ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone see a trend?

uscjunkie36

Aug 21, 2009
Every year this basketball team collapses at the end of the year. How do you have a BASKETBALL TEAM that has nobody that can shoot the ball but one guy? Maybe a little less emphasis on defense and a little more on getting some offensive players. Every single year Frank's teams play so hard on defense and by the end of the year they look slow and worn out! Then they can't play defense worth a crap or shoot the ball because their legs are gone! Learn from your mistakes Frank because this has become a trend!

I agree buddy, but with a top 30 RPI, its hard to argue against Frank's philosophy with only one good player. We have a really solid resume, and this loss actually keeps us away from a scorching hot Vandy in their home city. We still earned a double bye in our conference tourney and will be fighting for a 7 to 9 seed in Big Dance, so let's let it play out. The MSU win put us in. Book it.

Every year this basketball team collapses at the end of the year. How do you have a BASKETBALL TEAM that has nobody that can shoot the ball but one guy? Maybe a little less emphasis on defense and a little more on getting some offensive players. Every single year Frank's teams play so hard on defense and by the end of the year they look slow and worn out! Then they can't play defense worth a crap or shoot the ball because their legs are gone! Learn from your mistakes Frank because this has become a trend!

As long as Frank Martin is the coach, the emphasis will be defense. If you want an offensive coach, then you want a different coach. That's what he does. You can't tell Frank Martin to be an offensive-minded coach any more than you can tell Will Crowe he needs to play left field and provide some power at the plate.

I might add it does put us in the Kentucky cross hairs, but all we need to do is get to semis to secure a 7. Lose 1st round, and we could fall to the dreaded 10 seed or 11 seed play in game. JMO

I might add it does put us in the Kentucky cross hairs, but all we need to do is get to semis to secure a 7. Lose 1st round, and we could fall to the dreaded 10 seed or 11 seed play in game. JMO

One game is not the difference between three or four seed lines, lol.

I only said that because we havent exactly been impressive the last month, but I think committee needs to recognize how difficult this league is. Very underrated. I am just concerned about the perception factor of one and done.

I only said that because we havent exactly been impressive the last month, but I think committee needs to recognize how difficult this league is. Very underrated. I am just concerned about the perception factor of one and done.

Conference tournament games matter much, MUCH less than most people give them credit for, when it comes to NCAA tourney status. The work is done in the regular season. A big win or two in a conference tourney MIGHT move a team up one seed line. Unless it's a loss to a really awful team, then a loss doesn't really hurt, except losing the opportunity to try to move up.

If we can make the SEC tourney finals we should definitely be a 7 or possibly a 6 depending how the other teams play out.

Avoiding the dreaded 8/9 would be nice!

If we can make the SEC tourney finals we should definitely be a 7 or possibly a 6 depending how the other teams play out.

Avoiding the dreaded 8/9 would be nice!

The more I look at it and think about it, I think they may have to win the whole thing to move up to a 6. Just too many teams ahead of them. Certainly, not only would they have to make the finals, but they would need to beat Kentucky (in other words, you would not want Kentucky to get upset in the quarters.)

The more I look at it and think about it, I think they may have to win the whole thing to move up to a 6. Just too many teams ahead of them. Certainly, not only would they have to make the finals, but they would need to beat Kentucky (in other words, you would not want Kentucky to get upset in the quarters.)

Yeah it's probably wishful thinking and I'm jumping the gun assuming we do get a coveted first round NCAA win but would much rather face a #2 or #3 or possibly a team that got the upset rather than the guaranteed #1 matchup. Got faith in our guys the talent is there just gotta get our heads right.

thank you fighting cock. Just trying to guard myself against that heartbreak again. Only this time, there is .01 chance we dont get in. Just cant see that at all. Weak bubble out there. We are an Fn tough team to face. I'm not so sure getting away from the familiar SEC won't be exactly what this team needs to flourish. Just sayin' familiarity breeds alot of things negative. Been trying to explain this to idiot Taters regarding football for what seems like 100 years.

I think the point behind my post was missed. The level of defense Frank requires is a leg killer throughout the season. Anyone who has ever played the game knows that when your legs go so does your outside shot. If anyone has watched this team the last month can tell their legs are gone. Outside shots look horrible and even the vaunted Frank Martin defense has looked terrible since the Alabama game. When Thornwell leaves heaven help us!

Reactions: Tmoney1985
Get over it...we are not a football school nor a basketball school...we hang are hats on w bball and baseball

After last year, I too am nervous that last night's loss is setting us up for another disappointing selection Sunday if we go one-and-done again in Nashville. But for what it's worth, http://bracketmatrix.com/ has us at an average seed of 7.4. We are IN in all of the 100+ brackets on that site right now. I agree Frank definitely needs to recruit some shooters. Hopefully with more depth next year PJ, Felder, and Gravett will get their shooting legs back which will make things easier. Right now, our only productive big (Silva) isn't reliable because he can't stay out of foul trouble. And teams have figured out that if you can get Silva to the bench, all you need to do to stifle us is collapse on Sind and force someone else to make a play. As we saw last night, the more we have to rely on Kotsar and McKie playing big minutes, the worse we are. Here's hoping the 6-day layoff will have the boys fresh in Nashville. Would be nice to make the weekend for once!

Sorry i didn't see this before i started another thread on the exact same thing...Hard Rock Frank has worn this team slap out...We don't have the depth to go thru tough practices this late in the season...You can play all the defenses you want...But if you can't put the ball in the basket, you wont win very much in this sport

Actually, Frank's teams were more competitive towards the end of the SEC schedule, until last season.

The last two years have seen them finish on a downturn.

Reactions: DirtyCock99
I agree that they are worn out--no legs equals no shot. Unfortunately the bench is so weak that amps up the problem Unless we regain our legs we will not win another game this year but I feel we will be much deeper next season even with loss of Sin

We will make ths tourney. But, i would rather be a 6 or 7 seed than a 8 or 9 seed. Look for us to be a 8 seed and if we get by our 1st round. We will get stuck playing a 1 seed like Kansas.

I believe we are in, no matter what at this point. But it would not surprise me at all to see us as a 10 or 11 and the lowest seeded SEC team if we lose in the first round of the SEC.

I figure we are solidly in, but that's about it. This team is very lucky that they played in an SEC that was down this year. The only problem with that is that it seems many of the other teams that started off lower than is have improved as the year has gone on. Not sure we have. Built up a good record early, and have been hanging on for the last month. Regardless, this team is probably one and done once they get there. Was a good year to be in this conference. If USC were still in the ACC, this team would be trolling down there with the Clemsons and Pitts of that league.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT