ADVERTISEMENT

Ball Placement Issues

JGH 35

Oct 22, 2013
It seemed almost every time the Refs made terrible ball markings and always to our disadvantage.
Bryan Edwards caught a punt at the 11 yard line and the refs marked it at the five. At first I thought was there a penalty? But no penalty was called and even if there was there is no such thing as a 6 yard penalty.
We also got terrible spots when it was 3rd and then 4th down when we went for it and missed it. There should not have been a 4th down as the runner made the line to make but it was spotted back a few feet.
Then when Mon Denson made the long run before our last score he made it to inside the 3 and they marked it on the 5.
There were 3 or 4 other times we got shorted on the spot.
Conversely, they seem to give very generous spots to Ole Miss on numerous occasions. I never saw it go the other way where the spot was bad in our favor.
I hope Muschamp brings this issue up with the SEC this week. It was absolutely terrible.

I'm pretty sure there was a block in the back called on the fair catch.
The one that stood out to me was Denson's long run. It appeared he went down close to the 3 yard line, but was marked just outside the 4.

Reactions: FORKCOCK and 92Pony
I'm pretty sure there was a block in the back called on the fair catch.
The one that stood out to me was Denson's long run. It appeared he went down close to the 3 yard line, but was marked just outside the 4.
Yes, that's exactly what happened on that punt. The block in the back was actually just off the LOS, in the middle of the field, because I saw the yellow blur of the flag live. I don't think we heard the officials announce the penalty - I don't think - but the commentators mentioned it quickly. BE had the fair catch around the 11-12; half the distance put it around the 6.

Punt return had a block in the back and half the distance penalty. But, that 3rd down just before we got stuffed on 4th was terrible. We gave them the ball at the 36 and they eventually scored. There should have never been a 4th down, you are correct.

On Charlton`s second punt, there was an obvious block in the back(on Brunson?) and ref was looking right at it but no call - I couldn`t believe it. Also, I thought Mon made a first down on 3rd down - don`t know why we didn`t challenge that one as the spot appeared horrible. Can`t you challenge it? I know you risk losing a time out, but...

Reactions: Cybercock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT