ADVERTISEMENT

Another Damn Recruiting Thread

Joe MorrisonLives

Nov 16, 2020
So, 2020 was a pretty good recruiting class, right? We had 9 blue chip recruits. 2021, Beamer came in 11 days before early signing day. When Beamer came in, the vast majority of recruits in the class had committed somewhere all ready. We were not able to host recruits. Beamer was not able to have face to face interactions with recruits. Beamer, who had been recruiting an entirely different area of the country couldn't evaluate anyone to see if they were worth the offer. On early signing day, I think 80% of the class did sign. Now the question is, how many blue chip recruits should he have been able to recruit with a week and a half, get them to flip to a new school, site unseen, to a program that won two games, with an incomplete coaching staff, with a week and a half to change there minds on the biggest choice they've ever made? Let's forget the blue chippers now. How about 3-stars, should he have put together 20 3-stars he couldn't adequately evaluate and just hope he can hit a dart board dead center blindfolded a dozen times? Or should he have sured up what he already had, push for a couple guys he knows he wants and then chase transfers for an instant impact that he knows can play college ball and get immediate eligibility? I wanna know who thinks he did the wrong strategy and I want you to defend that we could've put together a top 50 recruiting class with everything I said in mind. In fact, I'd love to hear anyone tell me that they genuinely believe any coach that hasn't played for a national championship could've put together a good recruiting class with less than 10 already in the fold with 11 days to recruit prior to 80% of players signing. Name the coach that could've gotten a good class without just filling it up with warm bodies under those circumstances. Better yet, name a team that had less than 10 players when Beamer was hired that made it into the to 50 of classes.

Refute with facts or stop bad mouthing and hurting our program because y'all are practically doing all the negative recruiting our rivals could ask for.

All these are true facts the usual suspects choose to ignore because they are “ realist “
In other words they have no clue how it works
Thanks for a post of the real truth Beamer was dealt when he arrived
Actually he did a good job with the transfers and Jucos as well as adding two HS prospects in recent signing period

I like what he done. What we got are unknown but they are experienced at the college level. Not SEC level but it is a better understanding of the level. I think we will be fine. Like he said we will get his best.

New Vanderbilt coach Clark Lea wrapped up his first recruiting class Wednesday.

In December, he signed the bulk of the class two days after being hired, and they were mostly players committed to fired coach Derek Mason. He finished it Wednesday by signing four players.

Google is a great source.
So where are they ranked? Exact same situation as us. Where are they ranked? Has to be below us right? Can you google how to answer a post that literally has ONE QUESTION IN IT?

So, 2020 was a pretty good recruiting class, right? We had 9 blue chip recruits. 2021, Beamer came in 11 days before early signing day. When Beamer came in, the vast majority of recruits in the class had committed somewhere all ready. We were not able to host recruits. Beamer was not able to have face to face interactions with recruits. Beamer, who had been recruiting an entirely different area of the country couldn't evaluate anyone to see if they were worth the offer. On early signing day, I think 80% of the class did sign. Now the question is, how many blue chip recruits should he have been able to recruit with a week and a half, get them to flip to a new school, site unseen, to a program that won two games, with an incomplete coaching staff, with a week and a half to change there minds on the biggest choice they've ever made? Let's forget the blue chippers now. How about 3-stars, should he have put together 20 3-stars he couldn't adequately evaluate and just hope he can hit a dart board dead center blindfolded a dozen times? Or should he have sured up what he already had, push for a couple guys he knows he wants and then chase transfers for an instant impact that he knows can play college ball and get immediate eligibility? I wanna know who thinks he did the wrong strategy and I want you to defend that we could've put together a top 50 recruiting class with everything I said in mind. In fact, I'd love to hear anyone tell me that they genuinely believe any coach that hasn't played for a national championship could've put together a good recruiting class with less than 10 already in the fold with 11 days to recruit prior to 80% of players signing. Name the coach that could've gotten a good class without just filling it up with warm bodies under those circumstances. Better yet, name a team that had less than 10 players when Beamer was hired that made it into the to 50 of classes.

Refute with facts or stop bad mouthing and hurting our program because y'all are practically doing all the negative recruiting our rivals could ask for.
Have you ever heard of paragraphs? I
Guess not.

Vandy fired a coach after us. Where are they ranked?
How many stayed committed? How many did they have when we hired Beamer? Do you think they were sold going to the league like our decommits or do you think a bunch of people committed to Vandy that don't even expect to win? Address my questions, you didn't bring facts. You must be recruiting for the rest of the SEC.

New Vanderbilt coach Clark Lea added four players to the Commodores class Wednesday, bringing the total to 23. At least 20 committed under former coach Derek Mason. Four-star defensive tackle Marcus Bradley highlights the class as the No. 190 prospect.
Vanderbilt 51 and USC 85 - 247 Sports
Answer my questions! Do you think we couldn't get 4 recruits? We got 3 and a lot more transfers. We got a 4 star too. How many of those Vandy players are worth our transfers?

Vandy fired a coach after us. Where are they ranked?
Misleading. I had a lot of questions, answer them or you're plainly just being obtuse.

Answer the questions of what should have been done, where the commits would come from with how few were uncommitted, if you wanted bad players just to fill out the class and if we could've done better with 3-stars than our transfers. Or, alternatively, keep recruiting for our rivals.

I also have a question to y'all comparing our class to Vandy. We have one initial signer left and coach said he would only give it to someone he thought could be an asset, we're going after a 6'4" cb. Now my question is, which of our 7 transfers would you trade for one of Vandy's 3-stars?

All these are true facts the usual suspects choose to ignore because they are “ realist “
In other words they have no clue how it works
Thanks for a post of the real truth Beamer was dealt when he arrived
Actually he did a good job with the transfers and Jucos as well as adding two HS prospects in recent signing period
I'll reserve judgement on Beamer's recruiting skills until next year. This year was a mess.

But you're the guy that loved Muschamp and praised him until the very end. You also trashed anyone who disagreed with you. So, you'll excuse me if I don't take your word on anything related to coaching or recruiting.

Misleading. I had a lot of questions, answer them or you're plainly just being obtuse.

Answer the questions of what should have been done, where the commits would come from with how few were uncommitted, if you wanted bad players just to fill out the class and if we could've done better with 3-stars than our transfers. Or, alternatively, keep recruiting for our rivals.
“I DEMAND YOU BEHAVE AND ACT THE WAY I DICTATE ON A FREE MESSAGE BOARD!!”
-Joe MorrisonLives

isn’t that what you really want to say bud?

Vandy achieving a ranking that much higher than ours defeats your entire premise. In no world should we ever finish behind Vandy. This was a cluster hiring and we all know it. The scramble was on.
ANSWER THE QUESTIONS. It does no such thing, you're ignoring my questions, including the last one I posted.

The only way to have more high school signers is with less transfers, which Vandy players would you trade our transfers for and feel that's an improvement?

We would never get warm bodies in for an arbitrary ranking if we have better options.

Edit to add: I have two alternatives and if you don't do one you are doing the other. If you think your opinion is rationally based than address the arguments rationally. This is how arguments work. If you ignore the arguments and assert your conclusion regardless than you aren't making an argument, you are demanding everyone agrees with you for no reason. If you have a rational belief we could've done better, tell us how. And the answer isn't "Vandy's ranked higher," because we don't want 3-stars just to have them.

Last edited:
“I DEMAND YOU BEHAVE AND ACT THE WAY I DICTATE ON A FREE MESSAGE BOARD!!”
-Joe MorrisonLives

isn’t that what you really want to say bud?
No, I want you to answer the questions so you can support your point against an oppositional argument or recognize that you're negatively recruiting against the team and have the decency as a "fan" to stop that.

No, I want you to answer the questions so you can support your point against an oppositional argument or recognize that you're negatively recruiting against the team and have the decency as a "fan" to stop that.

Hi Joe, I see that you are new here. Your posts are cute so far for sure. Little advise, lighten up Francis.

I also have a question to y'all comparing our class to Vandy. We have one initial signer left and coach said he would only give it to someone he thought could be an asset, we're going after a 6'4" cb. Now my question is, which of our 7 transfers would you trade for one of Vandy's 3-stars?
I don't know what you are looking at, but a bunch of transfers from Belmont, St Francis, Ga State, and Navy don't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about our talent. Do you think that is where the best talent in the country comes from?

Our transfers out>than our transfers in. We lose nearly our entire defensive backfield and our best Dlineman, Kier Thomas. We get Belmont, St Francis, etc. And it's not just transfers. We lost most of our best talent from opt outs, early draft, and graduation in addition to the transfers. We did not replace any of that talent. We lost our only quality WR, our only quality SEC LB, all our QBs except one freshman, in addition to the above mentioned players. You wanted facts - those are indeed FACTS.

Also, I don't give a whole lot of credit to recruiting services, but many of you do. If you do, Rivals has Vandy ranked 35th, and we are ranked 78th. Pretty substantial difference.

I don't know what you are looking at, but a bunch of transfers from Belmont, St Francis, Ga State, and Navy don't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about our talent. Do you think that is where the best talent in the country comes from?

Our transfers out>than our transfers in. We lose nearly our entire defensive backfield and our best Dlineman, Kier Thomas. We get Belmont, St Francis, etc. And it's not just transfers. We lost most of our best talent from opt outs, early draft, and graduation in addition to the transfers. We did not replace any of that talent. We lost our only quality WR, our only quality SEC LB, all our QBs except one freshman, in addition to the above mentioned players. You wanted facts - those are indeed FACTS.

Also, I don't give a whole lot of credit to recruiting services, but many of you do. If you do, Rivals has Vandy ranked 35th, and we are ranked 78th. Pretty substantial difference.
He doesn't want facts and that's why I am ignoring him. Of course its also obvious he has control issues and I love messing with folks like that lol

I like Nashville’s downtown more than Columbia’s downtown. Except for the outfield in our baseball stadium VS theirs.

We are set up for excuses for the next 5 years. Young, inexperienced, need more time, time. Insert here. While I'm thankful we got somebody. The fact that Beamer wasn't going to start the job immediately was very telling of what you as going to happen to this year's class. I hope they come in and set the world on fire. It would be nothing short of a miracle. This is the first time since I can remember. We are all over the place as far a recruiting pipelines and network. Places like Clemson had that set up long before Dabo ever got there. It was no accident they kept Brad Scott around for his recruiting connections. They have that IMG school in Florida in their pockets. To expect Beamer to achieve the same thing on feel good and guts is insane and I'm for one not going to blame him for this one. I'm blaming the guys in charge who sit on there thumbs in the bot who only care about the buisness side of this school. The same guys who tell you were doing the best we can or we are trapped between to many winners. As long as they generate excitement it brings the fans back for a brief time anyway. Carolina knows how to operate in the black because we are run by cheap people. Warren Buffett had this to say about people who are cheap.Never expect the truth from cheap people. We are what we are because we have lack of vision and knowhow in Network building. When we hired a search firm to convince us that Beamer was a good idea. It wasn't even our idea which should tell you how in trouble we really are in competitive sports. In year three we will be really tired of this BS and I'm hoping an overhaul of the BOT and Tanner happens dinner rather than later. I thought Clausen might have been a big help with his reputation. He seems willing to pull the trigger but yet he himself had no plan in place to transition Champ. Sick of this incompetence especially if I'm asked to pay for support. I donate now to the academic programs but I have stopped going to the games. The SEC pays us enough money to suck.

Beamer recruited players fairly well considering his situation. What he did not do well was recruit and retain coaching staff.

Beamer recruited players fairly well considering his situation. What he did not do well was recruit and retain coaching staff.
So is it Beamers fault coaches left after committing to staying on board, or does that responsibility lie with the individual coaches? If Beamer had given Bobo the raise he demanded this board would have gone nuclear. Many on this board wanted Bobo gone, yet when he left Beamer was blasted for letting him go. In some eyes no matter what Beamer does he will be doing the wrong thing. Have patience it will all work out.

Vandy achieving a ranking that much higher than ours defeats your entire premise. In no world should we ever finish behind Vandy. This was a cluster hiring and we all know it. The scramble was on.
It’s funny the way people talk about Vandy on this board like they are so inferior to USC. Face it, Vandy and USC are neck and neck for the bottom of the conference. Winning records are close and Vandy wins hands down in bowl winning percentage.

Reactions: 43cocks
It’s funny the way people talk about Vandy on this board like they are so inferior to USC. Face it, Vandy and USC are neck and neck for the bottom of the conference. Winning records are close and Vandy wins hands down in bowl winning percentage.
Vandy has 17 losing records in the last twenty years you’re so incredibly wrong it’s painful

People would really actually rather have low three star recruits rather than transfers that have played college football.

Three star recruit plays well against other teenagers = good. Former two start recruit that dominates fcs competition = bad?

Three star athlete that played low A high school completion = good. WR who broke Megatrons freshman record = bad

High school de that still needs to fill out = good. FBS sack leader = bad?

Which has a greater chance of success, someone who put preformed and dominated in their level of competition at a lower level or someone who could not get any playing time at their current level?

This is an unprecedented time where a coach can get a recruit immediately from a lower level - someone who might have been over looked or undervalued - and have them play immediately. A lot of these players normally wouldn’t transfer our and miss a year of playing just to go up a level

Reactions: Joe MorrisonLives
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT