ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone watch the SD State vs Montana State football game yesterday?

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
The game was played at Montana State. The setting surrounding the stadium was so pretty it looked like someone had painted a backdrop and used it as a fake setting. The surrounding area of the stadium was absolutely gorgeous.

Last edited:
Reactions: jonesz21
We watched a little of it. The neighbors on both sides of us are MSU fans, one of them season ticket holders. I would not be surprised if they make the trip to Frisco, Tx in a few weeks.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
My hunting trips to ND has me wanting to move there. But now I'm thinking SD may be my final stop. Haven't been to Montana yet. Got a buddy out there, everything looks amazing in the photos. You know what the best part about the photos are, there's no people in the background! Haha.

My hunting trips to ND has me wanting to move there. But now I'm thinking SD may be my final stop. Haven't been to Montana yet. Got a buddy out there, everything looks amazing in the photos. You know what the best part about the photos are, there's no people in the background! Haha.
That's the part I love.

Reactions: chief2791
We watched a little of it. The neighbors on both sides of us are MSU fans, one of them season ticket holders. I would not be surprised if they make the trip to Frisco, Tx in a few weeks.
My work colleague is an MSU grad and is planning to make the trip from Greenville to be there in person. He’s telling me it’s $300 minimum to get in the door, which seems a little surprising.

Glad their smoke has cleared up. Not a pretty summer. 🙁
60e8c1bc54168.image.jpg

Montana is beautiful but also one of the most polluted and toxic sites of all 50 states. It's a shame what the mining companies did to that state. Once the copper, gold, and other minerals played out, They just packed up and left.

SD land has gotten crazy. Montana is insane. I priced some in May in MT, SD, and Wyoming while I was out there and I was floored. Sundance, Wyoming is nuts and Bozeman is like Silicone Valley now.

SD land has gotten crazy. Montana is insane. I priced some in May in MT, SD, and Wyoming while I was out there and I was floored. Sundance, Wyoming is nuts and Bozeman is like Silicone Valley now.
Yes, it went from ridiculous to absolutely insane during the pandemic. It used to be confined to Bozeman, but the insanity has spread over the entire state now. I'm glad I found my little slice of paradise in 2017 because I would not pay what the houses are selling for now. Without any exaggeration at all, I would probably double my money if I were selling now.

Last winter was fairly mild and not a fair representation of what winters are usually like out here. Most folks are hoping for a "normal" winter to scare away some of the out of state house hunters. Lol. But it's not working out that way so far.

Yes, it went from ridiculous to absolutely insane during the pandemic. It used to be confined to Bozeman, but the insanity has spread over the entire state now. I'm glad I found my little slice of paradise in 2017 because I would not pay what the houses are selling for now. Without any exaggeration at all, I would probably double my money if I were selling now.

Last winter was fairly mild and not a fair representation of what winters are usually like out here. Most folks are hoping for a "normal" winter to scare away some of the out of state house hunters. Lol. But it's not working out that way so far.
I just dont see how its sustainable myself.

One can drive on their back roads sometimes and you will think no one lives in Montana and that's the part I love.

Reactions: TAV31

Sad about the prices of houses because I would love to live there sometime.

I just dont see how its sustainable myself.
I have no confidence that it is. I'd be very reluctant to buy right now. In a state with only 1 million people, if 10,000 new households move in from out-of-state, it creates a severe demand vs supply imbalance. And if most of those 10,000 are moving here from even more expensive areas (California) and cashing out their equity in their old houses, these insane prices look affordable to them. Many of the houses are selling sight-unseen. But I'm not convinced it will last. I strongly suspect there will be buyer's remorse when some of these folks realize they need a 4X4 to access that mountain cabin (in the summer), discover their internet is too spotty to telework, find that the wildfires come uncomfortably close in August, and that they are completely unprepared for that first minus-40 degree morning in the winter.

Houses in ND were going for 15-45k in most any town roughly 5 years ago. Those same houses are now 40-100k. I'm trying to get this one 16 acre place w a house and sheds but he wants 160 for everything. It's an old dairy farm. House needs lots of work for me to live in it.
The butcher shop and a boutique store is for sale in the nearest town about 4 miles away. The whole set up is there, I just can't convince the whole family to go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT