ADVERTISEMENT

Another Damn Recruiting Thread

Yes this is right. I guess he went from running a 4.9 at 5’11 and after a year or two grew 8 inches and got NFL caliber speed.
I know nothing about this kid...but beside Harold carmichael...let me know when you come across a 6’7-6’8 receiver that does well in any level of football.
Ps- I know full well y’all don’t know who that is...and I think he was 6’6 ...but the point still stands

Tape shows him outrunning and outplaying guys at his level.

He’s never been in a SEC level S/C and nutrition program.

Only makes sense he stands a chance of improving.

I know who Harold Carmichael is, not totally sure you know barring a Google search or a video game.

Big question is, if he turns out to be a great player, will you have the balls to admit it?

Or will you change your posting name to Latti21 and keep posting crap?

IMHO, you don’t have the balls to admit you’re wrong. This should be interesting.....

I noticed You didn’t answer the question, that speaks volumes on the crux of your whole argument.
Dude you are obsessed with the transfers. All you have is speculation on how they turn out, that's it. You can't say with any degree of certainty which is better, transfers or high school recruits. The proof will be in the pudding, you can then go on your rant if they perform or hide in a cave if they stink it up or never see the field. Every post you are so adamant that you are right and anyone questioning you is wrong. They are all opinions, that's it, quit acting like your opinion is factually correct, no one knows that as they haven't played a down.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Feeble and JOeMo....I will make this easy.
I will skip the 100s of legit d1 , P5 college players they’ve produced the last 40 years at NW ...
Will just go with pros since you mention Tony romo.

Players
PlayerPosTeamsFromTo
Johnathan JosephDBCIN,HOU,ARI,TEN20062020
Cordarrelle PattersonWRMIN,OAK,NWE,CHI20132020
Mason RudolphQBPIT20192020
Ben WatsonTENWE,CLE,NOR,BAL20042019
Derek RossDBDAL,MIN,ATL20022004
Jeff BurrisDBBUF,IND,CIN19942003
Rick SanfordDBNWE,SEA19791985
Cool here is eastern Illinois, I win https://www.pro-football-reference.com/schools/eastillinois/index.htm

Dude you are obsessed with the transfers. All you have is speculation on how they turn out, that's it. You can't say with any degree of certainty which is better, transfers or high school recruits. The proof will be in the pudding, you can then go on your rant if they perform or hide in a cave if they stink it up or never see the field. Every post you are so adamant that you are right and anyone questioning you is wrong. They are all opinions, that's it, quit acting like your opinion is factually correct, no one knows that as they haven't played a down.
Still didn’t answer the question.

THIS DUDE AIN'T ONE OF US, HE DOESN'T KNOW WHO MI6 IS!!!
Are you so daft that you can't understand sarcasm when you see it? I was making fun of you for being so lazy you can't type and must abbreviate or use acronyms for everything.
But you are right. I am certainly not one of YOU, whatever that is. I'm a real Gamecock fan who really wants to win, not make stupid excuses. I was a golden spur member for 25 years. I probably gave more money to the program in one year than you did in your entire miserable little life.

Did I specify the “last 20 years?” They also have 14 conference titles and a better bowl winning percentage, so what’s your point?
a Southern Conference title from 1930s has zero factor in the level of their program nearly 100 years later.

Is there a definitive answer that can be proven yet or is it just speculation like you are doing.
Is that how I phrased the question? I asked if you had to choose one as a starter this upcoming year who would you think would be more likely to succeed: Brown or Gauthier?

How come some people are talking that Brown may be the day one starter but no one is suggesting that Gauthier could be?

Are you so daft that you can't understand sarcasm when you see it? I was making fun of you for being so lazy you can't type and must abbreviate or use acronyms for everything.
But you are right. I am certainly not one of YOU, whatever that is. I'm a real Gamecock fan who really wants to win, not make stupid excuses. I was a golden spur member for 25 years. I probably gave more money to the program in one year than you did in your entire miserable little life.
It's a nickname to show how endeared he is to Gamecock fans, like any number of nicknames. I'm also pretty sure it's in reference to MI6, the British CIA saying that Melvin Ingram (are you happy not prick?) is lethal with his license to sack.

You said we played defensive ends as tackles, Thomas has always been a tweeners, Pickens is over 300 which is a DT, our other 5 star DE played DE. What's drivel.

You plainly are getting personal and nitpicking because you're losing the argument.

And tell me Pickens isn't who you were referring to as one of the DEs playing tackle!

I'm clearly not the miserable one.

JGH:
Let's avoid the nitpicking and name calling. Do you mean that Muschamp got everything out of the defense he could? Yes or no.

I think most of the posters here are realistic and optimistic.

Funny thing is, guys like you, the fake Deboer and others are actively rooting for SB to fail as HBC.

If he succeeds, you guys will never admit you’re wrong, you’ll just start a new posting name and post freely.

If it doesn’t work out, I’d say most of the posters here will agree it all failed.

Personally, I think you (and others) are sad, pathetic people.
Wrong....and boy I hope I'm wrong, but in this case it likely isn't in the cards. In another post you ask if I have the balls to admit I'm wrong about the 6'8 kid/ lmao...yeah- I do, and he will have a long rope with me - I hope to h#ll he can provide something for our offense. If it's just the red zone threat of a jump ball...I hope they use him productively in some way, and I REALLY hope he is able to have a positive role on this team. Like I said though....let me know when you find another good receiver not named H. Carmichael who is 6'8. Do YOU have the balls to do that?

Also, on the 25 years, I'm 28, can you give me a few decades?

For the record, I got accepted but decided it was too expensive to study undecided, but my dad left with an MD. I've watched the team since I was a kid and I assure you if I decide I wanna quit the trades work and get a bachelor's, it'll probably be either through the school or the satellite network. I dig if that doesn't reach your standards, but it doesn't make you less wrong about everything.

a Southern Conference title from 1930s has zero factor in the level of their program nearly 100 years later.
I’m sorry but you have to face the reality that USC football isn’t that much better than Vanderbilt. The expectations for championships are there, but unfortunately it’s only expectations.

It's a nickname to show how endeared he is to Gamecock fans, like any number of nicknames. I'm also pretty sure it's in reference to MI6, the British CIA saying that Melvin Ingram (are you happy not prick?) is lethal with his license to sack.

You said we played defensive ends as tackles, Thomas has always been a tweeners, Pickens is over 300 which is a DT, our other 5 star DE played DE. What's drivel.

You plainly are getting personal and nitpicking because you're losing the argument.

And tell me Pickens isn't who you were referring to as one of the DEs playing tackle!

I'm clearly not the miserable one.
At some point in time Burch, Thomas, Enagbare, and Ellis played DT. They are all in the 270-280 range and not big enough to play DT. Pickens was a DE in high school which was his natural postion. He put on some weight and is right at 300 so they have played him at DT. It hasn't gone well. He played well at times but got pushed around a lot by bigger OLs. We have no true DTs on this team. Pickens is the biggest we have. The rest are all below 300.

And for the record I didn't call you any names. I asked if you were daft because of your inability to grasp the obvious sarcasm.

BTW, did you ever coach or play the game? Or do you rely on websites for all your information?

Is that how I phrased the question? I asked if you had to choose one as a starter this upcoming year who would you think would be more likely to succeed: Brown or Gauthier?

How come some people are talking that Brown may be the day one starter but no one is suggesting that Gauthier could be?
Who are some people, coaches that have seen them play? Show me a quote because if it's fans talking Brown may start, that means nothing and should be taken with a grain of salt. You could equally ask Gauthiers friends, family and high school coaches and I'm sure they would say him. Again show me "who" is saying such a thing that actually would have the ability to make that happen, not random fans.

At some point in time Burch, Thomas, Enagbare, and Ellis played DT. They are all in the 270-280 range and not big enough to play DT. Pickens was a DE in high school which was his natural postion. He put on some weight and is right at 300 so they have played him at DT. It hasn't gone well. He played well at times but got pushed around a lot by bigger OLs. We have no true DTs on this team. Pickens is the biggest we have. The rest are all below 300.

And for the record I didn't call you any names. I asked if you were daft because of your inability to grasp the obvious sarcasm.

BTW, did you ever coach or play the game? Or do you rely on websites for all your information?
Jabari Ellis has always played at DT for us, Burch hasn't taken a snap at DT outside of pass rushing scenarios, neither has Enagbare. My mother forbade it as I was underweight and couldn't put on weight until I for into my twenties but I had friends who lettered in highschool and walked on in college that have said I know my stuff. I know what I watch on Saturdays and I'm telling you Ellis has always been undersized but he's always been a DT on our roster. Pickens was over 280 before he came here and the coaches said he'd get a look at tackle when he signed.

Name one game where Burch or Enagbare got a standard down snap at DT. Tell me and I'll look.

I’m sorry but you have to face the reality that USC football isn’t that much better than Vanderbilt. The expectations for championships are there, but unfortunately it’s only expectations.
Our history in the last twenty years is much better that’s objectively true. You are reaching literally 100 years to make a point.

Daft is a name and I revelled in the joke I was typing when I said you weren't one of us, genius.

Who are some people, coaches that have seen them play? Show me a quote because if it's fans talking Brown may start, that means nothing and should be taken with a grain of salt. You could equally ask Gauthiers friends, family and high school coaches and I'm sure they would say him. Again show me "who" is saying such a thing that actually would have the ability to make that happen, not random fans.
Sure it’s all projection just like this recruiting class could produce 7 nfl players - we don’t know.

What I am suggesting is that most people, if told today, was told Brown was the week one starter - would feel MUCH more confident than Gauthier.

And by the way, Quarles played tackle as a sophomore at about 285.

Edit: when Brad Lawing tried recruiting Kinlaw for a different school, he wanted him to slim down and play DE. If someone is trending one way with good weight you don't argue against it, that's why we made Kinlaw and Pickens DTs.

Last edited:
Jabari Ellis has always played at DT for us, Burch hasn't taken a snap at DT outside of pass rushing scenarios, neither has Enagbare. My mother forbade it as I was underweight and couldn't put on weight until I for into my twenties but I had friends who lettered in highschool and walked on in college that have said I know my stuff. I know what I watch on Saturdays and I'm telling you Ellis has always been undersized but he's always been a DT on our roster. Pickens was over 280 before he came here and the coaches said he'd get a look at tackle when he signed.

Name one game where Burch or Enagbare got a standard down snap at DT. Tell me and I'll look.
I watched the games and I saw all of the guys I mentioned at one time or another play at the DT position. If you didn't see it, I'm sorry you missed it. The point here is we have no true DTs. They are ALL undersized. Kier Thomas was the best we had but he too was undersized for that position. He is also now gone. Pickens was a DE that they have tried to make into a DT. So far it hasn't worked well. We have no players like Javon Kinlow who was a very good DT. We are lacking in talent there and have not really addressed it yet. Hopefully, they will sign a couple of high level DTs in 2022. It is a critical area of need at the moment. LBs, DBs, and WR are the other critical areas of need that need addressing.

I watched the games and I saw all of the guys I mentioned at one time or another play at the DT position. If you didn't see it, I'm sorry you missed it. The point here is we have no true DTs. They are ALL undersized. Kier Thomas was the best we had but he too was undersized for that position. He is also now gone. Pickens was a DE that they have tried to make into a DT. So far it hasn't worked well. We have no players like Javon Kinlow who was a very good DT. We are lacking in talent there and have not really addressed it yet. Hopefully, they will sign a couple of high level DTs in 2022. It is a critical area of need at the moment. LBs, DBs, and WR are the other critical areas of need that need addressing.
You didn't say they were undersized, you said we had DEs playing DT. 285 is a tweeners unless you run a true 1-gap 3-4, we didn't, we played two ways with talent for neither. Ellis is too slow for DE, they projected Enagbare asa DT but have up on that when they realized he wasn't gaining weight going into 2019. Quarles played at 285 so it can be done, but Quarles had a 320 guy in Jerideau next to him and only had to account for 1 gap because there is a difference in how different defenses play.

How about a single picture of Burch or Enagbare lining up inside on a down that wasn't 3rd and long because what you saw was them roll inside on passing downs for an extra rush.
Edit: we did the same thing with Clowney and MI damn 6 (Melvin Ingram if you hate nicknames).

Vandy achieving a ranking that much higher than ours defeats your entire premise. In no world should we ever finish behind Vandy. This was a cluster hiring and we all know it. The scramble was on.
You are trying to compare apples and oranges. Per Chris Clark, we only had 13 that counted toward Rivals rankings. They take the top 20 of the class for the rankings. Transfers don't count toward Rivals rankings.
Insufficient data to make a comparison.

You are trying to compare apples and oranges. Per Chris Clark, we only had 13 that counted toward Rivals rankings. They take the top 20 of the class for the rankings. Transfers don't count toward Rivals rankings.
Insufficient data to make a comparison.
No matter how you slice or twist this up, I would venture to say this our weakest recruiting class (including transfers) in the past 15 years at a minimum. Next year it better improve dramatically if we want to get back to any sort of modest success in the SEC. We aren't going to win SEC championships but it would be nice to be competitive again.

I get that, and it was mainly in jest, however the attitude that USC is so superior to any team in the SEC is pretty silly.
Oh I agree we need to realize where we are as a program before we start making projections where we should be at in next few years

You didn't say they were undersized, you said we had DEs playing DT. 285 is a tweeners unless you run a true 1-gap 3-4, we didn't, we played two ways with talent for neither. Ellis is too slow for DE, they projected Enagbare asa DT but have up on that when they realized he wasn't gaining weight going into 2019. Quarles played at 285 so it can be done, but Quarles had a 320 guy in Jerideau next to him and only had to account for 1 gap because there is a difference in how different defenses play.

How about a single picture of Burch or Enagbare lining up inside on a down that wasn't 3rd and long because what you saw was them roll inside on passing downs for an extra rush.
Edit: we did the same thing with Clowney and MI damn 6 (Melvin Ingram if you hate nicknames).
Now you are an absolute liar. Either that or you lack the ability to read and comprehend. I most certainly did say they were undersized. Per post #142 above I said "They are ALL undersized." I will not have a further discussion with a LIAR. You've proven you have no idea what you are talking about. As a player for 13 years including 4 years in college and having some great coaches and mentors, one of which went on to win a NC, I have probably forgotten more football than you know and I don't have to lie about it.

FYI, there is no position on the football field called a "tweener". If you're on the DL you either line up as a DE or a DT. That is it.

Good Day!!!!!

Now you are an absolute liar. Either that or you lack the ability to read and comprehend. I most certainly did say they were undersized. Per post #142 above I said "They are ALL undersized." I will not have a further discussion with a LIAR. You've proven you have no idea what you are talking about. As a player for 13 years including 4 years in college and having some great coaches and mentors, one of which went on to win a NC, I have probably forgotten more football than you know and I don't have to lie about it.

FYI, there is no position on the football field called a "tweener". If you're on the DL you either line up as a DE or a DT. That is it.

Good Day!!!!!
To small for a DT and too slow for a DE is between positions. Go ahead and ignore that you said Ellis was a DE, I don't care what your playing history is it doesn't change the fact that Quarles killed it at that size and Ellis has always been a DT. You're pulling rank on a message board and ignoring things which can be verified by looking at a roster and you think you can flex nuts on facts like you know anyone on the roster and can't find a picture with DEs at DT. Maybe I forgot something you said and you used it as a chance to call me a liar and ignore the fact you've been talking out of your ass.

You also mischaracterize the talent we had. You say we had 2 5* DL. You are another one of those people who lump DL into one category. A DE is far different from a DT especially a NT. That's like saying TE is the same as a WR because they are both receivers. We had DEs playing DT because we lacked talent at the DT position. Now with KT gone it is even less. Guess what? We did not really improve our situation there. I don't blame Beamer for not being able to recruit HS kids since he had a short field. But he should've addressed the positions of need with better quality transfers. We will still be lacking on the Dline because we still don't have any SEC quality DTs. We still have no SEC quality LBs. We have a sorely lacking Defensive backfield as well and no receivers. Our Oline can't pass block and if not for Harris making his own plays they aren't that great at run blocking either. There are many gaping holes on this team. I know there is no way Beamer could address all this in the first short period recruiting, but it seems we didn't even make a dent. He has a lot of work to do for 2022 and 2023 in terms of recruiting.
There you are, cut it down to the paragraph in question, don't care how you back pedaled. Who's the liar now? And should we starve Pickens or have a 300 lb DE?

To small for a DT and too slow for a DE is between positions. Go ahead and ignore that you said Ellis was a DE, I don't care what your playing history is it doesn't change the fact that Quarles killed it at that size and Ellis has always been a DT. You're pulling rank on a message board and ignoring things which can be verified by looking at a roster and you think you can flex nuts on facts like you know anyone on the roster and can't find a picture with DEs at DT. Maybe I forgot something you said and you used it as a chance to call me a liar and ignore the fact you've been talking out of your ass.
Once again you damn little liar - I never said Ellis was a DE. HERE IS WHAT I SAID: "At some point in time Burch, Thomas, Enagbare, and Ellis played DT. They are all in the 270-280 range and not big enough to play DT. " WHERE THE F%$K did I say he was a DE? You can't even F%$king read you little twit. I even said he played DT even though he is not big enough. Now go away and learn to read before you try and have a discussion with grown ups. That's twice you've been caught in out and out lies. I guess when you have no argument you resort to lying. I'll bet you are Democrat too. Same M/O.

Once again you damn little liar - I never said Ellis was a DE. HERE IS WHAT I SAID: "At some point in time Burch, Thomas, Enagbare, and Ellis played DT. They are all in the 270-280 range and not big enough to play DT. " WHERE THE F%$K did I say he was a DE? You can't even F%$king read you little twit. I even said he played DT even though he is not big enough. Now go away and learn to read before you try and have a discussion with grown ups. That's twice you've been caught in out and out lies. I guess when you have no argument you resort to lying. I'll bet you are Democrat too. Same M/O.
Okay then, first off Ellis 285, same playing weight Quarles had a chunk of his time here. Second off Enagbare and Burch rotated in on passing downs, Thomas has always swung back and forth for where he was needed and made plays doing it. How about you tell me the DEs you were referring too because when we used to field 4 DEs in 2012 it wasn't because of depth issues, and the same is true for Enagbare and Burch so you tell me what DEs you're referring to do because that was my best try at figuring out what the hell you're talking about.

And you show me one picture of Burch lining up at DT on any down other than 3rd and long.

Blah blah adults are talking, bet you fantasize about Jill Stein's bloomers.

There you are, cut it down to the paragraph in question, don't care how you back pedaled. Who's the liar now? And should we starve Pickens or have a 300 lb DE?
You are still the liar, now for a THIRD time. Highlight the part where I said Ellis was a DE.

You are still the liar, now for a THIRD time. Highlight the part where I said Ellis was a DE.
So then the only ones you're referring to are Burch and Enagbare, wonderful, you still haven't told me when either of them played a standard down inside. But I'll do you the credit of not calling you a liar here now that we got down to the root of it. You're just wrong.

I misunderstood what you were saying, not a lie but I'll apologize. You're still wrong, ass.

So then the only ones you're referring to are Burch and Enagbare, wonderful, you still haven't told me when either of them played a standard down inside. But I'll do you the credit of not calling you a liar here now that we got down to the root of it. You're just wrong.

I misunderstood what you were saying, not a lie but I'll apologize. You're still wrong, ass.

You didn't misunderstand a damned thing. You have continually made up narratives and sidetracked from the issue when you have been proven wrong just to distract from the real issue. The whole point of this has been to say plainly and succinctly that we do not have SEC talent at the DT position. Every one that has played there is undersized with the possible borderline exception of Pickens, and he gets pushed around as well. Name one player who has played that is SEC size and caliber. You can't, because we don't have any. That's why we couldn't stop anybody last year. That's why our opponents don't even attempt to double team our DTs. Our guys get handled one on one with SEC Olines. We don't have the talent and won't have it next year because we have brought no one in who is an SEC caliber DT. You have yet to refute any of this. Now go to bed before you mommy not only won't let you play ball but takes you gameboy away.

Right.....8 guys drafted in the last 40 years.
Most of them had a cup of coffee in the NFL and then were done.

NW (one HS in SC) produces multiple 5 year plus pros, with multiple pro bowl selections and super bowl winners. The point is the talent is where the coaches have gone to find it every year since recruiting was modernized. We are in crisis mode & better get back to taking talent ASAP or else we are Vandy for the next 10 years instead of the next 3 years.

No matter how you slice or twist this up, I would venture to say this our weakest recruiting class (including transfers) in the past 15 years at a minimum. Next year it better improve dramatically if we want to get back to any sort of modest success in the SEC. We aren't going to win SEC championships but it would be nice to be competitive again.
It is easily the weakest recruiting class we have ever had comparative to how recruiting is done (quantity and quality) in the last 40 years. I've kept up with it since 1983.....and this is no doubt the worst. This will have major repercussions on the football program, and very likely the university itself.

It is easily the weakest recruiting class we have ever had comparative to how recruiting is done (quantity and quality) in the last 40 years. I've kept up with it since 1983.....and this is no doubt the worst. This will have major repercussions on the football program, and very likely the university itself.

If Beamer can put together a solid 2022 class, we'll be alright.

I fear it'll be a longer haul, though, due primarily to the damage inflicted by the previous staff. Beamer isn't using it as a crutch at all, but deep down inside he knows that consecutive 4-8 and 2-8 seasons in the SEC can be lethal to your recruiting efforts.

Oh please, if the transfers actually counted towards the ranking we would be in the high 30’s or low 40s. It’s not the end of the world Chicken Little...

Reactions: carolinamyke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT