ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn may have stolen the FACE of Carolina Football in the years to come

Aug 30, 2010
Auburn knew exactly what it was doing when it went after Bobo they may have stolen Gunner Stockton the #1 Dual Quarterback for the 2022 year . You can bet Bobo will plant seeds in Gunners ear . Hope the young man stays true to his word only time will tell. GAMECOCK NATION Better show the young man some LOVE.

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
Auburn knew exactly what it was doing when it went after Bobo they may have stolen Gunner Stockton the #1 Dual Quarterback for the 2022 year . You can bet Bobo will plant seeds in Gunners ear . Hope the young man stays true to his word only time will tell. GAMECOCK NATION Better show the young man some LOVE.

Shaw's brother is his coach, I am sure we are in good shape still.

He won't have to plant seeds. Look at this staff. You think kids are going to be beating down the door to come here? We best break the bag out. I have a feeling we will so all is not lost just yet. 😁

He won't have to plant seeds. Look at this staff. You think kids are going to be beating down the door to come here? We best break the bag out. I have a feeling we will so all is not lost just yet. 😁
Sounds like your comments and the comments of others are doing everything possible to accelerate a decision for him not to come here.

just sayin...be a solution not a problem

Gamecock nation better grow the H UP, and quickly.

Reactions: drawplay000

The only thing that saves us is if the new staff out performs expectations and can start to build something so recruits can look at Carolina and say, hey the Gamecocks are getting better.

IF we win only 2 or 3 games next year it will take a whole lot of fan loving plus getting a bag man involved.... Gunner needs WR's and a OL to play behind.. Best case we need at least 7 wins next year to improve our recruiting.. I think Beamer can do it with the right personal..

Reactions: oakley51
I can’t believe people really think message board posts deter a kid or not from attending a college to play football. IF it did...that kid wouldn’t play football at all...because differing opinions exist and are uttered.
I think the recruits will pay a little more attention To the 80,250 strong vs 57,000 in the stands. If you want recruits, put a great product out on the field and attract a buzz. This is not a secret.

That sorry Bobo probably had Gunner’s phone ringing as he walked out of CSB’s office.

I can’t believe people really think message board posts deter a kid or not from attending a college to play football. IF it did...that kid wouldn’t play football at all...because differing opinions exist and are uttered.
I think the recruits will pay a little more attention To the 80,250 strong vs 57,000 in the stands. If you want recruits, put a great product out on the field and attract a buzz. This is not a secret.

You are desperately hoping it doesn’t matter.

Wouldn’t be surprising. We have nothing to sell here at the moment. It’s a lot to ask of a highly rated kid to make a decision based on hopes and dreams.

I don't know about the face of USC football for years to come. There has been a long list of saviors that haven't exactly brought USC to the elite status everybody was predicting. Just in the last few years.....Bentley, Joyner, Hilinski, was Doty for a little while until folks zoomed in on Stockton. But the next guy is always the best guy I suppose. I remember when some misguided souls were convinced that the only thing separating USC from greatness was to replace Bentley with Scar.

I don't know about the face of USC football for years to come. There has been a long list of saviors that haven't exactly brought USC to the elite status everybody was predicting. Just in the last few years.....Bentley, Joyner, Hilinski, was Doty for a little while until folks zoomed in on Stockton. But the next guy is always the best guy I suppose. I remember when some misguided souls were convinced that the only thing separating USC from greatness was to replace Bentley with Scar.

I get what you are saying, but an "objective" person would put Gunner Stockton higher than any of the other names you mentioned. I am pretty sure he is the highest rated QB to ever commit to SC (since ratings started).

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89

None of those were held in as high regards as the Stockton kid. Now on the flip side did anyone know that Maclwain(sp?) was ranked ahead of lamar jackson comming out of hs. Just goes to show you just never know

• Haha
Reactions: hornet9577
He committed because of BooHoo to a team with a losing record and a HC who couldn't win even a game of solitaire. I'm hoping the Shaw connection is the trump card needed to retain him.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Overreaction here. If those CBs were based on anything, which they really are not, the confidence rating would be hire than a 4...

I honestly still don't know what to think of this kid since his competition wasn't as athletic as that a lot of qbs face. He could be the next Bmac for all we know or he could be the next Shaw with a better arm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT