ADVERTISEMENT

'Bama favored over Mighty Clemson

Exactly my point. Bama being a favorite has nothing to do with on the field results this year and more to do with the name Bama on the jersey.

I hate to say it but I think Clemson runs away with this game. I know the defense has had its share of injuries but what has bama showed on offense this year to make you think they can put up 28 on Clemson's defense because I think 28 is the magic number here. I'd say final score is something like 35-24.
I will respectfully disagree, Bama is Better than Clemson, They will beat Clemson, It will be lower scoring than people expect, I am seeing a 24-14 Bama win..

Last edited:
Reactions: funktavious
Alabama needs to find a passing attack. If they're one dimensional they could be in trouble just like last year.
I dont know about that the Tigger Defense seems to be prone to giving up rushing yardage more easily thats last years D - hell - we even ran the ball on them in the first half and for some reason started throwing it all over the damn place

Reactions: Judson1
How? Based off of what?
same as your basis, IMO...

giphy.gif

Reactions: BigTomE
Bama is a favorite not because they think they'll win. It's set that way to get half the bets on one side and half on the other. They know there are many idiot Bama/SEC fans out there who will put money on Bama.

Reactions: johnnohj
Bama is a favorite not because they think they'll win. It's set that way to get half the bets on one side and half on the other. They know there are many idiot Bama/SEC fans out there who will put money on Bama.
Yes, they want half the bets on each side, but here's the problem with your theory. If they want more people to bet on Bama, they give them points. They don't give the other team points.

Not so sure you can call the ACC weak... they are 18-15 vs SEC in the past three years.It's an old narrative that's simply not true anymore.
I agree that the ACC isn't as weak as before, but head to head records don't mean much unless the teams playing each other are always comparable. You should just throw out Clemson vs SC for example. Its the best in the ACC vs a lower to middle level SEC team. The ACC has done well regardless, so I agree with your overall point.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Mine is based on Syracuse.. and the Weak ACC..
I'll give you the Syracuse point. They flat out whipped Clemson and I think they (Cuse and Bama) are actually very comparable on offensive strategy, with Bama having a way better run game. Both have mobile qbs. Both have good downfield threats.

I would MUCH rather Clemson have been favored. Much much much.
Me too. This is what dablow loves and excels at. Last year they both had better teams but imo, they are the two best teams playing now. Either will beat UGAY or OK

Vegas has Bama favored over the Mighty Number one Tater football team..
I trust Vegas more than a bunch of Sports writers..
Roll TIDE!!
Shows how bad the playoff positions are. Bama is according to the committee the fourth best team but are favored by those in the know over the so called #1 team. Makes no sense.

Shows how bad the playoff positions are. Bama is according to the committee the fourth best team but are favored by those in the know over the so called #1 team. Makes no sense.
Playoff committee and Vegas look at very different things. The committee evaluates teams for who is the best. Vegas tries to estimate how people will bet. Don't confuse the two.

Add the fact that Vegas is 3-6 in picking playoff games over the past three years.....

Reactions: Cockopotamus
WOW you have a short memory there Joplin, Bama lost to Miss st 11/30/1940 then lost again, to Miss st, the next time they faced them 10/4/1941....
While clem. Can certainly win history teaches us things dont bode well for the tiggers against the Tide in this game. Daboo is great about playing the underdog and us against the world card, Saban is pretty good at playing those same cards as well. Just sayin

I'll give you the Syracuse point. They flat out whipped Clemson and I think they (Cuse and Bama) are actually very comparable on offensive strategy, with Bama having a way better run game. Both have mobile qbs. Both have good downfield threats.

one huge difference between Syracuse approach and Alabama approach to offense is tempo . Sadly , Syracuse used up tempo the entire game . i do not remember exactly how many plays that they ran on offense in the game, but it was very large compared to what Alabama tries to do.

The AL CLem game , IMHO , will come down to QB play. If KB does not overthrow everything longer than 15 yards down field , Clemson will put up 30+ points on AL.

“If” Clemson can force AL to throw , AL is in trouble. If KB throws poorly and AL has close to 200 yards rushing between RB & QB , Bama wins

And one last point, call me a tater if you like, but they have beaten us 90 - 17 the last two games. Maybe we should worry about ourselves instead of them.

I'll call you a tater. It's obvious. Why does this site allow taters to talk crap about our team like this?

Lol some of the posts here are just downright delusional. Let’s face it here. That front 4 Clem has is dirty and they’re playing lights out football right now. Bama played one quality team that got beat by the upstaters and got pantsed. I’m going to be relieved if they lose, but there isn’t a team out there as loaded across the board as they are.

Lol some of the posts here are just downright delusional. Let’s face it here. That front 4 Clem has is dirty and they’re playing lights out football right now. Bama played one quality team that got beat by the upstaters and got pantsed. I’m going to be relieved if they lose, but there isn’t a team out there as loaded across the board as they are.
Alabama’s defense when healthy is as good or close to it as Clemson. Their qb is way behind though imo. Can’t really go by the auburn game though. Look how easily Georgia turned it around in just two weeks. I agree though that Clemson has more overall talent right now.

I'm calling it now the winner of the bama tater game loses the next one. I have watched both games and they were hard hitting and exhausting. Both teams will be spent and unable to defend the winner of the OK UGA game.

Mine is based on Syracuse.. and the Weak ACC..
Sagarin totally agrees with you about the weak ACC.

CONFERENCE WIN50% ARITH.MEAN TEAMS

1 ACC-ATLANTIC (A) = 79.70 80.55 7 ( 1)
2 BIG TEN-EAST (A) = 79.68 79.85 7 ( 2)
3 SEC-WEST (A) = 79.06 79.07 7 ( 3)
4 PAC-12(NORTH) (A) = 78.25 75.20 6 ( 5)
5 BIG 12 (A) = 75.58 74.14 10 ( 6)
6 PAC-12(SOUTH) (A) = 75.50 75.63 6 ( 4)
7 BIG TEN-WEST (A) = 74.11 73.92 7 ( 8)
8 ACC-COASTAL (A) = 73.51 74.04 7 ( 7)
9 AAC WEST (A) = 71.42 70.60 6 ( 10)
10 SEC-EAST (A) = 69.26 70.98 7 ( 9)

Please don’t let facts get in the way of a good story .

AAC West > SEC-EAST ?! Ouch.

Top to bottom ACC this year you could argue was worst conference.. Acc this year had a losing record against the other four BIG FIVE conferences.. they were 8-9 vs the others, and Taters got two of those 8 wins, so throw out that ONE Team and they were 6-9..

This stat is meaningless unless you ALSO take out the wins represented by the top team of the other conferences. Without doing that, its a dishonest stat. You were better off leaving it at 8-9.

I'm with you. If my hatred could make them lose, then they'd never win... but I think they beat Bama...again. And God it sucks.

Wondered what I was going to do for entertainment tonight.. I wonder no more. You guys are a laugh riot.

Lets say for the sake of Saying, teams are even... I cant see Saban (like you said) losing to a Clown like Dabo in back to back meetings, but hey, that i why they play them..

Top to bottom ACC this year you could argue was worst conference.. Acc this year had a losing record against the other four BIG FIVE conferences.. they were 8-9 vs the others, and Taters got two of those 8 wins, so throw out that ONE Team and they were 6-9..
Um no. The ACC was 2-2 against the Big 10 and 2-1 against the Big 12.

Sagarin also has Alabama at #1 in the country.

Reactions: BigTomE
Dabo is one of the top 3 coaches in college football at this moment. Granted , he made many learning related mistakes on his path to this point. It gives many tigers much pleasure to watch/read as some rival fans try and minimize his ability as a premier coach at a power 5 school .

There is no value in listing all of his accomplishments here ,as those that are gonna hate are gonna hate. Make no mistake , the people whose opunions matter know exactly what Dabo is worth to a program.

I am not sure if Terry Don Phillips knew what he had when he promoted Dabo , or if he went cheap and got lucky. Either way , there is zero argument that Dabo has overseen the largest improvement of any college football program during the period of time he has been head man.

Keep on hating , the people that count know what kind of football coach Dabo Swiney has grown to become.

Dabo is one of the top 3 coaches in college football at this moment. Granted , he made many learning related mistakes on his path to this point. It gives many tigers much pleasure to watch/read as some rival fans try and minimize his ability as a premier coach at a power 5 school .

There is no value in listing all of his accomplishments here ,as those that are gonna hate are gonna hate. Make no mistake , the people whose opunions matter know exactly what Dabo is worth to a program.

I am not sure if Terry Don Phillips knew what he had when he promoted Dabo , or if he went cheap and got lucky. Either way , there is zero argument that Dabo has overseen the largest improvement of any college football program during the period of time he has been head man.

Keep on hating , the people that count know what kind of football coach Dabo Swiney has grown to become.
Oh WE HATE!!!!
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT