ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone been watching the ESPN 150 years of college football documentaries?

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
I watched one last night that discussed the evolution of what amounts to now as the College Playoff System.

What was interesting to me was some of the games they showed in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s I happened to remember very well. I personally watched many of them at the time they were played. But some of the commentators were talking about them as if they were ancient history and in terms of the college football world, I guess they were. But to me it was as if they were played last Saturday, boy does time fly. LOL!

Reactions: howard13
I have watched a lot of it and it has been excellent. I know what you mean about the old games. I remember watching Oklahoma play Nebraska in 1971. It seems like it was yesterday. not 48 years ago.

I watched every second of that game on TV. It was one heck of a game and for decades it was referred to as the game of the century. I guess it was the game of the century in that century. But there are many many games that could be called the game of the century during last century as well as this century. Just because teams may not have be ranked #1 and #2 does not mean there have not been equally great games played.

Last edited:
I seen one so far. Actually only caught the second half it. It was very good. It was about football and television. Hope to catch the whole thing at some point.

I watched one last night that discussed the evolution of what amounts to now as the College Playoff System.

What was interesting to me was some of the games they showed in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s I happened to remember very well. I personally watched many of them at the time they were played. But some of the commentators were talking about them as if they were ancient history and in terms of the college football world, I guess they were. But to me it was as if they were played last Saturday, boy does time fly. LOL!

I watched the Saturday's in the South series about the SEC that is part of this for the SEC Network. It was very interesting. But have to say sad too. The way African American players were treated for so many years in the south is disgraceful and gut punching when you hear the stories. We have come a long way yet still have a long way to go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT