the fans more for this game than the Marshal game just doesn't seem right.
I see where the upper deck is $45. That's still high for this contest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT