ADVERTISEMENT

Bankruptcies on the rise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several things:

Trump certainly wanted more. You don't sign a 2.2 trillion package in March and a 900 billion package in December if you don't want more overall. He signed both bills. No reason to avoid the obvious.

Trump and Republicans agreed on how much money they would support as direct payments. When the legislation was written, Trump backstabbed them and suddenly demanded more money. He did that for the publicity. (Notice he backed off almost immediately after "threatening not to sign" the legislation. He certainly didn't fight for it. Almost as soon as he demanded it- and it made news- he backed off. It was just a gimmick.

Did you need a stimulus payment? I certainly didn't.

What he should have lobbied for was increased payments to individuals that had applied for unemployment and were out of a job, not direct payments to all Americans. That is what some Republicans like Richard Shelby proposed. Giving money to everyone was just a vote buying gimmick for everyone involved. .

Trump directly lobbied for money to go to his some of his own businesses by making them eligible. Congress refused to insert it - angering Trump.

I didn't need a stimulus payment, and I didn't receive any of them. But the income limited were set by Pelosi in the House and they refused to change them. Dems loaded these bill with pork and refused to remove most of it. They took advantage of COVID to line their own pockets and buy votes. Period. Trump either had to sign it or let people suffer, and he didn't have weeks or months to fight with them over it.

And the crap about Trump wanting money for his own businesses is just that, crap. Dems wrote the rule that nobody in the Congress or White House could apply for the help because they wanted to hurt his businesses and employees. Anybody that legally met the rules and criteria should have been eligible.

Of courses, Dems never write that kind of verbiage into their own bills, despite blatant conflicts of interest. That should tell you something.

I didn't need a stimulus payment, and I didn't receive any of them. But the income limited were set by Pelosi in the House and they refused to change them. Dems loaded these bill with pork and refused to remove most of it. They took advantage of COVID to line their own pockets and buy votes. Period. Trump either had to sign it or let people suffer, and he didn't have weeks or months to fight with them over it.

LOL

trump wanted bigger payments but the coward chickened out.

LOL

trump wanted bigger payments but the coward chickened out.

Yes, he wanted bigger payments by cutting the Dem pork. ZERO Dems would go along with that. They wanted bigger payments AND their pork. And then passed MORE Dem pork as soon as Biden was installed. And still want to pass even more. I guess 9.1% inflation isn't enough for them.

Yes, he wanted bigger payments by cutting the Dem pork. ZERO Dems would go along with that. They wanted bigger payments AND their pork. And then passed MORE Dem pork as soon as Biden was installed. And still want to pass even more. I guess 9.1% inflation isn't enough for them.
Ms Dee knows this - she’s just trolling.

Reactions: cocks rule

Lying again....

Just a reminder

• The $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan Act includes money for a bridge between New York and Ontario, and a San Francisco Bay Area rapid transit extension.
  • Both projects were backed by the Trump administration before the bill was written
  • New York is Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer’s home state. And it would be easy to suggest his fingerprints are on this part of the bill, except for one key detail.

The Trump administration first proposed spending this money. In May 2020, the Transportation Department asked for the funding

and then

"Trump slammed funding for foreign aid and the arts, like the $700 million in economic relief set aside for Sudan, the $453 million in funding for Ukraine, and $14 million set aside for renovations to the Kennedy Center in Washington.

However, the President's own proposal included those line items and requested funding. "

Lying again....

Just a reminder

• The $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan Act includes money for a bridge between New York and Ontario, and a San Francisco Bay Area rapid transit extension.
  • Both projects were backed by the Trump administration before the bill was written
  • New York is Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer’s home state. And it would be easy to suggest his fingerprints are on this part of the bill, except for one key detail.

The Trump administration first proposed spending this money. In May 2020, the Transportation Department asked for the funding

and then

"Trump slammed funding for foreign aid and the arts, like the $700 million in economic relief set aside for Sudan, the $453 million in funding for Ukraine, and $14 million set aside for renovations to the Kennedy Center in Washington.

However, the President's own proposal included those line items and requested funding. "

What a crock of shit.

Schumer says....? That's a guaranteed lie. And when Gottheimer uses vague language like "most everything", you know he is lying too.

As for the "backed by the Trump Admin before the bill was written", that is a misleading lie. Supporting something before COVID doesn't mean it belongs in a COVID bill in the middle of a crisis, especially when it involves a ton of cash. Nothing but Dem pork. Ridiculous to spend money on shit like that when a pandemic is going on. DEMs fully took advantage of COVID to go on a spending spree.

NONE of that had ANY BUSINESS in a COVID bill. PERIOD. And every bit of it was written by Pelosi and the House.

What a crock of shit.

Schumer says....? That's a guaranteed lie. And when Gottheimer uses vague language like "most everything", you know he is lying too.

As for the "backed by the Trump Admin before the bill was written", that is a misleading lie. Supporting something before COVID doesn't mean it belongs in a COVID bill in the middle of a crisis, especially when it involves a ton of cash. Nothing but Dem pork. Ridiculous to spend money on shit like that when a pandemic is going on. DEMs fully took advantage of COVID to go on a spending spree.

NONE of that had ANY BUSINESS in a COVID bill. PERIOD. And every bit of it was written by Pelosi and the House.
Also, do you notice how this guy only quotes highly partisan news agencies like CBS as his sources and those articles never have a rebuttal from the opposing GOP viewpoint to what these low life Liberal Dems say? That's why you just have to ignore him. He's not credible at all.

What a crock of shit.

Nailed it!

Tryin to break Jimmy’s record. They got goals. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: GoCocksFight2021
The same administration who claimed that current inflation was "transitory" then months later admitted they were dead wrong (Yellen) is up to their old tricks again. This time redefining the definition of a recession.

The widely accepted definition of recession has always been two consecutive quarters of GDP contraction. So now we we can take comfort in the fact that even though prices and inflation have gone bonkers, we aren't in a recession and can rest easy. We continue to be re-educated on the fly by this group.

Reactions: Thirdcatgy
The same administration who claimed that current inflation was "transitory" then months later admitted they were dead wrong (Yellen) is up to their old tricks again. This time redefining the definition of a recession.

The widely accepted definition of recession has always been two consecutive quarters of GDP contraction. So now we we can take comfort in the fact that even though prices and inflation have gone bonkers, we aren't in a recession and can rest easy. We continue to be re-educated on the fly by this group.

Whoever it is in the administration that thinks its a good idea to keep insulting the intelligence of the American people needs to keep up the good work. Soon the only supporters Joe will have will be Nancy and a handful of internet trolls.

Re-educating is what they've done best:

What is a recession?
What is inflation?
What is a vaccine?
What is a crime?
What is a woman?
What is climate change?
What is insider trading?

“I’ll take responsibility instead of blaming others.” — Joe Biden, 2020

Reactions: Ward Jr
To bad it’s not laughable how dumb these guys think Americans are when mansplaining their lies to their sheep .

Whoever it is in the administration that thinks its a good idea to keep insulting the intelligence of the American people needs to keep up the good work. Soon the only supporters Joe will have will be Nancy and a handful of internet trolls.
The extreme left has cause destruction of the Democratic Party, the only problem is the extreme right is doing the same thing.

Yep, and remember Deedave has smoking gun proof that young kids in public schools around the country aren't discussing sexual orientation and identity before the third grade-because his wife teaches middle school in South Carolina and it just doesn't happen. (That settles the discussion-end of story). In the meantime, all these publicly funded drag queen show stories at schools keep making the news among other things. Liberal indoctrination of children-just a conspiracy theory. Sure.
….the standard attempt he will use to rebut you is to say “stop watching Fox news.” We see that on this board from our darling “progressives“ cause they can’t debate any point. Maybe they should start watching Fox to see what they aren’t being shown on the other network.

I was in the third grade once, so Dee may be onto something cause they weren’t teaching it when I was there. 😜 (tongue in cheek). The “woke” company I work for held a drag queen contest at the corporate headquarters. I guess because they didn’t have one at the Dallas office it didn’t really happen. DeeDave logic.

Reactions: cocks rule
One of the things that brings the left and right parties together like no other is crushing the emergence of a third party.
That’s because a 3rd party has never been strong. Maybe Ross Perot getting 20 million votes, not near enough but enough to scare a few other candidates, or Teddy and the Bill Moose. When there is enough “resentment toward establishment politicians,” and there is more of that now than any time in my 65+ years, maybe it could change a few things.

That’s because a 3rd party has never been strong. Maybe Ross Perot getting 20 million votes, not near enough but enough to scare a few other candidates, or Teddy and the Bill Moose. When there is enough “resentment toward establishment politicians,” and there is more of that now than any time in my 65+ years, maybe it could change a few things.

The Democrat and Republican party process has every incentive to prevent any 3rd party from emerging.

The primary process that is now in place in most states is designed by politicians in power to limit 3rd parties.

This article is written by a teacher.

These kind of teachers are insane.

Great article and 100% correct.

Kids are facing these issues because, like it or not, there are children out there that face these issues personally and are asking questions about it. That's because they have gay friends or friends that are facing gender identity issues.

Young people are the most likely to be accepting of their friends being gay or expressing differences in gender.

When I was in high school, knowing a classmate was gay would have caused a lot of talking behind the person's back, jokes, etc. I heard plenty of them.

one of my 3 just graduated high school in June. He has a number of gay friends. It's a non issue at school. Much more accepted- including at least 2 trans friends. They are all buddies and from what I can tell, are treated fairly and just like anyone else- as it should be.

The kids don't have the issue with it. Their parents do. Good for the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT