ADVERTISEMENT

Any Clowney haters today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get where you're coming from but it seems that your argument is different from what is going on in the NFL.

A directive from the boss about the content and quantity of my work is different from me disobeying a "should" statement about company policy in the company rulebook. If the boss told me I "shouldn't" wear the clothes I was currently wearing, I would investigate to see if there was cause for my boss' directive, and ignore him/her at my own peril.

This part of the argument is beside the point, however. Some folks are offended by the conduct of the kneelers, so they are using everything they can to prove that this behavior is somehow illegal, against company policy, etc. because they are offended.

The context of the policy is pretty clear. It is an expectation, not a suggestion. Just like a company policy that says that employees should leave all weapons at home. Not a suggestion.

People are offended because it IS offensive for anyone that understands basic human decency. When time is set aside to pay tribute to people to have sacrificed for others, it is offensive to hijack that time to raise "awareness" for whatever your agenda may be.

Reactions: Jpcooper
I think one thing that gets lost in the "poor NFL players making millions aren't oppressed, they're not slaves, so they need to behave" is that in many cases (maybe most) they're protesting not because they themselves are oppressed, but because they have a a platform and they believe it important to use that platform on behalf of those they believe to be oppressed.

Big difference.

Also, these sort of arguments tend to get so warped by those with agendas (on all sides) that nobody knows who stands for what anymore.

Divide and conquer, keep folks arguing over symbols and skin color and partisan politics.

Go Gamecocks, dammit.

So, you board a flight. As soon as it's in the air, the flight attendents put on hats or shirts representing some cause that you're 100% against. Maybe it's pro abortion or pro life. Are you OK with that? What would you do?

Real shame ole Freddie B Cocky hasn't weighed in yet. He was hilarious last Friday with all his talk of reigning shit down on people he didn't deem patriotic and having them eat "shit filled Christmas turkeys" or some such. Fascinating guy.

Well, I'm weighing in now! People that cannot stand for the National Anthem and respect the flag for a few seconds or minutes, I say SHIT ON THEM. There are thousands and thousands of people that die to give us all that right. And if we can't respect that then SHIT ON THEM (the people that won't stand). Is that clear enough?

Again, what do their salaries have to do with anything? Makes me wonder.

Because they are nothing more than entertainers who's income depends on regular people spending their hard earned money to be entertained for a few hours watching their sorry disrespectful asses play a game that who wins the game is totally insignificant in the world we live in.

"Figure of speech"... "locker room talk"... they are clever. Meanwhile, we MAGA on... Manafort And Gates Arrested.
And they were charged with all of charges they no one is charged with and from a period of 06 to 014 and nothing to do with made up collusion. If anybody colluded it was DNC and all their leaders, the DOJ and the CIA. You don't want to hang your hat on that. Do you really want to judge everybody on every word they say? Would you like to be followed around and recorded and have some reporter edit what you say so a whole group can then be offended of some off the wall comment you said?

Reactions: cockofdawn
If your boss came to you and said you "should" get something done by end of day, would you consider it optional?
That would depend on if it was something pertaining to my job. If I work in accounting and he says I should call my mom by the end of the day I'm going to consider that optional.

The context of the policy is pretty clear. It is an expectation, not a suggestion. Just like a company policy that says that employees should leave all weapons at home. Not a suggestion.

People are offended because it IS offensive for anyone that understands basic human decency. When time is set aside to pay tribute to people to have sacrificed for others, it is offensive to hijack that time to raise "awareness" for whatever your agenda may be.
Fair enough. I certainly understand that some people feel that way about the flag. I am someone who shows my own respect and is willing to accept that others feel differently.

In America - as a citizen - we are not required to salute, agree with, genuflect, or anything else towards anyone or anything in this country. And that freedom has its roots in throwing off monarchs and despots who ruled the world for at least 1000 years until our crew came along and changed that.

Again however, you're changing the debate when you get into the "what someone does at work argument." One may willingly sacrifice certain rights in different occupations. The courts decide when corporations go to far - and their decision is not based on emotion and what is offensive to some. If we let human emotions define what is right and what is expected, we are lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: funktavious
They work for him. If his statement is too harsh, they can call it quits. I seriously doubt that any will.
So because someone is the boss, that gives them free license to offend? How far does that go? All the way to Weinstein? I doubt you'd feel the same about a boss who uses a "figure of speech" to define you in a way that you don't appreciate.

Well, I'm weighing in now! People that cannot stand for the National Anthem and respect the flag for a few seconds or minutes, I say SHIT ON THEM. There are thousands and thousands of people that die to give us all that right. And if we can't respect that then SHIT ON THEM (the people that won't stand). Is that clear enough?
Clowney, too? Are you going to change your avatar?

Reactions: dixie_cock
Do you really want to judge everybody on every word they say? Would you like to be followed around and recorded and have some reporter edit what you say so a whole group can then be offended of some off the wall comment you said?
Do you feel the same way about Hillary?

And they were charged with all of charges they no one is charged with and from a period of 06 to 014 and nothing to do with made up collusion.
So, you haven't read the charges, you are repeating Fox Fake News. SAD!

Oh, I am definitely going to do that. I am currently thinking about who are what to replace it with.
Still0224_00002_1487992194367_8688036_ver1.0.jpg

This thread is hilarious. United States of the offended, no doubt. Nobody gave a damn about what happened during the national anthem until a black player took a knee.

So you think the only reason people are angry is because they are black.Black has nothing to do with the situation. I don't care if they are white, black, or green martians, not standing for the anthem is disrespectful.

Really? That's the example you use for police brutality? Someone who ran and fought with a cop and ended up getting shot?

Slager didn't shoot him because he was black. He shot him because he panicked what was a very dangerous situation for the cop to be in with a criminal that has just committed a felony.

No sympathy. Sometimes you get what you ask for. Wanna fight with a police officer? You might get shot.

Really? That's the example you use for police brutality? Someone who ran and fought with a cop and ended up getting shot?

Slager didn't shoot him because he was black. He shot him because he panicked what was a very dangerous situation for the cop to be in with a criminal that has just committed a felony.

No sympathy. Sometimes you get what you ask for. Wanna fight with a police officer? You might get shot.
Okay okay we want use that one, What about the other one?? Michael Brown??

No you haven't read the charges and have been looking at CNN hate Trump network. Look at the dates and notice that they are before any campaign or election. You will believe anything the hate mongers write.
Here's a link to the indictment. On the first page, you will notice "to hide Ukranian payments from United States authorities, from approximately 2006 through at least 2016."

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...ment-paul-manafort-rick-gates-indictment.html

Feel free to read further into the indictment. Educate yourself. Also, don't forget to read up on the Low Level GOOD GUY(link in tweet below).

Thanks for playing.

Personally I don't hate on anyone. Clowney is misinformed like most of them. They can't see the forest for the trees. Their protest is so counter productive.

If the very people who pay their salaries don't want them taking a knee, or sitting during the National Anthem, then they need to stand. This is all about money, if the owners don't make it, the players don't either. It's really that simple. And as of right now the players are eroding their boss' (the owners) ability to make money.

NFL players have ample time to protest and make a difference in their own time and in the off season yet they don't. The NFL has now allowed the playing field to be a political platform. HUGE HUGE HUGE mistake.

This post is chock-full of FAKE NEWS.

No you haven't read the charges and have been looking at CNN hate Trump network. Look at the dates and notice that they are before any campaign or election. You will believe anything the hate mongers write.
When you read the words "High Ranking Campaign Official", please understand it refers to the Trump Campaign. Also, please note the date...
TICK TOCK.

This thread is hilarious. United States of the offended, no doubt. Nobody gave a damn about what happened during the national anthem until a black player took a knee.

IMO, race didn't have anything to do with it. Honestly, I didn't even know what race Kaepernick was/is when this started. While I find it disrespectful to sit or kneel during the anthem, I find it offensive to be used as instrument of protest. While I acknowledge their rights to do it, I am exercising mine in making sure they don't see another of my advertising dollars.

And to those saying this isn't a protest against the flag or the US...""I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game."

Those same thousands also died for our right to peacefully protest, no matter if we agree with the manner of protest.

Reactions: Jpcooper and DC-99
Here's a link to the indictment. On the first page, you will notice "to hide Ukranian payments from United States authorities, from approximately 2006 through at least 2016."

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...ment-paul-manafort-rick-gates-indictment.html

Feel free to read further into the indictment. Educate yourself. Also, don't forget to read up on the Low Level GOOD GUY(link in tweet below).

Thanks for playing.

Easy now Dirty - you just linked the failing NY Times. Sad! You know they aren't allowed to read that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT