ADVERTISEMENT

At baseball game

There were pages and pages of posts about it... IN THE GAME THREAD. Those are apparently deleted within a few minutes of the games ending?? Some stuff around here makes no sense...
Well, I was actually referring to this thread. But yeah, I didn't see a game thread.

Ah, the almighty "pitch count" .... the most asinine of all the new baseball commandments. I'm wondering how many Gamecock (or Clemson) pitchers in our 100+ years of baseball have ever thrown a complete game no-hitter against their rival? The Billy Beane counters and stat nerds have sucked the heart right out of our former national pastime.
At 112 pitches after 6 innings, he was averaging almost 20 pitches per inning. In the temps of that game and a little common sense, no way to you let your ace throw more than 120 pitches, much less 175.

Ah, the almighty "pitch count" .... the most asinine of all the new baseball commandments. I'm wondering how many Gamecock (or Clemson) pitchers in our 100+ years of baseball have ever thrown a complete game no-hitter against their rival? The Billy Beane counters and stat nerds have sucked the heart right out of our former national pastime.
At 112 pitches after 6 innings, he was averaging almost 20 pitches per inning. In the temps of that game and a little common sense, no way to you let your ace throw more than 120 pitches, much less 175.

Reactions: traildust55
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT