ADVERTISEMENT

Another Damn Recruiting Thread

Right.....8 guys drafted in the last 40 years.
Most of them had a cup of coffee in the NFL and then were done.

NW (one HS in SC) produces multiple 5 year plus pros, with multiple pro bowl selections and super bowl winners. The point is the talent is where the coaches have gone to find it every year since recruiting was modernized. We are in crisis mode & better get back to taking talent ASAP or else we are Vandy for the next 10 years instead of the next 3 years.
Did you not see the two starting franchise QBs? You are just being purposefully dense.

Yeah I can also name a ton of HS that have produced zero nfl players. You are moving the goal posts.

Reactions: Joe MorrisonLives
Oh please, if the transfers actually counted towards the ranking we would be in the high 30’s or low 40s. It’s not the end of the world Chicken Little...
totally false. That lie keeps getting told.
If that were the case....why don't we just transfer in the entire St. Francis team so we can get a top 10 recruiting class. We will also be able to compete with and beat Bama and LSU now because we are recruiting at their level. Why didn't we think of this before?
.................be better

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Did you not see the two starting franchise QBs? You are just being purposefully dense.

Yeah I can also name a ton of HS that have produced zero nfl players. You are moving the goal posts.
FRANCHISE QBs????? LOL.
So Garropollo is now a franchise QB? SMH. I'm not changing the debate.
You say that D2 recruits are better than HS recruits. I say unequivocally...they are not.

Also...so 2 guys in 40 years at that one school now mean that we should recruit d2 players? You saw the NW list right? You lost. You were out pointed. Disproven....and very easily.

Literally just one 4a HS in SC has produced better college recruits than your D2 Univ. example.

Oh please, if the transfers actually counted towards the ranking we would be in the high 30’s or low 40s. It’s not the end of the world Chicken Little...
Serious question, would any of these transfers make the two or three deep on the taters? It's an honest question and I think it illustrates how far we have fallen. And if you believe any of them would, please name them.

FRANCHISE QBs????? LOL.
So Garropollo is now a franchise QB? SMH. I'm not changing the debate.
You say that D2 recruits are better than HS recruits. I say unequivocally...they are not.

Also...so 2 guys in 40 years at that one school now mean that we should recruit d2 players? You saw the NW list right? You lost. You were out pointed. Disproven....and very easily.

Literally just one 4a HS in SC has produced better college recruits than your D2 Univ. example.
Which of those players were more successful than Romo? If you take years in the NFL my list destroys yours

Which of those players were more successful than Romo? If you take years in the NFL my list destroys yours
Totally inaccurate.

If you take away Romo (one player....and overrated but that's a whole other story) then you don't even have a list.
Go look at the lists, and get back to me when you want the Eastern Illinois list over NW HS's list to make a team competitive in the SEC...or even the Sunbelt.

BTW - Eastern Illinois football....and football in that region, for the most part, sucks out loud. Terrible take.

Totally inaccurate.

If you take away Romo (one player....and overrated but that's a whole other story) then you don't even have a list.
Go look at the lists, and get back to me when you want the Eastern Illinois list over NW HS's list to make a team competitive in the SEC...or even the Sunbelt.

BTW - Eastern Illinois football....and football in that region, for the most part, sucks out loud. Terrible take.
Okay count the years that your players were in the league and count all the years my players are. Mine are greater. I win

totally false. That lie keeps getting told.
If that were the case....why don't we just transfer in the entire St. Francis team so we can get a top 10 recruiting class. We will also be able to compete with and beat Bama and LSU now because we are recruiting at their level. Why didn't we think of this before?
.................be better
I’m referring to the 4 star DL from Nebraska and the WR from GT. Maybe the two guys from St. Francis are 2 or 3 stars. But that STILL would improve our ranking if counted. We only had 13 signees count toward our ranking, just over half the class. If you’re too stupid to realize this then there is no point having any further discussion.

Reactions: Joe MorrisonLives
Serious question, would any of these transfers make the two or three deep on the taters? It's an honest question and I think it illustrates how far we have fallen. And if you believe any of them would, please name them.
So why are we now comparing a 2-8 teams class to a top 5 team? If we were at the same place as Clem5on that would make sense.

So why are we now comparing a 2-8 teams class to a top 5 team? If we were at the same place as Clem5on that would make sense.
It's pointing out how we are hitching our hopes to transfers that wouldn't even make the three deep at our rival, excuse me if I can't get too excited about them.

It's pointing out how we are hitching our hopes to transfers that wouldn't even make the three deep at our rival, excuse me if I can't get too excited about them.
I am not hitching my hopes to tgem, they do provide immediate help which is what we need. If we were still doing this in year 3 it would make sense to be worried, but our coach literally started 9 days before the early signing period. Again, list the HS recruits that were available that could provide more immediate help than the transfers.

47, that is the number heading into this season of True Freshman and redshirt Freshman. This is another reason why so many transfers were brought in, who can help. It's really not that hard to figure out.

I am not hitching my hopes to tgem, they do provide immediate help which is what we need. If we were still doing this in year 3 it would make sense to be worried, but our coach literally started 9 days before the early signing period. Again, list the HS recruits that were available that could provide more immediate help than the transfers.
Immediate help is a relative term I suppose. I'm not claiming there were other guys to go after, rather that the depths of chaos in us signing a competitive class have reached new lows. That's not on Beamer, that's on this admin letting a wound bleed for way too long.

47, that is the number heading into this season of True Freshman and redshirt Freshman. This is another reason why so many transfers were brought in, who can help. It's really not that hard to figure out.
Can help in what degree? Ensure we can continue to beat Vandy? I'm just saying don't get your hopes up that these transfers are going to suddenly having us competing against the top half of this league. We are in a deep hole that is going to take multiple solid classes in the future to dig out of. We better hope they improve and improve dramatically, quickly!

Can help in what degree? Ensure we can continue to beat Vandy? I'm just saying don't get your hopes up that these transfers are going to suddenly having us competing against the top half of this league. We are in a deep hole that is going to take multiple solid classes in the future to dig out of.

We really are not in as deep of a hole as you think. Coaching has been hurting us the last few years. There are a ton of talent guys on the roster who have not been coached or developed properly. The transfers we brought in met a need of depth and guys we can contribute right away. If we brought in all HS guys this year instead of recruits you are looking at 55 Freshman or Redshirt freshman on the roster. That number hurts our future classes. No one expecting us to keep for the East in the next two years. I do expect 6-7 wins next year.

We really are not in as deep of a hole as you think. Coaching has been hurting us the last few years. There are a ton of talent guys on the roster who have not been coached or developed properly. The transfers we brought in met a need of depth and guys we can contribute right away. If we brought in all HS guys this year instead of recruits you are looking at 55 Freshman or Redshirt freshman on the roster. That number hurts our future classes. No one expecting us to keep for the East in the next two years. I do expect 6-7 wins next year.
Oh we are in a deep hole, trust me. If you think for a minute we will be competing with Georgia or Clemson anytime soon you are delusional. We squandered a 5 straight win streak against the taters and are staring at 10-12 years of futility against them. Do you disagree with that statement?

Oh we are in a deep hole, trust me. If you think for a minute we will be competing with Georgia or Clemson anytime soon you are delusional. We squandered a 5 straight win streak against the taters and are starting at 10-12 years of futility against them. Do you disagree with that statement?

You have not built up a lot of "trust" with your posts. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't we just beat Uga 2 years ago? Point being we have talent, it needs to be developed. We are not that far when you actually look at the roster. We have 5* guys who are ready to break out, Burch, Lloyd, and other highly recruited guys, Pickens, Wonnum, Smith, Powers, ect. Again we are a few years away from competing for the East, but 6-7 wins is very possible.

Reactions: WingchunCock
You have not built up a lot of "trust" with your posts. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't we just beat Uga 2 years ago? Point being we have talent, it needs to be developed. We are not that far when you actually look at the roster. We have 5* guys who are ready to break out, Burch, Lloyd, and other highly recruited guys, Pickens, Wonnum, Smith, Powers, ect. Again we are a few years away from competing for the East, but 6-7 wins is very possible.
A "few years" from competing for the east, talk about building up "trust". That's insane, and when do we get competitive with the taters again, is that on the horizon with the direction we are trending? Consider we might have 1 -2 players on our entire roster that would start on either GA or Clemson, that's a fact.

A "few years" from competing for the east, talk about building up "trust". That's insane, and when do we get competitive with the taters again, is that on the horizon with the direction we are trending? Consider we might have 1 -2 players on our entire roster that would start on either GA or Clemson, that's a fact.

It's cool, go back to being a negative about everything, Lord knows we don't have enough of that around here. Your last comment proves you really don't have a clue. Many of our players were recruited by both, and could be playing for Uga and Clemson. Again a lack of development, and opportunity for some. That should change this year. BTW in 2017 finished 2nd in the East....

Yet we still beat UGA two years ago with a roster full of people who wouldn’t start for them.... funny how that works.

It's cool, go back to being a negative about everything, Lord knows we don't have enough of that around here. Your last comment proves you really don't have a clue. Many of our players were recruited by both, and could be playing for Uga and Clemson. Again a lack of development, and opportunity for some. That should change this year. BTW in 2017 finished 2nd in the East....
So names the ones on our roster that would start for either program right now. Don't base it on some future hope of development, that's a guess on anyone's part. As of today, who on our roster would start for them?

Can help in what degree?
Help keep us from going 2-8 and getting boat raced by 1/2 of the SEC. 🙂

No one knows what impact those transfer will have. We'll have to wait until 2-3 games into next season.

There are likely to be a lot of new names on the field for USC come Sept.

So names the ones on our roster that would start for either program right now. Don't base it on some future hope of development, that's a guess on anyone's part. As of today, who on our roster would start for them?
Pickens, Burch, Llyod, JJ (one of the SEC sack leaders) Wonnum, Douglas, Gwynm

😂😂😂 so these players would start on GA or Clemson's d-line and Lloyd over their stable of running backs?. Wow you really don't have a clue.

Outside of Etianne, I would take Harris and Llyod, forgot to add Harris. Burch flashed in limited action and will make a impact this year. The three Olinmen I mentioned are all top SEC guys. But again, keep thinking you know better, Al.

Outside of Etianne, I would take Harris and Llyod, forgot to add Harris. Burch flashed in limited action and will make a impact this year. The three Olinmen I mentioned are all top SEC guys. But again, keep thinking you know better, Al.
So I'm guessing all these top SEC olineman HAD to be at least second team all SEC right?

And remind me how Lloyd has performed in a real game, get you would take him over proven guys. I'm assuming Burch would take Miles Murphy or Brian Breese's spot. 😂😂

So I'm guessing all these top SEC olineman HAD to be at least second team all SEC right?

And remind me how Lloyd has performed in a real game, get you would take him over proven guys. I'm assuming Burch would take Miles Murphy or Brian Breese's spot. 😂😂
Those Lineman helped get us on of the top rushers in the SEC, Funny you skip over Harris..... Your Purple is showing.

Those Lineman helped get us on of the top rushers in the SEC, Funny you skip over Harris..... Your Purple is showing.
No I'm looking at reality. So tell me again when will we be competitive with them, since we have 6-7 guys who would start for them we have to be able to beat them in the next few years right?

New Vanderbilt coach Clark Lea wrapped up his first recruiting class Wednesday.

In December, he signed the bulk of the class two days after being hired, and they were mostly players committed to fired coach Derek Mason. He finished it Wednesday by signing four players.

Google is a great source.
Vanderbilt is a high academic school in which the large majority of there players are there for the education not Derek Mason, thus retaining their 35 ranked class. Muschamp's class was ranked 51 I believe right before he was fired, that was with 16 commitments. 6 of those decommitted after he was fired leaving Beamer with 10 committed recruits 2 weeks before signing day, during a dead period, and no on campus visits. Keep in mind that at that point in time the large majority of recruits were ready to sign and had already built relationships with their future coaches so it's not like there was a lot of available recruits out there.

So Beamer had two choices, go out and try to find the best available high school and JC players which by all accords would have been low to mid 3 star players or go to the transfer portal which does not reflect in the recruiting rankings. Considering the shape Muschamp left this program he opted for the portal in order to find players that can come in and fill gaps in several positions of need. This move cost us in the class rankings signing only 13 players, the smallest class since 2002, but it does help our chances to win this season which helps recruiting in 2022.

Reactions: Flameout12
All of you guys being negative, and we haven’t had Spring practice, have only had some of the new guys on campus for a couple of weeks, haven’t had summer workouts, haven’t had guys extensively in the S/C and nutrition programs, won’t have some guys here until Summer....and you’re already writing the season off.

I don’t know how good the new guys will be, I’m hoping they do well. Some of them are certainly intriguing.

What I do know, is for whatever reason some of our players, highly touted or not, have underperformed. Get those guys playing at a higher level, get our new guys playing at a higher level, change schemes, see what happens.

Ya bunch of f***ing crybabies. Boo-hooing because the St Francis guys or the other new guys wouldn’t play for Clemson...hate to burst your bubble, but I can count on a few fingers the guys we’ve had since the 2013 season ended who MIGHT get playing time at Clemson.

It’s nothing new. We have a lot of ground to make up, have to start somewhere. Good news is, we have some old and new pieces to work around. I’m interested to see what a staff that’s hungry from the top down can do.

Reactions: WingchunCock
All of you guys being negative, and we haven’t had Spring practice, have only had some of the new guys on campus for a couple of weeks, haven’t had summer workouts, haven’t had guys extensively in the S/C and nutrition programs, won’t have some guys here until Summer....and you’re already writing the season off.

I don’t know how good the new guys will be, I’m hoping they do well. Some of them are certainly intriguing.

What I do know, is for whatever reason some of our players, highly touted or not, have underperformed. Get those guys playing at a higher level, get our new guys playing at a higher level, change schemes, see what happens.

Ya bunch of f***ing crybabies. Boo-hooing because the St Francis guys or the other new guys wouldn’t play for Clemson...hate to burst your bubble, but I can count on a few fingers the guys we’ve had since the 2013 season ended who MIGHT get playing time at Clemson.

It’s nothing new. We have a lot of ground to make up, have to start somewhere. Good news is, we have some old and new pieces to work around. I’m interested to see what a staff that’s hungry from the top down can do.
OH no no....we don't need them in the S/C or nutrition program to be good. Remember...6'8 and running a 4.5. Where else do you go from there?
Remember the stance that has been taken: we're taking these D2 guys because they're fully matured, and play-ready right now coming in from other institutions. We are supposedly avoiding having to put on the 10-15 lbs. of muscle a HS recruit would need to put on before playing....and going with immediate play-ready guys from D2 schools. That is the logic, and that is what you and many others are arguing. We will see how it goes.

OH no no....we don't need them in the S/C or nutrition program to be good. Remember...6'8 and running a 4.5. Where else do you go from there?
Remember the stance that has been taken: we're taking these D2 guys because they're fully matured, and play-ready right now coming in from other institutions. We are supposedly avoiding having to put on the 10-15 lbs. of muscle a HS recruit would need to put on before playing....and going with immediate play-ready guys from D2 schools. That is the logic, and that is what you and many others are arguing. We will see how it goes.
No, what has been said is they provide immediate depth. Keep moving the goalposts

It will be interesting to see if any of these transfers who have been given a “second chance” would choose to sit out a bowl game should one happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT