ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone going to Def Lepard/Journey concert?

i know Steve Perry is gone which is a shame. I saw a piece about his replacement. I guess he is pretty good. I get my kids T-shirt’s from these concerts. So they walk around with Hall and Oats, REO Speedwagon, Chicago and Steely Dan T-shirt’s.

I’ve been several times previously and the scenery is nice ;) !
Def used to tour with poison too.
I’m not big on the hair band scene as a whole
But entertainment is entertainment

i know Steve Perry is gone which is a shame. I saw a piece about his replacement. I guess he is pretty good. I get my kids T-shirt’s from these concerts. So they walk around with Hall and Oats, REO Speedwagon, Chicago and Steely Dan T-shirt’s.
Dude, Perry has been gone for a long, long time. ;) He left for good after Trial By Fire (1996). Journey has been through a few lead singers since, with the current being Arnel Pineda. I've seen them two or three times with Arnel. He's pretty doggone good. He's no Steve Perry - but then, there will NEVER be another "voice". I got to see Journey only once with Perry, I'm sad to say.

Anyways, yes, the wife and I will be going Thursday night! Looking forward to it! I can't afford the T-shirts anymore though - LOL!!

Dude, Perry has been gone for a long, long time. ;) He left for good after Trial By Fire (1996). Journey has been through a few lead singers since, with the current being Arnel Pineda. I've seen them two or three times with Arnel. He's pretty doggone good. He's no Steve Perry - but then, there will NEVER be another "voice". I got to see Journey only once with Perry, I'm sad to say.

Anyways, yes, the wife and I will be going Thursday night! Looking forward to it! I can't afford the T-shirts anymore though - LOL!!
It's Wednesday night. ;)

Reactions: 92Pony

WOW No wonder those tickets I got for Thursday night were so cheap. :)

Saw them in Atlanta in July. I thought it was a very good show. Second time with the new Journey singer (I did see Journey with Steve Perry at the Carolina Coliseum in 1981) and first time for Def Leppard.

I was thinking after this show, "What does it mean when the 'new' singer has gray hair?" Certainly it's not me getting older.

Saw them in Atlanta in July. I thought it was a very good show. Second time with the new Journey singer (I did see Journey with Steve Perry at the Carolina Coliseum in 1981) and first time for Def Leppard.

I was thinking after this show, "What does it mean when the 'new' singer has gray hair?" Certainly it's not me getting older.
I was at the same Journey show in 1981. Steve Perry was phenomenal.

Pineda's story is pretty amazing...He pretty much grew up in the slums of Minilla and formed a cover band in his teens. Neil Schon ran across one of their performances on YouTube and contacted him asking if he would like to sing in the real band Journey. Dude went from a 3rd world county to international stardom overnight and he didn't even speak English. There is a great documentary on Amazon detailing his story.

Yeah, I saw behind the music where he said he didn’t feel well. That was awhile ago. Not surprisingly I am having hard time getting a friend to join me to see Judas Priest. Another great voice

I was there too....Still have a ticket stub for $12.50 ticket price.....Those were the days....

I saw The Doobie Brothers right after Michael McDonald joined them at Carolina Coliseum. It was awesome. Tickets were $12.00! My how times have changed.

My brother and his wife saw Chicago + Earth, Wind, and Fire in Phoenix. It was one show with each band performing back-2-back, then they both played a while with both bands on stage at the same time. He said it was the greatest concert he's ever seen. That was maybe 4-5 years ago, obviously before Maurice White passed away.

I know each generation has it's music that they adore, but man, the bands of the 70's and 80's put the ones who are popular today to shame. The bands of the 70's and 80's were all great musicians/performers, and many have lasted over the decades. I don't see the current rappers performing on stage when they are in their 60's. I guess I could be wrong. That happened one time if I recall.

Saw Journey last year in Greenville with Asia opening the show.
Saw Journey in 86 with Glass Tiger opening up in Columbia. And before the concert saw USC beat WF. What a great day that was.

I have a staff meeting Thursday at 9 AM or I would probably pop over and see them. I worked both bands in the 80s at the Coliseum.

Saw Journey last year in Greenville with Asia opening the show.
Saw Journey in 86 with Glass Tiger opening up in Columbia. And before the concert saw USC beat WF. What a great day that was.
Ha! Yep, I was at that show (Journey '86). I bought tickets the afternoon of the show. I called the WNOK radio station and asked if they had any tix they would sell to me ( I don't know why I didn't call the box office or just go to it - I was 17 and didn't know anything I guess). They said they didn't have any they would sell to me. But I left my number, and he called me a little later with a pair of tix that "someone" had for sale. :)

I have a sad story. I won 2 tix from local radio station several mos. ago. Now I can`t find them - have been looking for a week. They are not where I usually put things like that. Have looked several places repeatedly hoping they will magically turn up. About to give up. Not gonna pay for a concert that I had free tix too. WIll just have to play what I have. Stuff like that happens when you get old!

Ha! Yep, I was at that show (Journey '86). I bought tickets the afternoon of the show. I called the WNOK radio station and asked if they had any tix they would sell to me ( I don't know why I didn't call the box office or just go to it - I was 17 and didn't know anything I guess). They said they didn't have any they would sell to me. But I left my number, and he called me a little later with a pair of tix that "someone" had for sale. :)
I was 17 too. O MY GOD ARE WE THE SAME PERSON !!!!!!!! Lol

Yeah, I saw behind the music where he said he didn’t feel well. That was awhile ago. Not surprisingly I am having hard time getting a friend to join me to see Judas Priest. Another great voice
Judas Priest in Cola.?? When???

Just curious.

I have a sad story. I won 2 tix from local radio station several mos. ago. Now I can`t find them - have been looking for a week. They are not where I usually put things like that. Have looked several places repeatedly hoping they will magically turn up. About to give up. Not gonna pay for a concert that I had free tix too. WIll just have to play what I have. Stuff like that happens when you get old!
Ugh! Sorry to hear that.

I remember once my Dad had a pair of tix for The Oak Ridge Boys in Columbia. He had the tix in his pants pocket, and my Mom washed the pants. :eek:. I think they took the remnants to the box office and got a pair of replacement tickets.
Good luck with your search! I hope you find them! (Maybe, just maybe the radio station could help in some way if you told them your story?)

Reactions: SCexpat38

I know man. I kinda feel your pain. Won $100 on a scratchoff in 2016, still haven't figured out where I hid it.

Bob Dylan's coming to Savannah. I want to see that show.

Charlotte,Sept 11
Kewl. Might hafta check 'em out! Last time I saw them was like in 84 in Charlotte. In fact, I think they've even got newer (younger that is) guitarist as opposed to their original guys.

Electric Eye is STILL awesome!...

Arnel IS Journey and has been for over 15 years.

If you’re going tonight, you’re going to see Journey. Steve Perry hasn’t been with Journey for 22 years now.

Reactions: Gaimcock
Funny story...I wanted to go see Boston with my friends back in 78 or 79 but had to work. At the last minute I worked it out so I could be off that night so I called the local record store to get tickets (Yeah..that's how it was done back then) and ask for a single ticket just so I could hang out with my buddies! Ended up with 3rd row center stage for that show! My buddies were in the nose bleed section and were some kinda pissed. Great memories from those days.....

Funny story...I wanted to go see Boston with my friends back in 78 or 79 but had to work. At the last minute I worked it out so I could be off that night so I called the local record store to get tickets (Yeah..that's how it was done back then) and ask for a single ticket just so I could hang out with my buddies! Ended up with 3rd row center stage for that show! My buddies were in the nose bleed section and were some kinda pissed. Great memories from those days.....

Awesome story.

I love me some Boston.

If you’re going tonight, you’re going to see Journey. Steve Perry hasn’t been with Journey for 22 years now.

Even if you don't care for Arnel,Neil schon is worth the price of admission.

Without Steve Perry? Don't think so. One can replace most any other band member (outside of a Keith Richards in the Stones, or someone of that ilk) and it doesn't matter. But when you replace the main singer, and front guy, for the band you just get the feeling that you are watching a real good cover band, no matter how good the new guy is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT