ADVERTISEMENT

When Do We Get Rid of Franks' BOY ????

You can't be serious? This is a big part of the reason the American media spiraling out of control --- credibility issues. It's fairy tale material --- not real journalism.
You asked a question about anonymity. I tried to answer your question. That's what humans do. Then you responded to me like you're on bath salts.

• Haha
Reactions: Lurker123
Really? It’s not hard to be better from where they were. Experience is lacking in the most important areas. Expecting a first time starter to perform better than last year? OL is all of sudden not a concern now? Schedule is going to test that experience out to the fullest as too much talent went out and not enough came in.

They won't ask Sellers to do the same things as last year so he won't have to be Rattler. He runs a lot more with his running skills and they'll build in more designed runs, and the run game will be more stable and potentially more explosive.

I think the passing game will be more ball control than anything else.

I'm not predicting anything but I'm not basing anything off of last year. Been around too long to take one year and try to use it for justification for things the next year.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
You asked a question about anonymity. I tried to answer your question. That's what humans do. Then you responded to me like you're on bath salts.

Sorry you're triggered by "You can't be serious."

So you're cool with people talking about others in the media without providing their identity? Imagine if that happened to you?

In this case, it's likely some 20-year old reporter trying to show their worth through fantasy quotes but nonetheless....

Lindys or Athlon quotes opposing coaches on each team. I saw this on the internet. We will see which of the 2 magazines carries this. One opposing coach believes South Carolina is "dead in the water" with Beamer. That coach said, " I think Shane Beamer is on the hot seat. I don't think Beamer is very happy now. Beamer was not ready. You can tell by the way he handles his press conferences. That program is dead in the water."

Another coach said that Beamer made a smart move bringing in Shawn Elliott back. "Many thought Elliott would have been a better Head Coach move than Muschamp or Beamer. Shawn will get the locker room right where Shane lost the locker room last year.. Getting back to winning ways is a must", according to that outside coach.

These are damning assesments by outside coaches. This year's schedule gives Beamer a chance to show he is not over his head by posting a few upsets. By the way, " winning ways" means at least a 7-5 record.

What opposing coach watches Beamer's press conferences or pays any attention to them?

That's such an odd comment. Not sure I've ever heard a coach comment on the press conferences (Plural) of opposing coaches unless the coach calls out an opposing coach by name and insults them- which Shane doesn't do.

In addition, what's so odd about his press conferences? I've seen so coaches have some very odd press conferences on a regular basis, Shane's seem quite tame. They barely make any news outside of South Carolina.

I don't recall anyone thinking Shawn would have been a better head coach hire than Muschamp. That's not to say most thought Will's hiring was any good either.

I think we have to take these with a grain of salt. They could ask an assistant coach at another program that has a personal beef with us or someone on our staff that no one knows about.

Sorry you're triggered by "You can't be serious."

So you're cool with people talking about others in the media without providing their identity? Imagine if that happened to you?

In this case, it's likely some 20-year old reporter trying to show their worth through fantasy quotes but nonetheless....
So, you act triggered and call me triggered. Awesome 🙂

Reactions: Ward Jr
What opposing coach watches Beamer's press conferences or pays any attention to them?

That's such an odd comment. Not sure I've ever heard a coach comment on the press conferences (Plural) of opposing coaches unless the coach calls out an opposing coach by name and insults them- which Shane doesn't do.

In addition, what's so odd about his press conferences? I've seen so coaches have some very odd press conferences on a regular basis, Shane's seem quite tame. They barely make any news outside of South Carolina.

I don't recall anyone thinking Shawn would have been a better head coach hire than Muschamp. That's not to say most thought Will's hiring was any good either.

I think we have to take these with a grain of salt. They could ask an assistant coach at another program that has a personal beef with us or someone on our staff that no one knows about.
The good news is that this season's schedule gives Beamer the chance to prove his critics wrong. And there are critics among the fans, if you read the various board sites. That is undeniable by even the most fanatical Beamer supporters. Some Beamer supporters among the fans are talking doom and gloom this season. That's either because they believe the player talent gaps between our guys and those of the teams we will play this season is insurmountable or they think Beamer's coaching ability does not measure up against the coaches he will face this season or both. Lets be honest and admit that there are about 8 (half the conference) traditional power house programs in the SEC, and we are not one of them. We rarely, in the past have been among the top half of the conference in recruiting and, realistically, rarely will ever be. In order to make noise in this conference, we will have to "outcoach" our opponents. Rarely will we have an easy schedule in this conference. Thus this year's tough schedule will not be a rarity. Our conference schedule will usually be tough, because as I said, about half the SEC is made up of traditional power houses, of which we are not one of them. So, this year gives Shane the opportunity to show his critics he can coach against the "big boys" and win. I'm on record predicting we will finish no worse than 7-5 this coming season. That means we will upset some folks on our schedule. As I said above, the proof will be in the pudding. This season will give us a preview into what's in store for Carolina football in the future under Beamer. We will find out if Shane has the coaching chops to succeed here.

Last edited:
Sure. It's all about one game Watson. I don't recall Missouri beating a couple of Top Ten teams that year.

You have an account with over 12,000 listless, angry, trolling posts but I'm the idiot. :)

Now we've moved onto the 3 year fan trying to talk trash to the 23 year fan. Similar child logic.

The good news is that this season's schedule gives Beamer the chance to prove his critics wrong. And there are critics among the fans, if you read the various board sites. That is undeniable by even the most fanatical Beamer supporters. Some Beamer supporters among the fans are talking doom and gloom this season. That's either because they believe the player talent gaps between our guys and those of the teams we will play this season is insurmountable or they think Beamer's coaching ability does not measure up against the coaches he will face this season or both. Lets be honest and admit that there are about 8 (half the conference) traditional power house programs in the SEC, and we are not one of them. We rarely, in the past have been among the top half of the conference in recruiting and, realistically, rarely will ever be. In order to make noise in this conference, we will have to "outcoach" our opponents. Rarely will we have an easy schedule in this conference. Thus this year's tough schedule will not be a rarity. Our conference schedule will usually be tough, because as I said, about half the SEC is made up of traditional power houses, of which we are not one of them. So, this year gives Shane the opportunity to show his critics he can coach against the "big boys" and win. I'm on record predicting we will finish no worse than 7-5 this coming season. That means we will upset some folks on our schedule. As I said above, the proof will be in the pudding. This season will give us a preview into what's in store for Carolina football in the future under Beamer. We will find out if Shane has the coaching chops to succeed here.

So Stock - You post a trash article and eagerly tried to support it's legitimacy.

Now you're downplaying the schedule and upping your expectations?

This season, we play 4 teams in the Top 12 and 7 teams in the Top 20.

I don't ever recall a season like this, but correct if I'm wrong?

You're predicting 7-5, yet also have recently stated:

"I'm concluding that you feel Beamer is over his head. If so, you won't get any argument from me."

"It could be that no OC worth a flip had confidence in Beamer to work for him."

And another:

"Those fans who pushed for Beamer to be hired, because he was a recruiting guru, got sold a bill of goods."

"I for one don't believe that Beamer has done a bad job recruiting. "

Did you attend The Lurker School of DoubleTalk? :)

St
So Stock - You post a trash article and eagerly tried to support it's legitimacy.

"I'm concluding that you feel Beamer is over his head. If so, you won't get any argument from me."

And another:

"Those fans who pushed for Beamer to be hired, because he was a recruiting guru, got sold a bill of goods."

Stock wants Beamer to succeed, hence the 7-5 prediction. There's not a chance of that happening. I want a real HC like yesterday. There's not a chance of that happening either.

St

Stock wants Beamer to succeed, hence the 7-5 prediction. There's not a chance of that happening. I want a real HC like yesterday. There's not a chance of that happening either.

He has an interesting way of showing it. There's plenty more where that came from. I just posted a few from the last week since he's been so boisterous about what Beamer "must do." As if the AD and team owe us anything.

St

There seems to be a disconnect with people's ability to discern between what we WANT to happen vs what we think will happen.

And it's intentional, to prolong the back and forth.

There seems to be a disconnect with people's ability to discern between what we WANT to happen vs what we think will happen.

I don't believe there's much confusion in the posts I referenced. That's doubletalk or cognitive dissonance. Literally the opposite viewpoint in a matter of days.

We've hit the point where we're so bad at football he can't even attempt to argue the team will be good. He did that last year and it blew up in his face. So now he's left with semantics.

The one dude @GoCocksFight2021 just picked up and left after embarrassing himself last year.

We've hit the point where we're so bad at football he can't even attempt to argue the team will be good. He did that last year and it blew up in his face. So now he's left with semantics.

The one dude @GoCocksFight2021 just picked up and left after embarrassing himself last year.

Isn't it interesting that the one coach you point to as a reason to keep churning and burning HCs and buyouts is Steve Spurrier.

And Steve Spurrier is telling you if he coached today the first thing he would do is secure big wallets.

And he's also stated that NIL spending should be capped at a mere $30mil.

Doesn't that tell you anything Watson?

With that said, Beamer remains two games from the most wins after 3 years even with his best players being bought by other teams at each season's end.

It's really difficult to follow your logic.

Last edited:
Isn't it interesting that the one coach you point to as a reason to keep churning and burning HCs and buyouts is Steve Spurrier.

And Steve Spurrier is telling you if he coached today the first thing he would do is secure big wallets.

And he's also stated that NIL spending should be capped at a mere $30mil.

Doesn't that tell you anything Watson?

With that said, Beamer remains two games from the most wins after 3 years even with his best players being bought by other teams at each season's end.

It's really difficult to follow your logic.

Just a stupid comparison. Spurrier would have won a lot more games if he had been able to purchase a Spencer Rattler.

But the important thing is that the argument, any argument, is dragged on, not the actual topic. At least for some people.

And Mrs Satterfield? She embarrassed herself continually since she changed her username after defending Muschamp till the end. Remember when she was talking division title last year?

But she found a new board to be the stain on. She still comes around occasionally to embarrass herself some more though.

Reactions: uscwatson21

And another:

Ward, I have also stated that I was vehemently against his hiring. BUT I also have stated that Beamer overachieved in his first 2 seasons here, which for some reason you left out (I wonder why you left that out?) What does that mean? That means I MIGHT have been wrong in being against his hiring. 2 out of 3 seasons, I feel he has overachieved. Thus, I'm betting he will overachieve this season. Now I admit that I may be letting my bias for wanting us to win show. But if he has done it 2 out of 3 times, I'm definitely not going to bet he won't again.

Downplaying the schedule? How does calling the schedule "tough" downplaying. That makes no sense. Or are you doing "double speak"?

As far as the article is concerned, I was just the messenger. If you feel its trash, take it up with the publisher. I have consistently said this season will be the "tell".

Based on what recruiting skills he was purported to have, I stand by the "bill of goods" statement. Not done a "bad job" in recruiting....2 statements can be true at the same time.

He could very well be over his head. And that's why this coming season is important to prove he is not, with the schedule ahead of us.

I have to get back to my investments, working on a portfolio adjustment. I will check back here later.

Just a stupid comparison. Spurrier would have won a lot more games if he had been able to purchase a Spencer Rattler.

Right. You have to have good receivers to throw to.

He would have walked out because of the open portal and NIL. He couldn't have dealt with losing his best players.

OK, I'm back.

I was in hurry and left out that Beamer's hiring of Loggains who had the reputation in the NFL as the worst OC there, makes you wonder why he settled on him. Maybe he had no choice? Certainly last years performance could not have made anyone feel confident in him. Hell, didn't our offense do worse statistically than Satterfield's . How bad is that?

There is not one of us here who is pulling against Beamer. Not one. That does not mean we are going to go against what we truly believe. I have called Beamer a "Nepo Baby". In Hollywood, they call children actors of famous actors "Nepo Babies", meaning they got the role, not because of talent. But because of who their parent(s) is/are. I have called Beamer a "Nepo Baby", who got this job because of who his father is. I would LOVE to be WRONG about Beamer. And this season gives him a golden opportunity to prove himself. And he is going to have to. If you think for a minute that we are going to have a miracle and thus annually out recruit the Georgias, Tennessees, Floridas, Bamas of the world, you are fooling yourself....NIL or no NIL. And now, we have Texas and Oklahoma to contend with in recruiting. Get that out of your mind. You will save yourself a lot of grief if you do. This year's schedule will be typical of future schedules. Could get tougher and easier. But it will be close to the norm in this league.

As I have said many a time: I don't expect us to win the national championship nor even the SEC, ever. What I believe this program is capable of is to be an annual Top 20 program and maybe with luck make it into the Top 10 on occasions. But it's going to take someone who can do a real good job of coaching, like Frank Beamer. This season gives us a chance to see what Shane Beamer has. This is the perfect schedule for Beamer to do that.

Have to run again. But as Arnold Schwarneggar. would say, "I'll be back" or is it "bok"?

Last edited:
He has an interesting way of showing it. There's plenty more where that came from. I just posted a few from the last week since he's been so boisterous about what Beamer "must do." As if the AD and team owe us anything.
By the way, I never said Beamer owes anything to me. But, he definitely owes it to himself if he wants to stay as Head Coach. USC is not a charity. And you can post everything I have said. I stand by it all. But don't question my loyalty to USC because you don't know what you are talking about to do that. I am surprised, and frankly disappointed, that you would do that. I have both a Bachelors and Masters degree from that university. Just because you don't like what I post does not mean I'm anti-USC. I'm not a robot. There's no way people can agree on everything. What we do have in common though is we all want USC to win.

Last edited:
OK, I'm back.

I was in hurry and left out that Beamer's hiring of Loggains who had the reputation in the NFL as the worst OC there, makes you wonder why he settled on him. Maybe he had no choice? Certainly last years performance could not have made anyone feel confident in him. Hell, didn't our offense do worse statistically than Satterfield's . How bad is that?

There is not one of us here who is pulling against Beamer. Not one. That does not mean we are going to go against what we truly believe. I have called Beamer a "Nepo Baby". In Hollywood, they call children actors of famous actors "Nepo Babies", meaning they got the role, not because of talent. But because of who their parent(s) is/are. I have called Beamer a "Nepo Baby", who got this job because of who his father is. I would LOVE to be WRONG about Beamer. And this season gives him a golden opportunity to prove himself. And he is going to have to. If you think for a minute that we are going to have a miracle and thus annually out recruit the Georgias, Tennessees, Floridas, Bamas of the world, you are fooling yourself....NIL or no NIL. And now, we have Texas and Oklahoma to contend with in recruiting. Get that out of your mind. You will save yourself a lot of grief if you do. This year's schedule will be typical of future schedules. Could get tougher and easier. But it will be close to the norm in this league.

As I have said many a time: I don't expect us to win the national championship nor even the SEC, ever. What I believe this program is capable of is to be an annual Top 20 program and maybe with luck make it into the Top 10 on occasions. But it's going to take someone who can do a real good job of coaching, like Frank Beamer. This season gives us a chance to see what Shane Beamer has. This is the perfect schedule for Beamer to do that.

Have to run again. But as Arnold Schwarneggar. would say, "I'll be back" or is it "bok"?
I hear you, I just find it hard to judge an oc’s first year when he had a freshman laden oline no running game and one good receiver! It’s just hard tell how good a carpenter is when he has no tools to work with!

I hear you, I just find it hard to judge an oc’s first year when he had a freshman laden oline no running game and one good receiver! It’s just hard tell how good a carpenter is when he has no tools to work with!

he had an NFL QB.

You should definitely judge an OC who can’t scheme around his deficiencies with the most talented QB on the field in almost every game.

That's true. I did post the other day saying that as well in reference to the OL injuries and the offense. I don't know if those injuries were due to something Teasley was doing or maybe our S&C was doing. I think him being called the worst OC in the NFL colors my thinking a little bit.

he had an NFL QB.

You should definitely judge an OC who can’t scheme around his deficiencies with the most talented QB on the field in almost every game.
You’re kidding yourself if you think any nfl talented qb with no oline, no running game and one decent receiver is going to win in the sec, I don’t care who your oc is, but think what you will!

Reactions: Robhawk29
OK, I'm back.

Can you explain how you believe we're going to get to 7-5 this season? You've been open about not having much faith in this coaching staff. We've got a new QB, lost our best player to Ole Miss, and our best RB to Memphis. What about the offense makes you believe we can come out with a winning record? As someone mentioned earlier, I don't think Nick Saban would have much of a shot to get to 7-5 with our talent.

Reactions: Bassslayer
First of all, as I've said, I feel that Beamer overachieved in his first 2 years. Not last year. But 2 out of 3 tells me he can do it. Maybe last year was an aberration. He has had 4 years now to bring in his own players. I do think he upgraded the coaching staff with the people he brought in. I believe Elliott, from his position on the staff will help Teasley with the OL. I like Sellers. We beat Kentucky the last 2 years in a row. We beat TAM at our place 2 years ago, who come in with a new coach, to our place. That should be 6 right there. I'm not totally sold on Missouri. Respect Drinkwitz. But I want to see if he can do it again. Last year was the first time in his 4 seasons that they had a really good team. I'm told he was on the hot seat prior to last season. Thus I believe Missouri at home is a possibility. Yes Clemson beat us last year. But it was fairly close. And we beat them 2 years ago up there. With the Transfer Portal, you can basically bring in a new team from season to season. We have had 2 Top 10 Transfer Portal rankings in the past 3 years, including this past season (including a good RB and some good WRs)) Did you believe we were going to beat Tennessee at our place 2 years ago and Clemson at their place? There's new blood on the staff and in the player ranks and it's Beamer's 4th season. I don't think he is a dummy. He knows how important this season is. There is a reason why some changes on the staff were made voluntarily and involuntarily. So, I don't buy the doom and gloom. One other thing: I like Clayton White. Of course, he is defense. But I like him.

Last edited:
First of all, as I've said, I feel that Beamer overachieved in his first 2 years. Not last year. But 2 out of 3 tells me he can do it. Maybe last year was an aberration. He has had 4 years now to bring in his own players. I do think he upgraded the coaching staff with the people he brought in. I believe Elliott, from his position on the staff will help Teasley with the OL. I like Sellers. We beat Kentucky the last 2 years in a row. We beat TAM at our place 2 years ago, who come in with a new coach, to our place. That should be 6 right there. I'm not totally sold on Missouri. Respect Drinkwitz. But I want to see if he can do it again. Last year was the first time in his 4 seasons that they had a really good team. I'm told he was on the hot seat prior to last season. Thus I believe Missouri at home is a possibility. Yes Clemson beat us last year. But it was fairly close. And we beat them 2 years ago up there. With the Transfer Portal, you can basically bring in a new team from season to season. We have had 2 Top 10 Transfer Portal rankings in the past 3 years, including this past season. Did you believe we were going to beat Tennessee at our place 2 years ago and Clemson at their place? There's new blood on the staff and in the player ranks and it's Beamer's 4th season. I don't think he is a dummy. He knows how important this season is. There is a reason why some changes on the staff were made voluntarily and involuntarily. So, I don't buy the doom and gloom.
Our offense is basically being reset for the season. It doesn't work like it used to with the 4-year thing. I'm just wondering what you've seen in terms of new personnel that would lead you to believe we can get to 7 wins with this schedule since you've also stated that you could see us losing to OOC opponents?

Our offense is basically being reset for the season. It doesn't work like it used to with the 4-year thing. I'm just wondering what you've seen in terms of new personnel that would lead you to believe we can get to 7 wins with this schedule since you've also stated that you could see us losing to OOC opponents?
We helped ourselves in the portal with the RB and the WRs. I said we have had some close calls with lesser talented teams. So I would not be shocked by an upset. That does not mean we will. The offense starts with the OL. THAT was our problem on offense last year. I believe that Elliott will help us there.

Specifically to add: Jacobs and Larvadain were both 4 star Wrs as was Sanders at RB (hope he is healthy). Hunt at TE, not a 4 star, but highly regarded.

But again, it all starts at OL. Elliott was a good hire. Elliott might have been our best "recruit".

Specifically to add: Jacobs and Larvadain were both 4 star Wrs as was Sanders at RB (hope he is healthy). Hunt at TE, not a 4 star, but highly regarded.

But again, it all starts at OL. Elliott was a good hire. Elliott might have been our best "recruit".
So how do you get to 7 wins? Our easiest SEC games are UK on the road and A&M which many believe will be the comeback team of the year with all of their talent, and Vandy.

Last edited:
You’re kidding yourself if you think any nfl talented qb with no oline, no running game and one decent receiver is going to win in the sec, I don’t care who your oc is, but think what you will!

Who said anything about winning the SEC? I'm talking about just going to a bowl game.

I will add one other thing: I'm too old to see us start over. I WANT Beamer to succeed if for no other reason than that.
So how do you get to 7 wins? Our easiest SEC games are UK on the road and A&M which many believe will be the comeback team of the year with all of their talent, and Vandy.
I thought I made it clear that Missouri and Clemson are possibilities. If I had to pick between Clemson and Missouri, I'd pick Missouri as the 7th since we have them at home. That being said: since we have Ole Miss at home, I'd say they are a possibility too. But with them led by Lane Kiffin, they are much less likely. Neither Missouri nor Ole Miss are miles ahead of us in player talent. They are not LSU, Alabama and Oklahoma in "player talent".

Last edited:
I will add one other thing: I'm too old to see us start over. I WANT Beamer to succeed if for no other reason than that.

I thought I made it clear that Missouri and Clemson are possibilities. If I had to pick between Clemson and Missouri, I'd pick Missouri as the 7th since we have them at home. That being said: since we have Ole Miss at home, I'd say they are a possibility too. But with them led by Lane Kiffin, they are much less likely. Neither Missouri nor Ole Miss are miles ahead of us in player talent. They are not LSU, Alabama and Oklahoma in "player talent".
Missouri will be favored by 2 touchdowns and ole miss has its best roster in their history this year. Kiffin could coach blindfolded and beat Beamer. The gamecocks have beaten the Tigers once in a decade and now with a new quarterback and new running backs and new wr’s they will be better. Can’t see the trees for the forest.

My turn to ask you a question. You are open to having HUGE faith in Beamer. This season, his 4th at USC, the majority of the players will be HIS recruits. He made multiple changes on his coaching staff after last season. This is Beamer's 4th season. In Drinkwitz and Kiffin's 4th seasons, they led their teams to Top 10 seasons. Now I'm not predicting, nor expecting a Top 10 season from Beamer. But he did not inherit any better a situation than Drinkwitz and Kiffin. The later 2 coaches also replaced fired coaches. At least Beamer replaced a coach known for his recruiting ability. In fact, Muschamp's classes were ranked higher than Beamers'. Again, I'm not predicting a Top 10 team from Beamer this season. No, not at all. In fact, I am predicting a 7-5 team, which is very mediocre in his 4th season here. But considering the schedule, that would be good and considered a "breakthrough" season.

My question is If not this season, when? Head Coaches rarely, especially those who have no track record, rarely get to go beyond a 5th season. Sam Pittman, who has a similar background to Beamer, is on the hot seat. One has said he will be fired by Halloween. And to complicate matters for Beamer, Clemson is said by some to have one of the VERY best defenses in the nation and on their way back to national relevancy. This is the SEC. The schedule plus Clemson will always be tough.

Last edited:
Missouri will be favored by 2 touchdowns and ole miss has its best roster in their history this year. Kiffin could coach blindfolded and beat Beamer. The gamecocks have beaten the Tigers once in a decade and now with a new quarterback and new running backs and new wr’s they will be better. Can’t see the trees for the forest.
But at this time last year, they would not have been. This is a new year, with 4 star recruited players at skill positions, new coaches on staff, majority of players being HIS recruits. You are playing the "Bear Bryant" and "Vince Dooley" card.......lowering expectations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT