ADVERTISEMENT

Are the Patriots THAT good?

ChairForceCock

Gold Member
Aug 17, 2001
I have heard all week about how the Patriots have not lost this year with Edleman, Gronk, and Brady on the field. Add to that Ammendola.....blah, blah, blah. Peyton was a great quarterback, and now is a good quarterback. Peyton will need to manage the game, and not mistakes cost them the game. So on, and so on...

I really did not have a dog in this fight, but will be pulling for the Bronco's now.

I will pull for the Panthers in the other game, but again, everyone keeps talking about how dominant the Panthers are. The Seahawks almost stormed back last week. Plus, I understand the Panthers have a strong run D, but the Cardinals will be airing it out. I actually feel like the Cardinals win a close one in Charlotte.

Patriots will win by 14+. I'm a Colts fan and still a Peyton fan and want to see him do well but I've seen him lose a lot in the playoffs. Pulling for carolina in the playoffs since my colts didn't make it.

I have heard all week about how the Patriots have not lost this year with Edleman, Gronk, and Brady on the field. Add to that Ammendola.....blah, blah, blah. Peyton was a great quarterback, and now is a good quarterback. Peyton will need to manage the game, and not mistakes cost them the game. So on, and so on...

I really did not have a dog in this fight, but will be pulling for the Bronco's now.

I will pull for the Panthers in the other game, but again, everyone keeps talking about how dominant the Panthers are. The Seahawks almost stormed back last week. Plus, I understand the Panthers have a strong run D, but the Cardinals will be airing it out. I actually feel like the Cardinals win a close one in Charlotte.
The Patriots are always good as long as Brady is at the helm. The Broncos had the best defense in the NFL this season. They will be put to the test this weekend. As you mentioned, Peyton has to be a game manager and not make costly mistakes. He is a shadow of his former self. The Broncos didn't get where they are this season because of Manning.

I can't see Denver holding New England below 21 or scoring more than 21 themselves.

The patriots are not physically great but they are far superior to most other nfl teams mentally. They play smart ball and they don't panic. They also minimize their assignment mistakes and they are a team . they are not individual groups as player but they are a team first and foremost!! That's why they WIN WIN WIN!!! By the way I am not a patriots fan but they impress the hell out of me !

Nice Ice Man reference there!
It's true though - the Patriots just win man....hard to explain but you don't easily beat these guys in the playoff, I don't care who is/isn't playing.

Really hard to see Manning + Broncos pulling this one out

If you watch, you'll be seeing Peyton's final game. Great career, great guy.

And now Patriots are 10-1 with Brady, Gronk and Edleman on the field. That's why they play the game.

Nobody got that one right!!! ... or the 2nd one - "Cardinals come out throwing it and actually win a close one" - hum, NOPE!

Manning managed it great and threw it well. TD's when he needed them - no picks, and his D outplayed NE's. Newton was close to perfect - man, have they got great O-linemen, pulling guards at 300-pounds who move like running backs.

Nobody got that one right!!! ... or the 2nd one - "Cardinals come out throwing it and actually win a close one" - hum, NOPE!

Manning managed it great and threw it well. TD's when he needed them - no picks, and his D outplayed NE's. Newton was close to perfect - man, have they got great O-linemen, pulling guards at 300-pounds who move like running backs.
Being a fellow Gamecock, I can see your dismay that the OL can block.

Agree on all. Manning played the game exactly as I expected. WR's played a great game for Denver, for the exception of DT who has all but disappeared. Absolutely amazed that 3 defensive linemen could put that much pressure on Brady....amazed! If you can put that much pressure on a QB with 3 defensive linemen and drop 8, that give you such an advantage. I can't see Denver getting that same pressure on Cam with 3 defensive linemen, but they most likely will have to, and leave 1 to spy on Cam. It should be a great Super Bowl. Really difficult for me to see Carolina losing this one. Young, energetic, and firing on all cylinders. Waiting to see if the line drops. If it gets to 3...maybe 4, I will probably drop a couple of hundred on them. Last I saw it was 5. I don't think it gets to 3.

Both the Patriots and the Cards had ZERO running game. It allowed the opposing defenses to unload on Brady and Palmer.

Reactions: funktavious
Agree on all. Manning played the game exactly as I expected. WR's played a great game for Denver, for the exception of DT who has all but disappeared. Absolutely amazed that 3 defensive linemen could put that much pressure on Brady....amazed! If you can put that much pressure on a QB with 3 defensive linemen and drop 8, that give you such an advantage. I can't see Denver getting that same pressure on Cam with 3 defensive linemen, but they most likely will have to, and leave 1 to spy on Cam. It should be a great Super Bowl. Really difficult for me to see Carolina losing this one. Young, energetic, and firing on all cylinders. Waiting to see if the line drops. If it gets to 3...maybe 4, I will probably drop a couple of hundred on them. Last I saw it was 5. I don't think it gets to 3.

Coming up on 9:30 AM and it's 4 right now.

When Brady is the leading rusher on his team, it's going to be difficult to win. New England couldn't run the football and the offensive line couldn't protect Brady. That's where Denver won the game.

Coming up on 9:30 AM and it's 4 right now.

More specifically, the site I use had it at 5 this morning. Others had it at 4.5 and 4. At -4...I am very tempted. -3....definitely. I already am set to win $500 if Denver wins. I put down $100 at 5 to 1 a few weeks ago. Now, I am tempted to put down a couple of hundred on Carolina to ensure that I win either way. Of course, the concern is that Carolina wins, but doesn't cover the spread. Then, it is lose - lose.

When Brady is the leading rusher on his team, it's going to be difficult to win. New England couldn't run the football and the offensive line couldn't protect Brady. That's where Denver won the game.
Agreed - They got Brady rattled. He had happy feet and was expecting to get hit nearly every time he dropped back to pass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT