ADVERTISEMENT

Any word on the new offensive line coach???

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
Seeing how the NFL is done and half the league's coaches will be looking for new jobs...

Still not sold on Eric Wolford after 1 season at Carolina...

I really hope Boom doesn't take the easy way out and hire a friend - it's early yet, but I'm weary of how things are going to work out offensively moving forward with at least one familiarity hire (not a complaint or criticism yet - just a watchful concern). I hope he scours the coaching ranks and gets us the best available, PERIOD!

Last edited:
I really hope Boom doesn't take the easy way out and hire a friend - it's early yet, but I'm weary of how things are going to work out offensively moving forward with at least one familiarity hire (not a complaint or criticism yet - just a watchful concern). I hope he scours the coaching ranks and gets us the best available, PERIOD!

Like who? Who's the friend you think he's looking to hire???

Charlie Weis???

Wow... that would be a rock star hire! He was shit as a HC, but if we got a name like that to be OL coach, with his experience, his resume, his cache... we'd have to pay him as much as we pay Boom! LOL. Ahhh we can dream though...

Not everyone is cut out to be a head coach, but some coaches are better coaching players directly...

I think we need a offensive line coach who not only can coach, but recruit better line players...

Considering the schools he has worked for, that probably isn't a bad thing to do. Bama, Texas, Florida and Auburn aren't known for hiring too many bad coaches.

Reactions: Tigerof66
Hire someone his OL would run through hell for with gasoline draws on, not another guy who jumps around and slaps his players trying to motivate them.

Secrets out, Thornwell resigned from Basketball and will be named new OL coach.

offensive line coach Mike Summers and Tennessee quality control coach Walt Wells have interviewed for the position.

Godfrey also reports that the Gamecocks have interviewed San Francisco 49ers assistant offensive line coach Eric Wolford for the position.

Follow
Steven Godfrey @38Godfrey

Source to @SBNationCFB - South Carolina has interviewed Eric Wolford (49ers), Mike Summers (UF) and Walt Wells (Tenn QC) for vacant OL job.
1:03 PM - 2 Jan 2017

Summers served under Muschamp on the 2014 Florida coaching staff and was retained by current Gators coach Jim McElwain.

Wolford is a former South Carolina offensive line coach who worked under Steve Spurrier and may be looking for a new job after the 49ers have parted ways with head coach Chip Kelly

offensive line coach Mike Summers and Tennessee quality control coach Walt Wells have interviewed for the position.

Godfrey also reports that the Gamecocks have interviewed San Francisco 49ers assistant offensive line coach Eric Wolford for the position."]

I can understand Wells wanting to get away from Jones

Last edited:

Godfrey also reports that the Gamecocks have interviewed San Francisco 49ers assistant offensive line coach Eric Wolford for the position.

Follow
Steven Godfrey @38Godfrey

Source to @SBNationCFB - South Carolina has interviewed Eric Wolford (49ers), Mike Summers (UF) and Walt Wells (Tenn QC) for vacant OL job.
1:03 PM - 2 Jan 2017

Summers served under Muschamp on the 2014 Florida coaching staff and was retained by current Gators coach Jim McElwain.

Wolford is a former South Carolina offensive line coach who worked under Steve Spurrier and may be looking for a new job after the 49ers have parted ways with head coach Chip Kelly

Not impressed with any of them...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT