ADVERTISEMENT

Another Damn Recruiting Thread

No, what has been said is they provide immediate depth. Keep moving the goalposts
Immediate depth to whom? Other d2 players on offense?
Departed players? They're coming here to play jack wagon.

Moving the goal posts? I am re-quoting you almost verbatim.

Also....6'8 running a 4.5....I doubt he's sitting the bench if he's the stud everyone says he is, and if he really runs a 4.5

Immediate depth to whom? Other d2 players on offense?
Departed players? They're coming here to play jack wagon.

Moving the goal posts? I am re-quoting you almost verbatim.

Also....6'8 running a 4.5....I doubt he's sitting the bench if he's the stud everyone says he is, and if he really runs a 4.5
Ok brilliant one. Name the HS recruits that were unsigned that were available that would be better than the transfers.
If you can’t then your argument has no merit.

Ok brilliant one. Name the HS recruits that were unsigned that were available that would be better than the transfers.
If you can’t then your argument has no merit.
How is this quantifiable? Seriously, it's impossible to say with any degree of certainty that player "z" is better than player "x". You would literally have to play out a full season of real games with a roster including both z and x to ensure an equal, controlled environment (same meetings, same coaching, etc.). Only then could you accurately measure individual success, contribution and stats of each for comparative purposes.

Otherwise you are guessing, at best.

Reactions: DeBoer31
How is this quantifiable? Seriously, it's impossible to say with any degree of certainty that player "z" is better than player "x". You would literally have to play out a full season of real games with a roster including both z and x to ensure an equal, controlled environment (same meetings, same coaching, etc.). Only then could you accurately measure individual success, contribution and stats of each for comparative purposes.

Otherwise you are guessing, at best.
If you don’t know and I don’t know and no one knows then why complain about the ranking?

Reactions: Dizzy01
So your contribution to the discussion is we don’t know anything until four years from now. Very erudite
No, it's along the lines of our motto, for which we actually had a bumper sticker dedicated to that says "Wait till Next Year", then you'll know whether your statements are accurate or not.

No, it's along the lines of our motto, for which we actually had a bumper sticker dedicated to that says "Wait till Next Year", then you'll know whether your statements are accurate or not.
Well if that’s your opinion then you should take the same motto in your posting

OH no no....we don't need them in the S/C or nutrition program to be good. Remember...6'8 and running a 4.5. Where else do you go from there?
Remember the stance that has been taken: we're taking these D2 guys because they're fully matured, and play-ready right now coming in from other institutions. We are supposedly avoiding having to put on the 10-15 lbs. of muscle a HS recruit would need to put on before playing....and going with immediate play-ready guys from D2 schools. That is the logic, and that is what you and many others are arguing. We will see how it goes.

I'll assume you're talking about the two St Francis guys.

They are more mature and developed than the majority of HS players. Doesn't mean they won't improve more in a better S/C/Nutrition program.

I have no idea what St Francis's S/C/Nutrition program is like. There are certainly HS's that likely have better programs....there are certainly HS's that don't.

Looking at tape, I see a big bodied QB who shows the ability to move in the pocket while keeping his eyes downfield. He was lightly recruited because he was injured in HS. Doesn't mean he'll be successful here, but he certainly shows some flashes of skill. We've had higher rated QB's who didn't have his attributes.

I see a big bodied WR who was lightly recruited because he was a 185-190 lb basketball player who couldn't gain weight in HS. I see a guy who outruns DB's, runs over DB's, overpowers DB's, and resembles Alshon in how his basketball skills allow him to use his body to block out defenders to make plays.

Doesn't mean he'll do that here, but we've certainly had higher rated WR's who didn't have his attributes.

I'd opine that guys who've already improved in a S/C/Nutrition program better than most at the HS level stand to improve more in our S/C/Nutrition program. Now, you certainly might disagree with that, but it defies common sense.

Reactions: WingchunCock
They were never D2. There is a reason why D1 is split in football.
I've seen you champion this before. We all know.
I still call it d2....because that is what it is. It is the 2nd tier level of college football without question.
Not talking about other sports.

I'll assume you're talking about the two St Francis guys.

They are more mature and developed than the majority of HS players. Doesn't mean they won't improve more in a better S/C/Nutrition program.

I have no idea what St Francis's S/C/Nutrition program is like. There are certainly HS's that likely have better programs....there are certainly HS's that don't.

Looking at tape, I see a big bodied QB who shows the ability to move in the pocket while keeping his eyes downfield. He was lightly recruited because he was injured in HS. Doesn't mean he'll be successful here, but he certainly shows some flashes of skill. We've had higher rated QB's who didn't have his attributes.

I see a big bodied WR who was lightly recruited because he was a 185-190 lb basketball player who couldn't gain weight in HS. I see a guy who outruns DB's, runs over DB's, overpowers DB's, and resembles Alshon in how his basketball skills allow him to use his body to block out defenders to make plays.

Doesn't mean he'll do that here, but we've certainly had higher rated WR's who didn't have his attributes.

I'd opine that guys who've already improved in a S/C/Nutrition program better than most at the HS level stand to improve more in our S/C/Nutrition program. Now, you certainly might disagree with that, but it defies common sense.
I don't disagree with most of that....and I hope they are able to do something. We just can't re-build a team and compete with a lot of these guys. I hope they are the next Walter Payton (in the sense... coming from a tiny school to be great). I will be pulling for them. The SEC is just a cruel world. Guys who are 2nd team All-ACC, get lots of playing time and get drafted typically wouldn't get on the field at most starting 22 positions in the SEC...so I hope for the best for these guys.

I've seen you champion this before. We all know.
I still call it d2....because that is what it is. It is the 2nd tier level of college football without question.
Not talking about other sports.

Whatever you say Bundy.

BTW it's sad you degrade the kids who play FCS ball, looking at Super Bowl QBs since 2000 there have been 4, same amount the SEC has had, including 2 from Delaware, where one of our transfers happens to be from.

Last edited:
Reactions: carolinamyke
Whatever you say Bundy.

BTW it's sad you degrade the kids who play FCS ball, looking at Super Bowl QBs since 2000 there have been 4, same amount the SEC has had, including 2 from Delaware, where one of our transfers happens to be from.
Look we all hope these guys turn out great, but you and I both know the SEC is a huge step up from FCS, period. The likelihood that these guys turn into stars in the SEC is not a favorable percentage, I hope they are an anomaly but they would be defying the odds if they do. That doesn't mean I'm not hoping they all do, that's just reality of life in the SEC.

Whatever you say Bundy.

I've never stated, indicated or bragged on anything I've accomplished on any field, Peg.

It's sad you're a paid troll who feigns love for a football program, but has been on here since only 2019. I'm not degrading anybody. The truth is the truth....whether it hurts or not.

That's great about the Delaware and FCS stuff. As for all the rest of us (the sain SOBs), we will continue on with life knowing some tinyD idiot is backing FCS football, Delaware football over and comparing it to the SEC and in relation with NFL football. You're a real trusted source.
I will ask this again...if Delaware and FCS football is so great, and produces so much talent-rich players....why don't we just recruit their freshmen class every year and be #1 in recruiting rankings, and beat Bama. You know they have NFL players, and Super Bowl winners and all...like you say.

I've never stated, indicated or bragged on anything I've accomplished on any field, Peg.

It's sad you're a paid troll who feigns love for a football program, but has been on here since only 2019. I'm not degrading anybody. The truth is the truth....whether it hurts or not.

That's great about the Delaware and FCS stuff. As for all the rest of us (the sain SOBs), we will continue on with life knowing some tinyD idiot is backing FCS football, Delaware football over and comparing it to the SEC and in relation with NFL football. You're a real trusted source.
I will ask this again...if Delaware and FCS football is so great, and produces so much talent-rich players....why don't we just recruit their freshmen class every year and be #1 in recruiting rankings, and beat Bama. You know they have NFL players, and Super Bowl winners and all...like you say.

There you go with the paid trolls again, you are not even worth responding to.

Keep on living life fat drunk and stupid.

Immediate help is a relative term I suppose. I'm not claiming there were other guys to go after, rather that the depths of chaos in us signing a competitive class have reached new lows. That's not on Beamer, that's on this admin letting a wound bleed for way too long.
I can appreciate this, don't think it's a long term deathknell.

Agree. What we do need is for some of them to step up and help us win a few games. They are bandaids and we desperately need some. Certainly Beamer and staff know all this.

You have to have Jimmys and Joes to play the game. Without these band aids, we may be like many teams this year, not enough scholarship players to play.

Agree. What we do need is for some of them to step up and help us win a few games. They are bandaids and we desperately need some. Certainly Beamer and staff know all this.
Most of us have been saying that but the naysayers insist this is the new recruiting model and they turn into Chicken Littles screaming the sky is falling

Look we all hope these guys turn out great, but you and I both know the SEC is a huge step up from FCS, period. The likelihood that these guys turn into stars in the SEC is not a favorable percentage, I hope they are an anomaly but they would be defying the odds if they do. That doesn't mean I'm not hoping they all do, that's just reality of life in the SEC.

Not sure I ever said they will be stars, just don't think they need to be discounted. Personally I think Jenkins will be a solid contributor, at his size and our need, hard for him not to be. I wouldn't be surprised to see Brown start, however I hope Doty puts it together. The arm talent is there with Doty, just needs to be developed.
I am high on Williams though, something about the kid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe MorrisonLives
What this team needs right now is great coaching. This is not a group of players that are going to win 8 or more games but if they can win 6 or 7 that would be over achieving compared to what they were when the staff took over. That is what will bring in the Jimmy and Joe's.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT